• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Riven isn't from earth so that's not an issue. How good's BB's mental resistance?

Yeah but how 4-D? Riven scales to being able to actually affect Oryx, the Taken King for a bit, though it didn't take. Through subtlety she affected the PC who might have even better resists.

Discussion about her mind was in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1484106

I read the op to remind myself what exactly was discussed and from what I remember the only thing that wasn't accepted was Immortality for her. Basically her mind (due to merging with the Moon Cell) is capable of simulating 8D objects/structures whatever you want to call them and thus lower dimensional mind hax should not work on her. Now, I was away from the wiki for some time so I don't know if mind resistance is still treated that way. Monarch proposed this so he should know the best.

I don't think it necessarily would be. Higher dimensionality isn't exactly some incomprehensible concept to irl people, after all, we can model it via math.

The way I think of it is that we exist on, and can comprehend, 3 dimensions. Despite this, we can measure the effects of the 4th dimension. We cannot even comprehend of anything beyond that, not without massive simplification.

So if something can comprehend an 8th dimension, they are in every way quantitatively superior to our mental capacity, and anything below that 8th dimension in mental capacity.

So yeah BB resists, if Riven is only 4-D.

BB's abilities and 8-D thing are in limbo rn

Depends. Though she would probably go for Aurea Borea: Golden Grail if she was fighting something on similar levels to her. Or some of her other hax.

iirc the 8D thing is literally only her info manip, and by extension her law and concept manip. She's not becoming physically 8D anytime soon as the dimensions used aren't the kind that would qualify for that tier in the first place.

If it ends up just being the simulation of 8-D space that doesn't count as 8-D there's how the vex could simulate infinite d space but that's weird and people would use that to be like "lol high 1-B taking" if I word it wrong which I probably would since I need to sleep

good thing that most of Riven's hax, especially Taking, is well above baseline Low 2-C

@Woki

this page of BB is for her within the Moon Cell tho

She debatably resists Taking, which is 2-B to 2-A, although this may have just been Oryx intentionally leaving her free will intact for the sake of entertainment. Other than that, it's 4D for most but definitely not 2-A iirc

Rivens own stuff wouldn't get there. 2-A's just Oryx, Vex as a collective, Player Character under the right conditions, and Light and Darkness

It appears to me that BB wasn't getting buffed and everything for her should be at the same level on 4-D. That's how I saw the thread anyways.

To me it seems nothing was agreed and she is still in between. Certain things were ignored, a lot of stuff in the thread was irrelevant and so on. But, we do have other revision concerning her speed, so I guess one thing at a time.

What about BB's passive Subject Reality Hax? Also, she passively sees all futures. An infinity of them in under a second. She sees the hax that the oppenent will use, and then adapt to overcome it.

Also, her mind manipulation resistance. She was also able to fight off the mooncell whom was trying to retake control over her.

Subjective Reality is a method of Reality Warping, so it gets resisted. Taken stuff takes care of precog. Pretty sure this was already brought up and countered by the fact that Riven would most likely try to Take someone who resists her mind hax.

Time manipulation is a variation of reality warping. So is probability, causality etc. But, as far as I'm aware resisting reality warping does not automatically grant you resistance to all of that.

Subjective Reality is literally "reality is what i perceive it to be." This is basically the exact same thing as Reality Warping and you have missed my point entirely.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
What do you mean by the last sentence??? I haven't read the whole thread yet
someone brought up BB's mind hax resistance

I countered with Riven just Taking when someone actually resists her stuff

We.... still don't know where her resistance ends, exactly, but it is above her tier and likely far higher. So it's fair to say that if it's Low 2-C hax, she resists.

Wokistan also came in to say that Riven does not have 2-A hax.

Authority was not discussed for 8D, it was about the Moon Cell and its abilities. No meaningful conclusion was reached on that topic. At the very least those abilities are considered superior to other.

If Subjective reality is regarded as a separate ability from reality warping then it requires seperate resistances to not get affected by it. Mind hax resistance is 8D for having 8D mind,

The conclusion I got from staff is BB's had resistance is just really strong low2-C tier.

I also thought subject reality was reality warping + non-existentce manipulation..

Yeah I noticed that. If Subjective Reality is just Reality Warping with a different name then why would we need seperate powers and resistances for it?

It's not negating any sort of projectile. It's turning the damage from something that happened to something that didn't.

if reality warping was inferior to another power due to being achieved through said power, it would be circular logic

regardless, Riven should resist Subjective Reality through apparently resisting Oryx's Take according to the page. This is assuming that it's separate from Reality Warping which it isn't but that's beside the point

"However, in this case reality warping is also a subset of this power. It's essentially truth manipulation" - DontTalkDT - https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2971691#8

"In short, the user control the line between what is real (truth, fact, axiom) and what is unreal (imagination, fantasy, illusion, dream), allowing it to bring nonexistence into reality and vice versa." - Antoniofer - https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2971691

"This is a most specific power, whose natural is mess with the boundary of reality and unreality." - Antoniofer - https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2971691#4

They make it sound almost like its different, but they also make it seem like Advanced Subjective reality is > Reality warping, and Subjective reality is more focused on manipulating things that don't exist. but im unsure.

But BB's subjective reality - negation - is passive. can he nullify it????

Back