• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are using the databook in a wrong way.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
This has been discussed with several members in Discord, including Shadow is one of the most bothered by this.

Currently Kinshiki is scaled as Low 5-B, by a quote in the Databook to be able to split Planets, but we have a rule to prevent such quotes from being used

Franchise-Specific Rules

• The Naruto databook descriptions should only be used on a case-by-case basis, depending on if the sources are consistent with the manga or questionable hyperbole.
Now let's take a look

CImx2l7
We're using this to justify a level, but that's a complete joke

• Kinshiki never showed any ability to do this and no clue
  • We're using a hypertext
We are confusing things, we are considering information as hyperboles and hyperboles as information. Continuing to use the Databook in this way would generate inconsistencies, we are literally discarding information and using hyperbole, and this is not just with Kinshiki

Also, that's a hypetext, Temari has a hypetext that she could destroy the universe.

Further on top of that, this is from a guidebook, not a databook. Even worse, it's a guidebook about the no longer canon Boruto movie.

Well, I wanted to give more examples, I would quote the LFsubject, which fits perfectly here

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Also, that's a hypetext, Temari has a hypetext that she could destroy the universe.
Further on top of that, this is from a guidebook, not a databook. Even worse, it's a guidebook about the no longer canon Boruto movie.
actually it was mistranslation

Kinshiki has more non-5-B feats than actual 5-B feats, if we're actually going to do something about him in this thread then we'd have to discuss all of his feats, the consistency and the majority of his feats actually not being 5-B.

in regards to databooks, we should always look a the content of the paragraphs that supersedes the intentional Hypertext.

Kinshiki should either be Unknown

or scale from Base Sasuke and Naruto, so whatever tier they end up being.

Kinshiki never scales from Naruto, he only interacted with Sasuke twice. However, he interacts with the Kage more than he does Sasuke, a lot more in fact.

Scaling to Sasuke would be an outlier when he's consistently scaling to the Kage.

Edit: Base Sasuke's last rating was in his teenage profile at what appears to be 7-A. Similar to the 7-A Kage that Kinshiki was consistently scaling to. Actually makes sense when I take a second look.

not really

He battles Sasuke Twice in two pivotal scenes that last several pages

while his fight with the Kage is regulated at most to a few panels.

His interactions with Kage span across multiple chapters while he battles Sasuke in two chapters for only a few pages in the first interaction and literally two pages in the second interaction.

Also, my edit above: Base Sasuke's last rating was in his teenage profile at what appears to be 7-A. Similar to the 7-A Kage that Kinshiki was consistently scaling to. Actually makes sense when I take a second look.

Sasuke's fight with Kinshiki spans two chapters, with over dozens of pages and pivotal scenes

Kinshiki's fight with the Kage spans 1 chapter over fewer pages.

Objectively Kinshiki has more screentime with Sasuke than the Kage.

Sasuke was capable clashing on equal grounds with Base Naruto and eventually overwhelmed him.

so yes it's consistent and safe to Say Kinshiki scales to Base Naruto via Sasuke

Kinshiki fights Base Sasuke for 7 pages in Chapter 2 and for about 2 pages worth in Chapter 7.

Kinshiki interacts with Shikamaru for a page in Chapter 5 and with Kurotsuchi and Chojuro for about 13ish page in Chapter 7. He's kept incapacitated by Kurotsuchi and Chojuro for about 15 pages after that though.

Base Sasuke's last rating though was for his teenage key at 7-A and the Kage are already 7-A assuming they're all equal to Gara and Darui.

I agree with Kinshiki at unknown

Also Kep also said before that a couple panels worth of fighting isn't enough to tier someone

There is nothing justifying an Unknown rating.

Base Sasuke's last rating was 7-A.

The Kages are all 7-A.

Kinshiki interacted heavily with the Kage, consistently and for a majority of his feats. He reacted with Sasuke little as compared with the Kage.

All signs point north to 7-A.

I disagree with you about 7-A Kinshiki, IMAD.

Kinshiki is not a 7-A and will never be like that. Everyone will definitely not accept about 7-A Otsutsuki.

The setting him to Unknown is the best.

When Otsutsuki was set to Tier 7, it means hell.

It's IMade. Like "I" and "Made" together.

If Kinshiki isn't 7-A I hope you can provide feats to disprove it then, I don't care what you or friends like or would accept. Let your scans do the talking.

So far Unknown has no basis.

Clashes evenly with Sasuke and Sends Him flyings back

Avoid's getting Hit By Sasuke and once again clashing with him on even grounds

Continues to fight Sasuke on equal terms

Over Powers Adult Sasuke with his Fist

Gets Hit by a Chidori from Sasuke The Same Chidori that Hurts Six Paths Naruto

Base Sasuke Clashes with Base Naruto who was calced at having Low 6-B Durability

So if you noticed I purposely omitted the Kage feats and Shikamaru, you know why?

They fall under both Outlier and Inconsistency

and one characters outlier does not make another's "Anti-Feat"

Also having more feats in a specific tier does not Invalidate the feats from another tier.

