• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What will happen if the DMC POC scans end up being real

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all it will get really awkward. Then they can be properly applied as a new profile, except if the canon matter is set in stone in which case they would apply to primary canon DMC.

First of all it will get really awkward.
it would be so funny
Then they can be properly applied as a new profile, except if the canon matter is set in stone in which case they would apply to primary canon DMC.
bro
why can't we just wait until December the 2nd (the global release) and see if the scans are still there
we didn't have to do anything to the profiles

it would be so funny

bro
why can't we just wait until December the 2nd (the global release) and see if the scans are still there
we didn't have to do anything to the profiles
People were rushing to get them accepted despite the actual version of the game, which would be available to all and would be the main support of the new stuff, coming out soon. Also the canonicity is still up in the air. In 2 months this debate wouldn't even have a reason for existence but such is human patience.

do you think it would've been a good idea if we deleted the verse and waited till december🗿
What? Why? DMC's current ratings are solidly built upon canon material stretching back to the days of pre-PoC. Where is this take coming from?

People were rushing to get them accepted despite the actual version of the game, which would be available to all and would be the main support of the new stuff, coming out soon. Also the canonicity is still up in the air. In 2 months this debate wouldn't even have a reason for existence but such is human patience.
Sevil’s thread was more so about explaining the situation, the scans as a whole would have had its own separate threads to discuss regarding which scans are legitimate but looks like everyone had rushed to that point since it was of interest to the majority.

Sevil’s thread was more so about explaining the situation, the scans as a whole would have had its own separate threads to discuss regarding which scans are legitimate but looks like everyone had rushed to that point since it was of interest to the majority.
Considering the premise even that thread had no reason to happen.

Get down please and resay it. Everything else from Dmc is good and proper material.
Sevil’s thread was not about scans, it was about establishing how poc’s versions actually work, it was meant to establish that 1.0 had a beta already and it was later on published as a full on game, the discussion regarding scans would have been handled in a separate thread which everyone had decided to rush it all of the sudden out of whatever reason.

If they are real then I will commit hara-kiri.
grim-reaper.png

c732224f1c2c4b40b0480ef3fe956687.jpeg

Duly noted

The scans aren't even in the current Chinese version. The story was that they were in an earlier version and updated out of the game as they were strictly within a time limited event. So it'd be odd to see them in the global release even if they were real.
Overall a pretty weird story no matter how you look at it.

Blame the company for having the game being worked on before dmc 5’s release.
I mean in the end it's just a shitty gacha not even a game for something like....I would say psp but that has pretty much died.....Yeah no idea. I would like some proof to set it canon. Would you be able to ask if the events happen in the normal series or if at least everything that happens also applies to the actual series?

I mean in the end it's just a shitty gacha not even a game for something like....I would say psp but that has pretty much died.....Yeah no idea. I would like some proof to set it canon. Would you be able to ask if the events happen in the normal series or if at least everything that happens also applies to the actual series?
The game happens right after the events of teminigru tower, that is stated at the beginning of chapter 1 on the mission screen.

But about the person being banned, I think this is too much, maybe he just took everything out there, I don't think someone deserves a ban for life from vsbttles just because they believed something false, But if it really is the person who did these scans, they should suffer a severe ban

I played the beta and didn't find anything like that either, although I'm not quite sure it's true, I'm still waiting for the game, on Facebook they share every day informing about it.

I would like some proof to set it canon. Would you be able to ask if the events happen in the normal series or if at least everything that happens also applies to the actual series?
It's supposedly set between DMC3 and DMC1 but other than battleboarders talking about 9d souls every thread I read about its canonocity people were just saying its not canon.

The game happens right after the events of teminigru tower, that is stated at the beginning of chapter 1 on the mission screen.
It's not possible for that due to nero existing. And anything I have seen states it as a pararrel universe at most. I have linked as much. I would personally want something to actually signify it's canonicity. Like a statement by the primary company or something.

It's supposedly set between DMC3 and DMC1 but other than battleboarders talking about 9d souls every thread I read about its canonocity people were just saying its not canon.

But It can't that's the problem. It breaks the lore in pieces and ***** all over them. Nero is either unborn or a newborn. Though I have also seen that the story only really mentions Dante and everyone else is there for the gacha. We will see. The most likely scenario and the one that has been somewhat supported stated that it's a pararrel universe but noone wants to comment on it's canonicity yet so that it can claim to be part of the franchise till a hard answer is given. The view interviews that have been given state the thing I posted on the thread that : To quote the Discord for the betas: “Parallel Universe, there is no time paradox. Set between DMC3 -> DMC1 -> DMC2 -> DMC4 it is not 100% canon.”

This is the only hard statement which doesn't mean much. A yes or a no answer would be enough. I guess we will find out soon though with the game coming out. If they want to treat it as completely canon fine. Just say it. Also I will be waiting for the Dmc wiki to see where they rank it regarding how canon it is. It's weird how they have Dmc 2 under questionable canonicity though. Oh nevermind it's just the novel. Yeah I will wait for their assessment.

Last edited:
That’s due to them not willing to accept a mobile game being canon to the series, that is a common theme especially with the popularity that poc had gotten, it is set right after dmc 3 that is 100% if you read chapter 1, even the book of demons was stated to have been taken from teminigru tower as well.

It's not possible for that due to nero existing. And anything I have seen states it as a pararrel universe at most. I have linked as much. I would personally want something to actually signify its canonicity.
Nero is there for gameplay reasons, he does not in any way participate within the canonical plot of the said game, it was stated that each added character will have their side lores that are not tied to the main plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back