• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What if? - What if Gohan became Babidi's Majin Fighter?

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
Hi.

I'm thinking of starting "What if" sort of threads, where we discuss the possibility of story elements or scenes from whatever series we care about, that could have gone in a different direction.

My first one will start off with a concept I thought about for a while now.

What if Gohan was the one to be put under Babidi's mind control instead of Vegeta?

How would this affect the arc?

Who will die? Do people die?

How would Gohan be affected?

What dynamic would Goku and Gohan have to have before the brainwashing and what will it be like after it?

Will father and son ever love each other again?

Will Roshi ever get laid?

All interesting and equally important questions.

So discuss and brainstorm ideas and possibilities.

I'll be interested in seeing what y'all say.

I guess I'll go first, yeah? This is going to be a long post:

For this to work, Gohan can't be pure of heart, he has to be corruptible.

This is simple, make him bitter. Making him construct his own reality even when it might not be true. Alter the characters around this shift in personality.

Bitter at what you may ask? At many things, I respond in haste.

At all the enemies that made his childhood a horrific succession of one beat down after another, specifically, Cell for torturing him. At his father for choosing to abandon him to go train, for not being with him in his time of growing into a man. At his mother after she became even more overprotective and vicarious because Goku's death broke her a little. At the world, for dumping all shit he has gone through on to him when he was just a kid.

And the person he spites most of all is himself. HE could not tap into the potential he had before his friends were brutally tortured, HE couldn't control his anger as a Super Saiyan 2, HE let Cell start his Self-Destruction, HE let his father die, and HE was not a worthy enough son for his father to want to be wished back to life. No matter how much he succeeds in school and life, it is never enough for the slightly deranged Chi-Chi. He fears everyone despises him for his failures and his self-doubt is eating him from the inside.

Despite this, he always puts on a smile for everyone, he always listens to his mother's wishes without complaint, he spoils his little brother Goten rotten because of his desperate need to feel loved.

This is when he starts attending Orange Star High School, where he meets a feisty and beautiful girl Videl. She sees past the fake smile he puts up and sees that Gohan is a broken man, and she is determined to put him back together again. Since I don't know a thing about romance I'm a just stop here. Skip.

And so when he learns that his father is coming back for a tournament, he's conflicted.

His father is coming back, even if it is only temporary, and he's so ecstatic that he almost doesn't remember why his father isn't with him always. But that fact that his father is returning for a tournament sobers Gohan up and the resentment at his father returns in full, as well as all of his insecurities

Skip to the tournament, and all of Gohan's trauma causes him to get angry when some strange red-skinned pointy eared giant starts mocking his strength. And so he puts him in his place by ascending beyond a Super Saiyan, then Spopovich and Yamu drain him of his energy, blah, blah, blah...

Then we skip to when the Saiyans are waiting for Babidi's "strongest fighter". Gohan is silently internally fuming while tapping his foot anxiously. He's in disbelief, the one day his father returns and there is another threat? What are the odds? And how embarrassing it is to have the father he adores and the prideful Saiyan prince that he looked up to mocking him for his dimish in power over the years.

In his head, Gohan creates a million different excuses while secretly begging them to stop.

With Babidi freaking out in the other room, Dabura brings up that the Saiyan he was fighting with seemed very angry, conflicted, and not entirely focused on the fight. He suggests that Babidi tries to mind control him. Babidi protests saying that Vegeta would be a better choice, Dabura retorts that Vegeta's confidence and sheer egotism would make controlling him nearly impossible and that controlling a confused angry hormonal teenager would be more beneficial. Babidi agrees and casts his magic.

The longer the wait, the farther lost in his thoughts Gohan becomes, and with it, the angrier he gets. With the silence comes reflection, and all of Gohan's insecurities come to the forefront of his mind. Gohan's mentality is cracking and Babidi's mind-control is the straw that breaks the camels back. Gohan's mind shatters and he just can't fight back, he can't hold it in anymore.

He needs to get his anger and frustration out, and he knows the perfect person to do it on. The man that is at the center of all his mental anguish, the man that abandoned his sons "for the safety of the world" - his father Son Goku.

With Gohan's potential unlocked because of Babidi's spell, Gohan puts forth energy that shocks everyone to their core. Without warning sans a mighty yell, Gohan rushes toward Goku, grabs his father's face with his palm and breaks out of Babidi's ship to the wastelands above where he throws his father to the ground.

