• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Never thought a flipping rat would pose a threat to anybody amirite ovo

In all seriousness, I'm surprised by saying this, but Bug-Eaten for reasons above.

Shield covers against invisible bullets she doesn't even see or know where they are coming from.

Invisible bullets that can also ricochet, effectively circumventing covers even if shot from a normally disadvantageous angle.

That's going to help about as much as me raising a shield in an open battlefield when the sniper can be at my side, at my back, from a lower or higher height than I expect and so on.

Bug-Eaten always started out with straigjt snipes. Weiss is goong to shield around her body especially when sue feels her getting hit in multiple directions about ricochet.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate You do know Weiss can just put herself in an ice bubble shield right?
Why would she do that against something she doesn't see? (Talking about the bullets, not a rat itself).

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Shit, this thread's about to blow. 443 replies already, if you count mine.
That's why i really hate Jojo vs RWBY, see Weiss vs Pol and now this.

And because that i made a spite thread involve BE.

@Weekly I do. Doesn't change a single thing I said since as far as I see it, at that point she will already have been shot by invisible dart spam either way then the rat just needs to keep sniping with invisibility and ricocheting to melt through her aura before she gets a proper chance to find and off it as she has nothing to backtrack from.

Also the video says semblance related powers is effectively weaponizing Aura, so using defensive/offensive stuff over and over on top of the darts corroding through her aura reserves whenever they hit will just make it deplete all the faster.

@Reb Why wouldnt she? If she's being hit from multiple angles by an invisible force why wouldnt she protect herself to give her time to formulate a plan on how to deal with it?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Semblances dont drain aura, this has been debated multiple times already
Oh, you mean, like Qrow's? Because it's passive right? Or with Yang, which happened because the director simply forgot that detail?

That's ultimately going against the lore of the own verse of the very video you posted yourself. But sure, if I ignore that point all that it changes is that it takes a little longer for the darts to burn through her reserves while she pointlessly tries to prevent constant damage from spammable ricocheting projectiles. Defenses won't last her forever when she will keep being shot over and over.

If she turtles in more defensive tactics, dart spam melts through and kills her as in this case she's sort of a sitting duck for invisible attacks and ricocheting.

If she launches forward and tries to be more offensive, dart spam kills her even faster as in that case she's full of openings for the rat ridiculous aim skills.

@Reb Or like Weiss who was able to use glyphs after her aura was broken

Or blake who was able to create clones with no aura

@Fate Weiss doesnt need to charge forward, she has mor ethan enough ranged options and nothing is really stopping her from just aoe burning the forest with a wave of fire

@Weekly

Showings of both would be appreciated. And even then, Sun's Aura getting drained by his Semblance and the verse's lore contradict that.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Weiss doesnt need to charge forward, she has mor ethan enough ranged options and nothing is really stopping her from just aoe burning the forest with a wave of fire
If her offensive tactic consists of standing in place and trying to AOE/go for range she's even more of a sitting duck for invisible shooting, tbh.

You just said she wouldn't charge when I said that would leave her with more openings.

Then I said if she doesn't move much or stays in place for ranged she's even more of a sitting duck.

What I'm saying is that based on what was argued, I think either way she gets dart spammed to death before getting a proper chance to kill the rat.

The only thing that changes for me is that it takes a little longer depending on her mindset about this.

@Fate Its in character for her to remain mobile throughout the fight using her glyphs to run through the air and on vertical surfaces and make hairpin turns to redirect herself

She could also just ice the battlefield which is also in character for her and would freeze BE in the process

@Reb There would have been a visual if he broke her aura, there is a consistent visual for when aura goes down

@Xtasy They fight small birds, wolves, bees, and whatever the hell a Creep (RWBY) is supposed to be on a daily basis, why would it be crazy to do so against what she would thing is a rodent grimm?

RebubleUselet said:
@Weekly

Showings of both would be appreciated. And even then, Sun's Aura getting drained by his Semblance and the verse's lore contradict that.
When did Sun's aura get drained by using his semblance? That never happened

WeeklyBattles said:
@Reb There would have been a visual if he broke her aura, there is a consistent visual for when aura goes dow
Which goes against the point you were trying to make with the video above.

Back