• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It’s time to revise some Destiny statistics again, mostly downgrading tiers. In exchange we have actual calcs and slightly more nuanced scaling. Just slightly.

First of all, 5-C and 4-B are going. After taking a closer look at the feats used to justify these ratings, they’re all done through hax, through preparation, through a superweapon no one scales to, over an unknown time period and/or through unknown methods.
The only feat that seems somewhat legitimate is Xivu Arath destroying a moon. However the circumstances of that feat are still vague and it can easily be argued to be an outlier.

Instead I think we should use the Ice Reaper Psion Flayers moving Phobos to scale the high and top tier characters within material space. Within this grimoire card there is some ambiguity about whether this is actually the doing of the Psion Flayers. However, it is worth noting that the Warlock orders’ intelligence and information gathering are very reliable. The fact that the Cabal have demonstrated no other means of using telekinetic/gravitational capabilities on this level also supports this notion. So that’s a Large Country Level+ and Class P Lifting Strength feat.

In Season of Dawn three Psion Flayers from the Red Legion, who should be on par with or superior to the Ice Reaper Psion Flayers, fuse with each other to form one super Psion Flayer, named Inotam. They do this specifically to obtain greater power after their plans had been continuously thwarted. So I think it’s safe to scale them to the full yield of the Phobos calculation, which would make the top tiers Continent Level with a number of them also scaling to Class P Lifting Strength.

Guardian Lifting Strength feats generally don’t come close to Class P, but the same goes for their destructive capabilities. I believe there’s grounds for scaling their Lifting Strength to Psion Flayer telekinesis.
  • According to lore writer Seth Dickinson: a motivated Titan could lift impossible weight (which isn’t even referring to powerful Titans).
  • Multiple no-name Warlocks could make small islands float with their own telekinesis.
  • There’s a precedent for powerful paracausal entities being physically this strong in Oryx (who top tier Guardians scale to) physically moving parts of the Dreadnaught when building it.
  • In D2 Psion Flayers use their telekinesis in combat to send Guardians flying across the map. But if you move against them you can reduce it to just being pushed back a little. And if you are performing a melee attack you can even negate the knockback entirely, while still taking damage. (It could be argued these are game mechanics however)

Currently there are only a few pages that scale to this in any way. It comes from Drake Tanks destroying large metal gates, which came out as 8-B. Some Guardian super abilities and weaponry scale to this along with most combat vehicles and bosses. Top tier Guardian base physicals might also scale; more on that later.

Top tier Guardians are at least 9-A, likely 8-B physically

Top tier Guardians are generally portrayed as superior to the average Guardian all around. I believe a likely 8-B is warranted for their low-end tiers.

Some evidence for this would be:

4-B is gone, but the feats currently used to justify Low 2-C seem concrete enough to go without the “likely”. I’m primarily referring to the Court of Oryx pushing his Throne World inside out. Low 2-C divided by a finite number is still Low 2-C after all.

This mainly concerns Oryx. The threat he posed to the Vex Collective was only possible because the Vault of Glass is connected to all other parts of the Collective. He only could have corrupted the Collective through a chain reaction.
Besides, the Vex Collective isn’t just one structure or character one can scale to; it doesn’t have AP or Durability.

"If the Taken are here in the Vault, they are at the heart of the Vex collective mind. Imagine—the machine-planets of the Vex surging with Taken power. This must not be, Guardian." - Ikora

"The Guardian attacks Morphon and its many defenders. Eventually, the Hydra teleports to another location. Upon opening fire, the Guardian finds Morphon heavily shielded. A few Oracles are seen floating nearby. The Guardian takes them out, leaving the Ultra dazed and vulnerable. The Guardian continues attacking it until a detainment shield surrounds them. Quickly breaking it, they find the Hydra and continue fighting until it succumbs to its damage and dies. The Taken fog lifts, and the remaining forces retreat. The Labyrinth is finally silent.

• GHOST: I think... Yes. We've cleared the Vault of Taken. For the moment, anyway.
  • PRAEDYTH: I think that's it. They're closing the door... I lived! Just remember, tell them! I li(ved!) (signal cuts out)"

Taking is also losing tier 1 scaling as that is based on outdated information. We now know the power to Take originally came from the Witness, not the Winnower. It is simply an expression of Darkness like Stasis and Strand, although a particularly powerful one.

