• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin Discussion

Friday Night Funkin is an indie rhythm game playable on Newgrounds, and a downloadable version is available on Itch.io.

Let's talk about it!

Last edited:
I feel like it'd be best to wait for the full game to come out. As it stands, it's just a demo with barely any lore stuff outside of WoG statements. You could make an argument that Boyfriend and those that scale to him would be 9-B because of Skid and Pump's feat (if the crossover is canon, obviously), since the health bar shows the characters actually being damaged as the rap battle progresses, that and the fact that besides getting blueballed, Boyfriend seemingly gets his bones crushed if you lose a fight.

There's lore given by the trailer, game description, and the Week 6 cuts cutscene. It's not anything big, but it still serves as a plot, albeit a minor one.

I'd hold off on scaling them to the guest character's canon sources. The health bar only shows BF getting damaged, not the opponent, leading me to believe it's a game mechanic. I'm very hesitant to call this Durability Negation or anything similar.

That's something to discuss later though.

I believe we have enough content to start making profiles. When the next big update/full game comes out, we can merely do a CRT to update the verse with whatever comes out. Waiting on the full game to make profiles means we're likely going to be waiting years, while we have enough content right now.

As said before, there's a precedent set. Deltarune, Bendy, and Poppy Playtime got profiles despite only being demos (the latter two also lacked story/lore), so why should this verse be any different?

The health bar only shows BF getting damaged, not the opponent, leading me to believe it's a game mechanic.
Except it doesn't? Check the sprites again. Skid and Pump, Pico, Mom, and Lemon Demon's eyes all turn into an X if you're better at the rap battle than them, and in the Tankman fight his visor straight up just starts cracking. It's pretty obvious that they're getting hurt in these sing-offs, with Boyfriend's entire body getting absolutely smashed if you get a game over just being more proof that these are deadly fights.

I was referring to how BF suffers damage (the skeleton shattering) while the opponent is unharmed. The losing icons don't mean pain, but rather that they're losing the fight. This is debatable, I'll admit, however it is also off-topic of the original question.

Alright, i think i've seen a thread like this before. FNF really is a mixed bag here. no one has a durability feat except technically bf, who gets his bones screwed over by anyone he loses against, which you could in theory scale to anyone else.

Monster is the only one who REALLY has an AP feat (along with anyone who wields guns), which is him singing about ripping bf and gf apart and eating them. no one has a speed feat at all, unless you wanna try and say pico falling from kingdom come in week 7 is one.

There are actually a handful of feats

•Boyfriend catching Girlfriend got calced as Superhuman reaction speed.

•Pico's guns blowing the Tankmen's brains out.

•Daddy Dearest owning a gun.

•Monster being able to tear adults apart. Daddy Dearest was stated by WoG to be stronger than Monster, so he scales to this.

•Potentially BF surviving a fall from a plane.

There really is enough here for profiles. We have plenty of haxless 10-Bs (looking at you, Squid Game), and BF at least has Mind Manip resistance and superhuman reactions.

There are actually a handful of feats

•Boyfriend catching Girlfriend got calced as Superhuman reaction speed.

•Pico's guns blowing the Tankmen's brains out.

•Daddy Dearest owning a gun.

•Monster being able to tear adults apart. Daddy Dearest was stated by WoG to be stronger than Monster, so he scales to this.

•Potentially BF surviving a fall from a plane.
luckily LS is covered by monster's feat, which means the higher tier characters get class 5 I think?

i guess with that logic, FNF pages could be made.

so like does this mean i can finally make a Freddy Fazbear fist fights boyfriend match?
Sadly I think BF would be stuck at 10-B until we're sure he actually hit the ground after falling from the plane.

Unless we wanna take the skeleton shattering as an actual feat, in which the entire verse is 9-C.

FNF is in hell develpment and doesnt help that there is somes images going around that one of the devs buyed cra*k
1. It's not in development hell. It's a game, and they take time to make.

2. The crack thing is a joke. The image is a stock image that's been around for years.

I feel like it'd be best to wait for the full game to come out. As it stands, it's just a demo with barely any lore stuff outside of WoG statements. You could make an argument that Boyfriend and those that scale to him would be 9-B because of Skid and Pump's feat (if the crossover is canon, obviously), since the health bar shows the characters actually being damaged as the rap battle progresses, that and the fact that besides getting blueballed, Boyfriend seemingly gets his bones crushed if you lose a fight.
I think that this seems to make sense.

Which of our staff members participated in the previous discussion threads about this verse?

while demo = no profile isn't really consistent with our current profiles (Deltarune, Bendy, etc), I don't think everyone from FNF should get profiles. i think only people who have directly shown ATLEAST an AP feat/should scale to people with AP feats should get one, which would apply to;

Boyfriend being athletic human for being able to **** you up so bad in a fight your family would laugh about it behind your back for decades (he would also get resistance to fear manipulation because BF is so dense to a point they're too dumb to be afraid)

Monster being able to rip adult humans apart (this also gives everyone who scales to him class 5 LS) (and he has supposedly has perception/illusion manipulation from this)

Daddy dearest having a gun and being stated to be (supposedly) stronger than Monster (also has feats of having sealing/BFR [from trapping spirit in the dating simulator video game] and self-sustance type 2)

It'd definitely just be Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Daddy Dearest, Monster, Pico and maybe Senpai/Spirit.

Boyfriend would be 10-B or 10-A, superhuman reactions, and resistance to mind/Fear manip.

GF would have the same.

Monster and Daddy are 9-C due to being able to rip adults apart.

Pico has a gun and the most clear combat showing.

Senpai and Spirit are data characters, so 10-C with data manip due to Spirit changing the game environment.

IIRC, it hasn't been confirmed that Pico's School is canon to FnF. The wiki also doesn't allow Pico's School Profiles due to offensive content.
Wasn't there... a kickstarter statement or a goal or something regarding that?

Overall, I think the profiles are good to go. The fact that game is in beta never stopped us before. And here we have feats, statements, lore, what's more to have?

I have zero knowledge about Friday Night Funkin myself.

I'd say just let the regular users here make a draft version of the profiles (isn't that something that was proposed recently?) and let them be evaluated afterwards to see if they're worth creating.

Okay. That is probably fine.

Do the rest of you know how to create wiki sandboxes?

I have experience with profile/sandbox creation. I remember there were a handful of profiles already made for the verse, but they may be outdated. I can create Boyfriend, Daddy Dearest, and Monster (the three most important profiles) as examples.

A sandbox is a draft page for new profile pages that is a part of a wiki user page.

If you link to your wiki user page here, I can create one for you.

Okay. Please use a sandbox first, and then show it to us before you publish the contents as a regular wiki page, though.

but in all seriousness, theres a few problems with that page;

all of the resistances on spirit should be removed, since they're just a bunch of code and it'd be like adding resistance to soul manipulation to a robot.

both senpai and spirit should get small size type 9, as they're quite literally a bunch of code. he should also get some sort of ability from ******* killing senpai like the bastard he is (could just be a AP feat but who knows). Senpai should get sealing from having spirit trapped inside him.

Back