• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Emperor There is no 'attack where the aura is melted' because the aura wont stay melted, you cant destroy part of aura while aura is still acitve, you have to destroy all of it otherwise it will still be the full body shield it is

Jason votes for BE, Emperor changed to BE, and Tony room his vote back, leaving this at 10-10, it seems?

The video says Aura protects the combatant from what would normally be a fatal blow (in this case, shown as a sword strike).

Then it proceeds to say that as they receive more and more damage the aura reserves will deplete until they're left with nothing of it.

The darn rat happens to have the perfect counter for that - as its projectiles keep melting what they hit and were shown to melt even SP, thus they will do constant damage at an ever increasing rate to her aura and burn through her reserves ever faster with each additional shot that connects until its depleted and she gets affected herself.

BTW, if people forgot, the darts have anti-regen properties. Her aura isn't fixing itself. It melted Star Platinum off-screen and Jotaro was only able to fix it by calling it back and then summoning it later. So basically, Weiss would need to dispel the aura momentarily and bring it out again to fix its melted nature. If she doesn't do this (if its even possible to dispel auras voluntarily, and she has to know to do this to fix her aura too), she'd be covering herself in viscous, sticky liquid at best...wait a minute.

Weekly, I see you're a man of culture as well

With Efi on Weiss this is 11-10 favoring Weiss, does that sound correct?

No tactic. Aura would just replace the melted part. That's like saying water can't fill in a gap because a regen negating dude took a piece of it out.

Close @Ricsi, it's like melting a part of the container that the water is in rather than taking a piece of it out. Sure if you have Regenerationn you can put the piece that was taken out back in, but what if it wasn't taken out... just melted?

FateAlbane said:
The video says Aura protects the combatant from what would normally be a fatal blow (in this case, shown as a sword strike).
Then it proceeds to say that as they receive more and more damage the aura reserves will deplete until they're left with nothing of it.

The darn rat happens to have the perfect counter for that - as its projectiles keep melting what they hit and were shown to melt even SP, thus they will do constant damage at an ever increasing rate to her aura and burn through her reserves ever faster with each additional shot that connects until its depleted and she gets affected herself.
^ Again, the Rat doesn't need any weak spot to begin with. Not quite sure where people are getting that impression from.

@Fate Cool, even more reason for her to use any one of her multiple means of defending herself

Plus the darts can only do a set amount of melting

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No tactic. Aura would just replace the melted part. That's like saying water can't fill in a gap because a regen negating dude took a piece of it out.
But the dart will stick in the aura as it destroys it. Because of that each dart will tax the aura more and more. It's like a Damage over Time attack that lasts until the target breaks and can be stacked.

@Fate to be fair the darts have a set amount of Stand poison within them. We know this because Jotaro can stop time and pull them out before they take affect.

That and Jotaro got hit by three and he didn't continiously melt into a puddle. His arm melted a bit for the moment and then stopped.

Also what's stopping the dart from striking her aura, melting it, and then having another dart in succession hitting her where her aura melted? She can't repair her aura instantly like that.

TacticalNuke002 said:
BTW, if people forgot, the darts have anti-regen properties. Her aura isn't fixing itself. It melted Star Platinum off-screen and Jotaro was only able to fix it by calling it back and then summoning it later. So basically, Weiss would need to dispel the aura momentarily and bring it out again to fix its melted nature. If she doesn't do this (if its even possible to dispel auras voluntarily, and she has to know to do this to fix her aura too), she'd be covering herself in viscous, sticky liquid at best...wait a minute.

Weekly, I see you're a man of culture as well

@Prof

Jotaro flicking them out of Josuke doesn't show that the melting power is limited, just that the poison take so time to spread, which makes sense.

Also Jotaro was half-puddle at the end of the fight. The man's entire right side is screwed.

@Weekly Using her other means is fair play to me, hence why I'm not trying to disprove anyone's vote based on that.

Just the whole "Oh the shot can't bypass aura" or "it needs some blind spot or weak point" reasoning that seems quite faulty to me.

Other than that, while I think the Rat wins I have no complaints if Weiss does.

@Professor I know. But a set ammount of poison in each dart really isn't much of a problem if you keep getting hit by a bunch of them coming from unexpected angles because you can't even see them or their source to begin with. Each dart has a set ammount of poison but the rat spams them and her aura reserves aren't infinite either so.

EDIT: Also as Assalt said, just a few darts and Jotaro's side was melted like butter.

@Prof I mean. The rat spams those darts - 12 are still very much a few when by comparison with what happens here, as Jotaro could:

1. See the source

2. See the darts

3. Time stop

4. Had one of the stands of highest precision in the series

5. But *still* didn't stop the rats tactics from hitting him over and over.

@Fate No one is saying it cant get through her aura eventually, what is being argued is that it cant melt permanent holes in her aura that he can attack through nor can it oneshot her aura

Also TBH BE's tactic really wasnt all that impressive, all it did was ricochet its attack off a rock behind Jotaro and half its attacks still missed

Y'all also forget Jotaro as walking the entire time. Weiss is a huntress who isnt going to be walking. She will spring and have ice shield covers unlike Jotaro who had no cover at all

He didnt adjust mid-timestop, he ricocheted them off the rock behind him in a spread pattern so even if Jotaro dodged he would be hit by a few attacks from a blind spot, thats not impressive at all thats a basic tactic

How is ricocheting multiple darts at once (when said darts melt the target) by hitting a rock, only to hit a target's back when you shot it from the upfront, while simultaneously predicting to which side your target would evade after using a time-stop - to better know the projectile's trajectory - not impressive?

Tagging a character with projectiles when he can time stop to avoid them isn't impressive how? Also, the fact that it could figure out the time stop from just seeing it once means that its more intelligent than Jotaro and his entire Stardust Crusaders gang.

@Fate He didnt predict where Jotaro was going to dodge, it was a spread from a blind spot. The steriotypical 'you missed. wasnt aiming for you.' trick.

Yusuke138 said:
Y'all also forget Jotaro as walking the entire time. Weiss is a huntress who isnt going to be walking. She will spring and have ice shield covers unlike Jotaro who had no cover at all
Shields are for *******, real men walk up to their enemies Kenshiro style.

@Weekly Jotaro 100% states he calculated how he was going to avoid.

It should go without saying that unless you calculate a proper angle and a general idea about where you want a shot to go, something like ricocheting a bullet towards a target is outright impossible. And it still should be borderline impossible even if you do - In fact, practically every ricocheting situation in real life is accidental. Usually the bullet will either bury in the target, bounce or skip over the surface, but ricocheting intentionally towards a moving target in advance is every bit as impressive as it sounds. Even moreso when it was from a rock - and not a flat surface.

Predic1
Predic2

Yusuke138 said:
Shield covers against invisible bullets she doesn't even see or know where they are coming from.

Invisible bullets that can also ricochet, effectively circumventing covers even if shot from a normally disadvantageous angle.

That's going to help about as much as me raising a shield in an open battlefield when the sniper can be at my side, at my back, from a lower or higher height than I expect and so on.

Back