Of course this means tier 1 Range is also going.

I'll summarily list the changes that would be made to the verse's tiering.
  • Powerful Psion Flayers: High 6-B+ (2.7634224e+24 joules)

• Inotam: 6-A (3x as strong as a powerful Psion Flayer; 8.2902671e+24 joules)

• Most combat vehicles and bosses (whenever those get profiles): 8-B (8,9540433e+10 joules)

• Average Guardian: Varies, at least 9-A physically, Higher with abilities, up to 8-B with super abilities and weapons

• High tier Guardian (whenever those get profiles): Varies, at least 9-A, likely Higher physically, Higher with abilities, up to 8-B with super abilities and weapons, at most High 6-B+

Lifting Strength: current rating +"at most likely Class P"

• Top tier Guardians (such Ikora and Saint-14): Varies, at least 9-A, likely 8-B physically, Higher with abilities, up to 8-B with super abilities and weapons, at most 6-A

Lifting Strength: current rating +"at most likely Class P"

• Shin Malphur: Varies, at least 9-A, likely 8-B physically, Higher with abilities, up to 8-B with super abilities and weapons, at most High 6-B+, likely 6-A (The most renowned Gunslinger. Drifter is scared of him and doesn’t think the Guardian could outshoot Shin. Has survived outside of the Last City for centuries with just his one life. Has killed many rogue Guardians. Ultimately doesn’t have straightforward scaling for 6-A)

• Knight and Wizard: Varies, at least 9-A, up to High 6-B+

Knight Lifting Strength: current rating +"up to likely Class P"

• Knight and Wizard (in the Ascendant Plane): Varies, up to Low 2-C

• Malok: High 6-B+, likely 6-A (Rose to the rank of Hive Prince before being Taken and could have become the new Taken King after Oryx’s death. Not straight up 6-A because most other contenders were already dead)

Lifting Strength: likely Class P

• Riven: 6-A (Mostly for the same reasons she’s at her current tier)

• Crota: 6-A (At least on Inotam’s level, since he stomped an army of thousands of Guardians, including the likes of Ikora, to the point that they abandoned the Moon and made it a restriction zone) | Low 2-C, possibly 2-C

• The Daughters of Oryx: Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Comparable to Crota)

• The Warpriest: Low 2-C (One of the most powerful members of the Court of Oryx)

• Nokris: High 6-B+, likely 6-A (Xol’s most powerful follower, a threat to Rasputin, a child of Oryx. Weaker than Crota however)

• Xol: 6-A (Stated by the Guardian’s Ghost to be the most powerful thing he has ever seen. This would include Crota, the entire Court of Oryx, and a weakened Oryx) | At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C

Lifting Strength: Class P

• Akka: At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C

• Oryx: At least 6-A (At his prime he’s more powerful than Xol), 4-B Environmental Destruction if the Dreadnaught's core is destroyed | At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C

Lifting Strength: Class P

• Gorgon Durability: Likely Low 2-C, possibly 2-C

• Hiraks: High 6-B+ (Is an Ascendant and was able to create a Throne World after gaining power from Cayde-6’s death)

• Any instance of tier 1 Range is removed

Thanks for reading this. Apologies for this OP not being as well-structured as some of my previous ones.
Feel free to ask questions. I admittedly could have added more context, but didn’t know how to fit it in.

Agree: @AbaddonTheDisappointment, @Roachman40, @PsychoWarper, @RealGashMashWeedStasha, @Setsuna_tenma, @ExSENNA, @Mr.Cinos15, @Celestial_Pegasus, @Starter_Pack, @Rakih_Elyan, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Mr._Bambu

Disagree:

ADDITION:
"In spirit of downgrades Oryx's (and by extension the Xol's and Akka's) 2-B rating should probably go too. The current justifications for this tier don't really point towards the destruction of any 2-B structures. If anything it seems to simply be a range feat.

He would simply up-scale (by a lot) from Atheon."

Agree: @LephyrTheRevanchist, @AbaddonTheDisappointment, @Roachman40, @PsychoWarper, @Rakih_Elyan, @Mr._Bambu, @Starter_Pack

Last edited:
I don't think Oryx would be able to qualify for 6-A+ since he'd just be upscaling from baseline 6-A. Just have him as "At least 6-A".

