• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creator of Dragon Ball said it was canon.

There may be other reasons but thats the one I know.

@Psycho Toriyama also said BoG and RoF were canon, didn't he? That was later retracted. You never know if this one will get retconned by a new series.

@Weeb when the movie was announced

@Phoenix As I said there may be other reasons but thats one of them and for now it means this one is canon (and will be unless its changed)

PsychoWarper said:
@Weeb when the movie was announced
@Phoenix As I said there may be other reasons but thats one of them and for now it means this one is canon (and will be unless its changed)
Do you have a link or something?

Toriyama himself said the movie is the continuation of the story after the ToP arc. He is also most heavily involved in this than any other movie. Therefore it is canon.

AKM sama said:
Toriyama himself said the movie is the continuation of the story after the ToP arc. He is also most heavily involved in this than any other movie. Therefore it is canon.
Not really. GT is a continuation of Z, but it's not canon. He was heavily involved in the two DBS movies too, but they're not canon either. I still haven't seen a link to him saying it's canon either.

BoG and RoF were canon until retconned by Super so using them as evidence doesn't work as they were blatantly retconned.

Try looking up "Toriyama confirms Broly movie is canon", theres many pages about it and I dont know which to link.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
@Super
The DBS movies were retconned by DBS. They were initially canon. The same goes for this.
You mean it's gonna be retconnned, as in not canon? That really doesn't help your arguement.

PsychoWarper said:
Try looking up "Toriyama confirms Broly movie is canon", theres many pages about it and I dont know which to link.
lol i ain't digging around the web to find a quote for you. Find it yourself, or stop using that as an arguement.

Its currently canon, once the anime continues it will incorporate the movie into the anime (like with Battle of the Gods) and the movie will no longer be canon when that happens. Until then its canon.

Just hoping that the animation stays like this once incorporated into the canon. :')

Phoenixstorm9 said:
It almost certainly won't, at least not to such quality.
Shhhhh. If they hear us say it out loud, they'll turn the animation worse. They trace everything now. :(

Superweeb2987 said:
You mean it's gonna be retconnned, as in not canon? That really doesn't help your arguement.
We don't know what's gonna happen in the future. Until then, it is canon.

I think the question has been answered so maybe I should close this thread.

The movie events will be likely retold/mentioned in the new Dragon Ball Super Anime series and by Toyotaro for the manga.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
@Psycho Toriyama also said BoG and RoF were canon, didn't he? That was later retracted. You never know if this one will get retconned by a new series.

Its was never retracted, BoG and RoF movie is still canon to the movie timeline, and it is also canon to the DBS manga that is made by Toyotaro and supervised by Akira Toriyama.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
Phoenixstorm9 said:
Its was never retracted, BoG and RoF movie is still canon to the movie timeline, and it is also canon to the DBS manga that is made by Toyotaro and supervised by Akira Toriyama.
LOL no it isn't! What "movie timeline" are you talking about? It's not canon to the DBS manga, there's a BoG arc and a RoF arc in the manga! But even if it was canon to the "movie timeline" and to the manga, guess what? Neither of those are canon! Xenoverse is canon to the Xenoverse timeline (DB Online, DB Xenoverse, DB Heroes, etc.), but that doesn't make Xenoverse canon to the main timeline!

Well it looks like everything that isnt the Manga is non canon guys since Toriyama hasnt totally and completely outright stated that it is 100% canon ovo.

PsychoWarper said:
Well it looks like everything that isnt the Manga is non canon guys since Toriyama hasnt totally and completely outright stated that it is 100% canon ovo.
lol he hasn't said it's canon though. also please don't use owo or uwu or ovo or anything like that unironically.

"Will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV"

Toriyama doesn't need to use the exact word canon to say something's canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back