• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When are we gonna list internet gas as an ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing lineup

• Fat Dora
  • Hipster vampire
  • Kids the way they're depicted in boomer comics
  • Arguably offensive mockeries that will appeal to literally nobody
nice team guys

I didn't believe that was real for like a week of seeing it non stop. I genuinely thought it was just a big elaborate troll. Like how can you say this shit out out-loud and think to yourself "this is a good idea". HOW!?!!

GojiBoyForever said:
What has Marvel become...
A shambling mutilated corpse of what it once was that sprouts constant predictable intersectionalistic postmodern social justice warrior identity politics clichés.

This is just a very small taste of what Marvel under Sana Amanat, Axel Alonso, and Joe Quesada has always been doing (Axel has been replaced, but it makes no difference). It is the reason for why I have turned so disillusioned and depressed about the issue.

Imagine if the franchise that you grew up with and most enjoyed since you were small was treated in this manner and turned into something completely alien in comparison to what it was supposed to be, and that the people responsible for it constantly threw extremely offensive generic slurs, vulgarities, and slander against everybody who had the audacity to complain in the slightest. It would be very frustrating.

Antvasima said:
A shambling mutilated corpse of what it once was that sprouts constant predictable intersectionalistic postmodern social justice warrior identity politics clichés.

This is just a very small taste of what Marvel under Sana Amanat, Axel Alonso, and Joe Quesada has always been doing (Axel has been replaced, but it makes no difference). It is the reason for why I have turned so disillusioned and depressed about the issue.

Imagine if the franchise that you grew up with and most enjoyed since you were small was treated in this manner and turned into something completely alien in comparison to what it was supposed to be, and that the people responsible for it constantly threw extremely offensive generic slurs, vulgarities, and slander against everybody who had the audacity to complain in the slightest. It would be very frustrating.
Me as a DC fan: Cries in Gotham High

I thought you guys were just being mean about Trailblazer being a fat dora. But omg. She literally is. That's so terrible.

How does one set out to create an inclusive team of super heroes with a theme of combatting social prejudices and then end up making a team of super heroes that alienates audiences and then reinforces those social prejudices.

Imagine being an actual nonbinary and the marvel gives you a nonbinary superhero called snowflake. There is no way this was done out of love or respect. Are people at marvel really that unaware?

The people in charge of Marvel value sect-like virtue signalling filter bubble backpatting and identity politics rather than actual factual information, genuine virtue, and tolerance of people who disagree with them.

They think that only gay people should write gay characters, that only brown people should write brown characters, that only feminist women should write female characters, etcetera, and make them all uninteresting, bland, hollow, standardised and simplistic in the name of imaginary group identity "representation", rather than treating them as independent individuals, and they are also totalitarians who do not believe in the freedom of speech except for themselves and those who think exactly like them in every single area.

Speaking as an autistic leftist, who used to have various other mental problems, had relatives who were murdered by real Nazis, and tries to make up my own mind on every issue after thorough comprehensive fact-searching, I want to be treated as an individual on my own merits, not as some kind of token mascot and collectivist cliché.

Anyway, I suppose that this may turn too controversial if we continue. Should we close this thread?

Pretty sure the wiki is united in its hatred for NPC Warriors. I personally don't think there's much of a problem keeping it open unless actual signs of hostility or conflict show themselves.

I personally don't mind seeing more funny responses from people.

Plus it may raise some awareness about the communty, since manga and anime are also being affected by current PC media. This can give them a good idea of how their industry may end up like.

A few of the people in this wiki went ballistic a while back simply because we list gender among our character statistics, despite that we make note if it differs from the real world binary standards, so I am not so confident that we can avoid conflict here. There are people with lots of different views from many different cultures in this wiki.

@Newendigo

Well, since Sony moved to Silicon Valley, it also started to systematically censor all games that do not fit into the totalitarian "progressive" agenda, so that is a valid point. Everything should conform completely or be destroyed according to their viewpoint, and no true diversity, meaning that of thought, information, and perspective, will eventually be allowed.

Newendigo said:
I personally don't mind seeing more funny responses from people.
Plus it may raise some awareness about the communty, since manga and anime are also being affected by current PC media. This can give them a good idea of how their industry may end up like.
In what way? I'm curious. I have never heard of a manga or anime being labeled as PC.

@Ant I mean, this is no different than a discussion about a really poor quality series at this point as opposed to outright attacks on minorities. There are inevitably going to be ridiculous people like that out there but it shouldn't stop us from voicing our opinions on a media that was once near and dear to our hearts. We're not insulting or attacking anybody, this is honest if snarky criticism of how far standards on entertainment and story-telling have fallen recently.

Ant@ I don't know what is Sillicon Valley, but okay.

Yeahh, I think in part is good for the community to know more about the situation, it will enforce them to fight/defend/protest for their favorite mediums and franchise that have not been totally loss yet.

@Iam

He means that western SJW media and Silicon Valley will gradually put pressure on Japanese culture to conform via both financial means, as was done with Sony, and hostile "journalist" demagogues who agitate the keyboard Twitter activists to terrorise the Japanese creators until they conform or give up. The My Hero Academia creator has been subjected to quite a lot of the latter for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back