Besides that everything else seems fine from what I can tell

He'd upscale from Inotam though, who scales to the full result of the Phobos calc as she's >= 3x an individual Ice Reaper Psion Flayer.

He'd upscale from Inotam though, who scales to the full result of the Phobos calc as she's >= 3x an individual Ice Reaper Psion Flayer.
Even then, I don't think that's enough. The difference is roughly 1.31x from the 3x value and 6-A+. Even with the pretty big superiority Oryx has over them, I don't think that's enough for that upscale. Last I checked even 1.2x is considered kind of pushing it in terms of upscaling and requires a pretty substantial amount of evidence.

Also just realized should warpriest also have likely 2-c if he’s comparable to Crota?

Last edited:
Doesn't 6-A+ start from 9.22e+24 joules?

Also my bad. He's simply one of the stronger members of the Court of Oryx.

Last edited:
Wow, unexpected Destiny revision after 67 billion years

Does the Tier 1 dead part mean Oryx loses all his Low 1-C/High 1-B stuff?

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll start applying the changes later this week, if no one has disagreed by then.

UPDATE:

In spirit of downgrades Oryx's (and by extension the Xol's and Akka's) 2-B rating should probably go to. The current justifications for this tier don't really point towards the destruction of any 2-B structures. If anything it seems to simply be a range feat.

He would simply up-scale (by a lot) from Atheon.

Last edited:
Low 2-C, likely 2-C. The 'likely' isn't a matter of fully scaling to 2-C or not, but rather a matter of VoG lore being purposefully ambiguous.

Psycho has cast whisperings my way of this thread. I dunno how common knowledge it is, but I separated myself from Destiny years ago coz I disagreed with the ratings. I'm not a particular lore expert, but wasn't fond of the stuff being used/interpreted as they were. I'm a fan of the thread, you guys did genuinely great work.

I'm a little surprised 5-C is going, but I accept your arguments for it. Little iffy on the notion of upscaling to High 6-A but I'll also accept that, as you guys seem to display pretty rigid standards and definitely have a better sense than I in regards to this particular verse. I do question who will be High 6-A, given your new scaling proposal doesn't list any entity at that rating.

Everything else looks great.

I do question who will be High 6-A, given your new scaling proposal doesn't list any entity at that rating.
That was a sentence I forgot to remove from the OP. It used to say 'Continent Level+', because I mistook the level of joules at which that starts. Characters that upscale enough will simply be "At least 6-A".

Thanks for the input, Bambu. Glad to hear you can agree with these ratings.

Psycho has cast whisperings my way of this thread. I dunno how common knowledge it is, but I separated myself from Destiny years ago coz I disagreed with the ratings. I'm not a particular lore expert, but wasn't fond of the stuff being used/interpreted as they were. I'm a fan of the thread, you guys did genuinely great work.

I'm a little surprised 5-C is going, but I accept your arguments for it. Little iffy on the notion of upscaling to High 6-A but I'll also accept that, as you guys seem to display pretty rigid standards and definitely have a better sense than I in regards to this particular verse. I do question who will be High 6-A, given your new scaling proposal doesn't list any entity at that rating.

Everything else looks great.
We commit a lil bit of whisperin

A somewhat unrelated question: Why do plenty of Destiny characters have both Type 5 and 7 Immortality, aren't those two contradictory?

The Hive are kept 'alive' unnaturally by their Worms even when they should have already aged to dust.

Type 5 comes from some Hive having separated their deaths from themselves.

Take away their Type 5 and they would still have their Worms. That's why both are listed.

The Hive are kept 'alive' unnaturally by their Worms even when they should have already aged to dust.

Type 5 comes from some Hive having separated their deaths from themselves.

Take away their Type 5 and they would still have their Worms. That's why both are listed.
Thanks for reply. So are they kept "alive" by their symbiotic Worms or are biologically dead but can still exists and stay active due to symbiote giving them indefinite lifespawn?

I didn't know the second part, I know Oversoul stuff but I guess this one is unrelated. So if they have their deaths seperate from that means they are deathless so type 5 but then 7 becomes redunant no? Those two together looked so contradictory but probably I'm wrong anyways Idk Destiny much didnt even play this game

Both really.

Oversouls are one variation of separating your death.

Is Type 7 redundant? Yes.
Is it more accurate to list both in this specific case? Also yes.

Anyway, if you have more questions you should ask them on my wall.

Back