• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When are we gonna list internet gas as an ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iamunanimousinthat said:
Newendigo said:
I personally don't mind seeing more funny responses from people.
Plus it may raise some awareness about the communty, since manga and anime are also being affected by current PC media. This can give them a good idea of how their industry may end up like.
In what way? I'm curious. I have never heard of a manga or anime being labeled as PC.
Is not PC (yet), it just happens that those PC people are targeting those mediums currently; From harrasing authors and artists in twitter, asking for certain series, contents etc to be cancelled, and overall being assholes to east media.

New warriors wouldn't even appeal to the "SJW" types due to that naming structure. Snowflake's like if the first black hero was to be called Captain Colored or something, I've seen literally nobody actually in favor of this anywhere.

Antvasima said:
A few of the people in this wiki went ballistic a while back simply because we list gender among our character statistics, despite that we make note if it differs from the real world binary standards, so I am not so confident that we can avoid conflict here. There are people with lots of different views from many different cultures in this wiki.
I mean, weren't those few people also banned?

Besides, 98% of the internet has been united against Marvel because of this from what I can tell.

@Newendigo

It is the seat of power for most of the world's Internet companies located in San Fransisco, California, which is spearheading the attempt to socially engineer/brainwash humanity into a completely conformist collective hivemind without true individuality by gradually systematically censoring anybody who disagrees with their agendas in the slightest.

@Planck

In an ideal world you would be correct, but Fandom is a part of Silicon Valley, and is by no means sympathetic to these types of viewpoints. I do not want us all to get into serious trouble by this getting out of hand.

Aside from the filter that instant ban you after saying the N-word, I doubt would go as far to go full ResetEra and screw every single one that raise a opinion.

I mean, it's the internet. People are going to complain and speak their peice. They're going to try to get their agendas across. It happens on all sides. Creators just need to learn to stand by thier work.

I still remember when people were complaining about fan artwork of Nessa from Pokemon being whitewashed (she wasn't) and it exploded into this whole thing where people where posting actual images of Nessa being whitewashed.

I was so mad. Because of that small group of people making an issue over nothing, I then had to deal with actual racism and seeing those cursed images. It's the barbar streissand effect.

You would be surprised if you knew what I know. None of us, including me, are immune to getting banned if we step out of line. I am just a freedom-lover first and an economic leftist second, so I have a hard time shutting up about important issues, but we are also not in a position of power here, this can very easily get out of hand, and I will go to bed soon, so realistically speaking we should lock this thread.

@Ant

Eh, I guess so. This whole situation sucks ass but it isn't worth losing one of the few places on the Internet where we can unwind with people that can actually appreciate fiction.

@Wright

Probably, yes, as we are still associated with Fandom, and as such must conform to their standards, but I suppose that we might get slightly more leeway. I am not sure though.

@Planck

Agreed. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back