Agree with unknown btw. Lol also the fact that Sasuke should already scale to 5B in Base based on the way that chakra and taijutsu and chakra control work in the verse but u know whe downplay the verse

I noticed you cherry picked scans to create a false narrative.

The definition of an outlier:

An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power.

What you're doing here is saying that all of the interactions of the Kage with Kinshiki are inconsistent and not normal.

If you notice, outliers are singular events or incidents, the wording is not plural. An outlier is an object from a set that is not similar to the set. In case you forgot, these were actually consistent for Kurotsuchi and Chojuro who consistently were interacting with Kinshiki.

You're wrong here already, so let's move to inconsistency's definition:

In fiction, an inconsistency is when a character has an occurrence usually regarding power that differs from the norm. An inconsistency can work both ways, being either a low showing or a high showing.

Okay, as I explained above, this is not an inconsistency for the Kage, these are literally their first feats as of Boruto era. By definition they are not inconsistent, so we must discuss this in terms of Kinshiki.

So how do we determine if they are inconsistent for Kinshiki? Well obviously we see which feats and rating are most consistent:

Well would you look at that? He is consistently interacting and scaling to the Kage. Also, Base Adult Naruto has an Unknown durability rating.

And once again, Base Sasuke's last rating was 7-A. With the consistent scaling to the 7-A Kage and Base Sasuke's 7-A scaling, there is no reason for Kinshiki to not be 7-A in rating.

No. I can agree with this cause I also felt a problem with Kinshikis scaling but no way in hell is he 7A. We are not going through this again

^^^^

Are u just here to say that and be his little side pet or u going to actually be serious here that actually everyone else is including IMade? cause if u wanna joke u can take it somewhere else

@Imade " I noticed you cherry picked scans to create a false narrative."

Says the person that openly ignored three to four scenes to change the context.

• Shikamaru has never demonstrated Mountain level+ Shadow Paralysys and has constantly been shown to be weaker than Most Jonin characters let alone Kage level, thus it is an outlier for him, meaning the feat gets disregarded.

• Chojuro Was almost handily defeated by a group of Chunin's, there's no reason to assume that he suddenly got stronger over a few months for no reason

• And once again, Base Sasuke's last rating was 7-A, that was EMS Sasuke, not Rinnegan Sasuke who has Objectively superior feats and scales from base Naruto who has superior feats, we don't use the wiki when you are arguing for a change in a profile because it leads to circular reasoning.
  • Kinishiki is then incapacitated physically by Kurotsuchi's Jutsu with Kinishiki physically strained and in pain. Kurotsuchi's Ninjutsu > Kinshiki's AP, Yeah right after Sasuke hits him with a full powered Chidori, the same that hurts Six paths naruto

• Kage were also able to Keep up with them, but that's an Outlier, why? because they are Relativistic in Speed meaning it gets disregarded unless you want advocate that the Kage are Relativistic?
My Point stands

Clashes evenly with Sasuke and Sends Him flyings back

Avoid's getting Hit By Sasuke and once again clashing with him on even grounds

Continues to fight Sasuke on equal terms

Over Powers Adult Sasuke with his Fist

Gets Hit by a Chidori from Sasuke The Same Chidori that Hurts Six Paths Naruto

Base Sasuke Clashes with Base Naruto who was calced at having Low 6-B Durability

So if you noticed I purposely omitted the Kage feats and Shikamaru, you know why?

They fall under both Outlier and Inconsistency

and one characters outlier does not make another's "Anti-Feat"

If we're to say "outliers are singular events or incidents" then we may as well downgrade Kaguya to 7-A and MHS+ as well, considering the fact that

1. Kakashi was able to physically outpace Kaguya's Ash Bones while moving in a high grav environment

2. Obito was able to do the same, as well as use Kamui while heavily drained to prevent Kakashi's death

3. Sakura was able to intercept Kaguya in free fall while not being in her blind spot

4. Sakura was able to break her horn and bend her over (which is more or less the same case as the laughable argument of Kurotsutchi punching Kinshiki and thus her striking strength > Kinshiki's dura)

5. In the novel, Shikamaru was also able to restrain Naruto for a while. Hell, Momoshiki restrained every Kage + N&S with the Shadow. 7-A God Tiers eh?

And many more, infact let's extend this to some other verses as well, we could have some Almighty beings go down to MHS+ going this way

Then plz actually come in here with an agreement why instead of saying what you've said

Anyways if we have a Base Naruto from Last be Low 6B and Naruto/Sasuke are comparable AND Kinshiki clashes with Sasuke evenly then whet is this consistent 7A from Kages coming from???

Shouldn't kinshiki scale to kaguya as he is part of the group of higher ups she was afraid of

He likely should but that would mean Naruto and Sasuke are hilariously superior to their Teen selves which isn't accepted on the wiki, so unknown is fine

here we go againe with 7-A nonsense look what u did bro(mx3)

sasuke is low-5-B via calc don't even to start your bs again or i will report u for trolling imade

Back