• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Properly adding Grappling Hooks/Tethers as an ability on the wiki

Am I really going to defile Kieran's grave to add a new ability to the wiki? Of course I am!

Really obvious, grappling hooks are an iconic piece of equipment used by famous characters like Batman and Link, and yet there still isn't any proper page for them on this site, despite many people wanting there to be one. It's gonna be a redo of this thread, because necroing is kinda lame. Add grapples as an ability on this wiki, using this page, but rename the page to tethering (not to be confused with other abilities like life link) so it doesn't get confused with the other definition of grappling, that being grab-based martial arts.

Agree -
Disagree -
Tried to use a grappling hook in real life and died -

Grappling Hooks aren't considered Thread Manipulation because they aren't really manipulating or making threads, that's the reason I've been given.
Currently thread manipulation event has rope manipulation as a possible type.
If they don't accept it you should argue for it to count as thread manipulation instead of a completely new ability page.

I agree. I believe this wiki should have more powers rather than trying to fit everything into the same powers

Why isn't temperature manipulation resistance divided into cold and hot temperature resistances?

Either way, this gives another ability to the Terrarian so I agree with Schmoopoly

I agree. I believe this wiki should have more powers rather than trying to fit everything into the same powers

Why isn't temperature manipulation resistance divided into cold and hot temperature resistances?

Either way, this gives another ability to the Terrarian so I agree with Schmoopoly
There is, it's called fire manipulation resistance and ice manipulation resistance.
Why have meaningless powers? "There are many people using a sword so lets create sword mastery page"

There is, it's called fire manipulation resistance and ice manipulation resistance.
Why have meaningless powers? "There are many people using a sword so lets create sword mastery page"
Resisting extreme temperatures doesn't mean you can automatically resist fire or ice manipulation and vice versa. They tend to work inherently different. The division is a pointless simplification but that debate would deviate this thread.

?????
No? Like check every page in the wiki, almost no character that survives high temperatures has fire res or any character that resist low temperatures has ice res
They are completely different abilities

Resisting extreme temperatures doesn't mean you can automatically resist fire or ice manipulation and vice versa. They tend to work inherently different. The division is a pointless simplification but that debate would deviate this thread.
?????
No? Like check every page in the wiki, almost no character that survives high temperatures has fire res or any character that resist low temperatures has ice res
They are completely different abilities
Almost all characters who have extreme temperature resistance have fore manipulation resistance because the most common feat is being ok in the middle of a fire, as for cold is basically the same but being in low temperature zone that has ice.
Not long ago i made a CRT to get Captain Marvel extreme temperature resistance because she had both fire and ice resistance but not temperature manipulation
The difference between fire resistance and temperature manipulation only differ in the hax itself not resisting it.

I mean if the characters using them like God Damm whips, then its probably a weapon
What if you are inosuke from demon slayer using a sword as a saw? Or one piece Kanjuro using a pencil like a staff too, or Jonh Wick killing people with a pencil.
Batman sometimes uses grappling hook as a weapon too

Back