• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need to talk about Universal Energy Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool. But I'll still prefer a brand new clean thread so that other staff members that have not participated here can get a better picture to evaluate things.

That's cool. But I'll still prefer a brand new clean thread so that other staff members that have not participated here can get a better picture to evaluate things.
I have sent Hellbeast a message regarding it, to make a brand new thread for UES. Is that fine?

If so, would I Be able to participate

Not staff but this is kind of my idea and I think it’s fair I’d get a chance to talk about it too.

As for the last note I’ll add that up today after work?

Not staff but this is kind of my idea and I think it’s fair I’d get a chance to talk about it too.

See, here's the thing, Beast-boi

You're making the thread. OwO

miles-edgeworth-objection.gif

OK so jokes aside, yeah, you can add the last note and then make the thread in the Staff-Only thread.

Agnaa also eventually conceded to our brand new draft after doing some heavy corrections recommended by him.

I wouldn't phrase it that way. I only really care about the creation scaling point, so I don't care about most of the standards aside from "Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats to scale". I still don't like how (as far as I'm aware) there's other criteria that, if obtained, let verses bypass this requirement. I also don't like some edge-cases of how that's applied. I've stopped talking about these things since it seems like it's not going anywhere.

But I did have some objections to some criteria on other grounds that I no longer have after corrections.

Agnaa also eventually conceded to our brand new draft after doing some heavy corrections recommended by him.

I wouldn't phrase it that way. I only really care about the creation scaling point, so I don't care about most of the standards aside from "Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats to scale". I still don't like how (as far as I'm aware) there's other criteria that, if obtained, let verses bypass this requirement. I also don't like some edge-cases of how that's applied. I've stopped talking about these things since it seems like it's not going anywhere.
Well, to be fair, you now have to qualify for at least 4 mandatory criteria for the Creation Feat to scale (Since we have now added two sections for the qualifying criteria: Mandatory and Supplementary criteria) and I really don't see the issues of how said criteria are applied, but I can see where you're coming from. Oh well.

But I did have some objections to some criteria on other grounds that I no longer have after corrections.
Well, at least some things were clarified.

Well, to be fair, you now have to qualify for at least 4 mandatory criteria for the Creation Feat to scale and I really don't see the issues of how said criteria are applied but I can see where you're coming from. Oh well.

If "Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats" is an unskippable requirement, that sounds fine. If you can skip it by fulfilling 4 other requirements like "Not an outlier", "Important to the story", "The magic system is important to the plot", etc. then it's not fine with me.

Well, to be fair, you now have to qualify for at least 4 mandatory criteria for the Creation Feat to scale and I really don't see the issues of how said criteria are applied but I can see where you're coming from. Oh well.

If "Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats" is an unskippable requirement, that sounds fine. If you can skip it by fulfilling 4 other requirements like "Not an outlier", "Important to the story", "The magic system is important to the plot", etc. then it's not fine with me.
"Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats" is an unskippable requirement yes, and was specifically made for Creation Feats. Here's what it says in the draft:

"Creation feats in particular need to be shown to be equally-or-less-taxing than normal base attacks, one way of proving this is to see with how much effort the Creation Feat was done, another way to see this is to check if they were holding back on their power or focusing their blasts for precision or for damage control in cases of their casual attacks causing damage over a small area."

Anyway, including the Creation Feat criteria, that's a total of four criteria you must qualify to scale (Singular energy source, common energy source, energy source being tightly interwoven with the verse's elements and/or lore, and the obvious creation-feat-must-be-equal-to-or-less-taxing-than-normal-base-attacks stuff). If you're scaling to some other feat that isn't Creation-based (Like energy blasts and stuff), you can skip the "Creation Feat" criteria and just go with the 3 other mandatory criteria (Assuming the criteria is passed of course).

Last edited:
"Destruction feats need to use an equal or greater amount of energy than creation feats" is an unskippable requirement yes, and was specifically made for Creation Feats. Here's what it says in the draft:

"Creation feats in particular need to be shown to be equally-or-less-taxing than normal base attacks, one way of proving this is to see with how much effort the Creation Feat was done, another way to see this is to check if they were holding back on their power or focusing their blasts for precision or for damage control in cases of their casual attacks causing damage over a small area."
Of course, said extra scrutiny was specifically tailor-made for Creation Feats so I'm still not sure if it fits in the UES page or whether we should just add it to the Creation Feats page and then link the UES page beside it. Maybe keep it in both and link the UES page to the Creation Feats page.

Well, as said above, you guys should wait for the staff thread. I think any further discussion should happen where other staff members can also see and understand the whole thing.

Apparently, the staff thread was already made: https://vsbattles.com/threads/universal-energy-systems.126331/, although I believe OP could elaborate a littlelittle more.
Currently late where I am but I’ve edited the page to add a tad more detail. I’d also note I linked back to my opening post here specifically for greater elaboration (since I think think that works fine enough) and the Doc itself to show what the guidelines are, along with a TLDR lower down.

Not sure what else I could add that doesn’t repeat what I’ve said in those places but I hope it’s a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back