• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What will happen if the DMC POC scans end up being real

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company that made it (not CAPCOM) said it was an "orthodox sequel" but realistically its almost certainly not going to contain any new story elements that will be referenced in later games.
That is not up for you to assume, it is a waiting game for now, the developers who are beifn overseen by Itsuno are valid source of information as well as the company, if they say that it is a dmc 3 sequel then it is which is supported by the game referring dmc 3.

Yeah more or less. It's a spin off mobile game by a different company that has tons of lore inconsistencies. The only reason we are even discussing its canonicity is battleboard stuff
I want you to list lore inconsistencies that you are talking about, you are not an expert in dmc lore if I recall so hearing you saying this is quite surprising.

I won't spend my time doing that, because I am not interested in arguing with you and it's clear you wouldn't change your mind regardless. I'm simply answering other people's questions, nothing I said was addressed to you.

I won't spend my time doing that, because I am not interested in arguing with you and it's clear you wouldn't change your mind regardless. I'm simply answering other people's questions, nothing I said was addressed to you.
I won’t make claims that I can’t back up, im not the type of person to assert things that I’m not 100% sure of, as someone who had invested time within the series and its source material I fail to spot lore inconsistencies, but you do you.

Calm down boys, we're all fans of Fraquinha, we're just asking if it's canon or not.
Oh I’m not being aggressive I’m simply replying to what he said, as for the reboot stuff, DmC devil may cry is canon within dmc as it is set within a parallel universe, poc seems to reference both the main line and reboot which is neat.

Nero is there for gameplay reasons, he does not in any way participate within the canonical plot of the said game, it was stated that each added character will have their side lores that are not tied to the main plot.
I did state that in my text.

Regardless I will wait for the dmc wiki and a formal announcement to set the matter. Nothing else really does.

Also seems like Dmc Poc will have DmC devil may cry then. Except if they want to connect them....Yeah it's a shithole. Gonna wait for the statement as I said.

My advice would be to seek out the answer based on DMC communities that aren't interested in power scaling. They don't have the conflict of interest that scalers do.

I don't think anyone actually knows. Best I could find are the words of a YTuber who speaks with the company and said
I believe the YouTuber DevilsNeverCry has said that the developers are leaning more towards the game being an alternative timeline than it being canon to the mainline games. DMC does have multiple different timelines, as was shown in the books, so I think that idea is more plausible.

Last edited:
It actually features stuff from the reboot, too.
This game doesn't have a good story, so I think that because it has things like that we shouldn't consider something like this as canon, reboot It is in no way canon within the verse, it would be much better to put it on that other profile which appears to be a composite verse

Oh I’m not being aggressive I’m simply replying to what he said, as for the reboot stuff, DmC devil may cry is canon within dmc as it is set within a parallel universe, poc seems to reference both the main line and reboot which is neat.
I understand, but is there anything mentioning that this parallel Universe exists within the canon?

I did state that in my text.

Regardless I will wait for the dmc wiki and a formal announcement to set the matter. Nothing else really does.
I mean I don’t get the skepticism when the game in chapter one asserts the events happen after teminigru along with the characters referencing stuff from that but let’s wait and see

I mean I don’t get the skepticism when the game in chapter one asserts the events happen after teminigru along with the characters referencing stuff from that but let’s wait and see
You don't get the skepticism that people consider a gacha game for android that the primary company at most oversees as shaky in canonicity? Seriously? The Retsu Isekai has more stuff than that and it's still non-canon.

You don't get the skepticism that people consider a gacha game for android that the primary company at most oversees as shaky in canonicity? Seriously? The Retsu Isekai has more stuff than that and it's still non-canon.
Uh the primary company has direct involvement with the product, they have the director of the series overseeing it and judging it, that’s why it took a long time for its release and the plot is approved by the company, I have no issues wether or not is it within the mainline or parallel universe since it will still be cool to explore other Dantes, like bayonetta sort of deal.

From dev streams I've always seen PoC as an "ambiguous canon" as a dev could not really deny or confirm its canoncity (which came way after a dev said it was).
The game devs kinda Shy away from talking about canonicity ig? Prolly to hype the game or something that’s why I brought up chapter 1´s statement about the game taking place after the events of dmc 3 and the site’s statement about the game.

Last edited:
I like the part where I fight Mundus for the first time, unleashing a dragon on susanoo.
Speaking of the sparda, I should add its space-time cutting stuff, makes sense to have it since it’s the daddy of the good old Yamato, also did you know that you can unlock Sparda’s costume that allows you to use Luce and ombra as well as the Yamato ? If you complete hard mode.

The game devs kinda Shy away from talking about canonicity ig? Prolly to hype the game or something that’s why I brought up chapter 1´s statement about the game taking place after the events’s dmc 3 and the site’s statement about the game.
Makes sense since a game that could be canon would make more money than a game that isn't canon.

Speaking of the sparda, I should add its space-time cutting stuff, makes sense to have it since it’s the daddy of the good old Yamato, also did you know that you can unlock Sparda’s costume that allows you to use Luce and ombra as well as the Yamato ? If you complete hard mode.
Yes, although I was quite angry about it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back