Goku, shocked and stunned, makes his way up and asks Gohan to calm down, to explain what's wrong and what happened.

This incites Gohan further, he races at Goku again. This time Goku responses by using his full power, going Super Saiyan 2 as well. It's a massacre, Gohan is just too powerful. But over the course of the brutal stomping, Gohan verbalizes his hatred, his insecurities, and his questions.

Goku, dumbfounded at how his son, the son he was assured to be the man of the house while he was gone, had turned into such a shade of a man. When he realizes that HE is the one responsible, he stops trying to fight back and accepts his punishment for his failures.

Goku crashes onto the ground, barely holding on to consciousness when he looks up to see a volatile Gohan. Goku starts to cry, the act shocks Gohan out of his rage, then Goku begins to apologize. He apologizes for everything, for his Saiyan instincts making him desire a good fight, for all the horrible people that have hurt him, for using him(Gohan) to defeat Cell when he (Goku) couldn't, for failing as a father.

Gohan is lost, conflicted, and confused. In the end, he starts screaming at the top of his lungs. Gohan's power fluctuates and begins to grow. He moves his hand in front of Goku's face, the message clear, this was the endgame. Goku smiles and closes his eyes, accepting it, but not before telling Gohan that loves him.

Gohan's energy drops instantly as if it was a value that was turned off.

His father just said the words he wanted to hear his whole life and he doesn't know what to do. Gohan screams again and starts crying as he falls out of his Super Saiyan 2 state, he then falls to his knees and starts apologizing vehemently for all that he did, all the failures that he took out on his father. Goku just smiles and pets his head, softly telling him that it is all alright.

During the altercation between Goku and Gohan, Babidi and Dabura are killed off by Vegeta, and Buu's shell is brought back to the World of the Kais to make sure it will never hatch again.

Right before Goku's time is up, the gang gets together to send him off. Gohan's anger has been voided, and what's left is an emptiness to fill its place. Gohan then looks over to see Videl and the sparks of hope are lit within his heart once again. Goku then makes an announcement, he's deciding that he wants to be resurrected, saying to the group that he was wrong, not all threats were the cause of his existence, Babidi was proof of that, and so why must he be apart from the ones he cares about if that's the case.

Internally, the true reason to why Goku decides to come back to Earth is revealed. Goku realizes that his son needs his help, and he was done running away from his responsibilities as a parent. He was going to come back and be the father and leader that Gohan needed.

Gohan, as well as the rest of the Son family, are ecstatic about the return of the Patriarch of the family.

With his father having return and with him actively playing a more meaningful role in his life, not to mention the budding relationship with a beautiful and caring girl like Videl, Gohan's life beings to be set on the perfect track.

Also, Roshi never gets laid, lol.

Well, that's a basic main plot summary of how I would do this What if scenario.

Whatch'a guys think?

Hst master said:
Roshi doesn't get laid? 0/10. But seriously this is good because it doesn't harp on the "Goku's a bad dad" meme but makes it clear that even though that's not true it's what Gohan is seeing and feeling.
Thanks!

I get really irritated with that meme, people act like it's gospel.

I just felt with this concept, that there could have been a lot of personal character reactions, and I like that as it is mostly foreign in Dragon Ball, so it would be that much more impactful.

Okay, some context @Warren.

You know Team Four Star, right?

Well, the dude who voices Goku? He has his own separate Youtube channel where it's become his thing of making Dragon Ball Discussion videos, the most popular being exactly what this thread is about: "What If" videos on Dragon Ball stuff. Examples include "What if Kid Goku went Super Saiyan?", "What if Goku married Bulma?", and the most popular, "What if Raditz turned good?". His biggest running gag is voicing a complaint from the audience, always starting with "BUT MASAKO..." (his username is MasakoX, btw), and sometimes ending with "UNSUBSCRIBE!" It's a running gag to the point that someone edited together all of the times he said "But Masako" on his channel

One of my favorite running jokes in the TFS gaming videos is how much they make fun of his what-if? videos

I just read Warren's scenario.

Dude, now I wanna talk with you more than ever. I loved that scenario so much it's not even funny. Kudos times a thousand to you. I actually got disappointed that you didn't go into detail on the romance between Gohan and Videl (tfw I almost said Zelda for some reason), because I wanted to know your interpretation, it got me that invested.

@Cal

I do know MasakoX, and I know he does What if videos on Dragon Ball, it was actually one of the things that inspired me to make this thread, but I never clicked on them (only saw the thumbnails), so I didn't know of the "BUT MASAKO..." meme on his channel.

And oh my god, that's so nice man, I really appreciate it.

Honestly, I have barely ever written anything before, only dabbled with the art. So my confidence in writing, especially writing and creating original characters is shaky at best.

It's why I like thinking about What if scenarios, like the characters, world, abilities, et cetera are already established for you, you just have to tweak it a bit to fit whatever narrative and themes you desire.

I wrote the thing in like fifteen minutes, and I was rushing through the end so the post didn't get even bigger, funnily enough. That's why I kind of skipped over Vegeta in general, which I sort of hate because I really like Vegeta. Not knowing romance was really just another excuse.

Not to mention I'm a male teenager that has never been in such a relationship myself, so I couldn't really see how I would write a woman or a romance between a man and a woman convincingly.

Although, the big epic fantasy story in my head that I am thinking of eventually writing has a romance that is integral to the plot, main character, and all sorts of twist in turns in the story.

Anyway, I'm always down to talk if you want (except now since it is 2:00 AM where I live lol), I live for having conversation and discussions.

But seriously Cal, thank you so much for your compliments, it means more to me than I can express with words.

I remember in one endings to the TFS videos, they edited in a link to a video called "Trunk's Fursona" or something like that lmao

It was in Cell va Deadpool. Also, in the lead-in to DBcember this year, they joked about it again with a fake "What if Chiaotzu was racist?" lol

I have many ideas, What if Raditz had turned into Super Saiyan in the fight against Goku and Piccolo?

ZeedKrakenZilla said:
I have many ideas, What if Raditz had turned into Super Saiyan in the fight against Goku and Piccolo?
What about ideas to this thread? To the basis of what I wrote?

Raditz would arrive on Earth, everything would happen as in the original history until Piccolo was about to kill Raditz and Goku, but Raditz's hair would begin to turn yellow. Raditz then transforms into Super Saiyan, Piccolo and Goku are confused by the hair change, Goku realizes that Raditz's ki increased a lot, so he remembers that Nappa said that maybe Frieza had destroyed the planet Vegeta, so he asks for Nappa and Vegeta to go to Earth. Raditz would lose interest in destroying the planet, and would ask to Goku and Piccolo to train with him, Raditz explains who Frieza is and both agree to help. Vegeta and Nappa would arrive on Earth in one year, until then, Goku, Piccolo and Raditz would train hard, Goku would get the Super Saiyan during this period, but Raditz would be stronger since it had the form longer. Finally, Vegeta and Nappa would arrive on Earth and they find Goku and Raditz. Raditz tells them to turn off the scouters so Frieza will not listen. The lower class saiyans become SSJ, Vegeta and Nappa are surprised and annoyed to think they are the Legendary Super Saiyan, Raditz said they would kill Frieza, Nappa would think he was crazy but with the power they both had, they agree. Frieza ends up listening to a bit of the conversation and send the Ginyu Force to Earth, they would arrive in one month, until then, the four saiyans would have a very heavy training, a month goes by and the Ginyu Force arrives, Raditz, Goku, Nappa, Vegeta and Piccolo find the group, Raditz orders Goku to fight first, then he turns into SSJ and easily defeats them all, Raditz attacks with a ki blast, killing the Ginyu Force, now the target of the saiyans is Frieza.

Babidi's Spell draws out the dormant potential inside people above their limits, so Majin Gohan would likely be close to the level of Ultimate Gohan.

Kepekley23 said:
Babidi's Spell draws out the dormant potential inside people above their limits, so Majin Gohan would likely be close to the level of Ultimate Gohan.
I figured something like that would happen.

However, for my ideas, this could be mitigsted.

As I altered the strentgh of the characters somewhat, like, I didn't give Goku Super Saiyan 3, his max was SSJ2 only. So Majin Gohan's strength might be lowered somewhat to fit the narative.

And not to mention it, but the fight I planned with Goku and Gohan was kind of a massive stomp in Gohan's favor anyway, so it really doesn't affect the fight, imo.

But in this thread, Gohan would also kill people in the arena, he would fighting Vegeta using SSJ2, as Vegeta and Goku wouldn't have SSJ2, Gohan easily defeats them, Goten and Trunks try to stop, but they would eventually be killed, Majin Gohan would find Dabura and Majin Buu. Dabura attacks first but would be easoly defeated, and everything would happen as the anime, Gohan kills himself to try to destroy Buu.

I will think it more.

Back