• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

Depends if Phoenks responds. I'd put them as equal for the moment. As far as which category to put them in, I've no idea for Garou, but Yujiro just straight up knows every martial art on the planet, which would include weapons, so just slap him in basically all of them.
Multi-Faceted Arts exists for a reason. He'd go in there.

Anyway, I made a skill list for "Gabimaru The Hollow" below. It's not done yet, I'll probably add more as I keep rereading.

Stir shit up
Idk about that....wait ikki not in the list?
kumagawa-misogi.gif

Make some Ikki matches. Do it rn. I dare you.
You do it, no balls.

Ikki can absolutly make it to the list. Earl was just a lazy dickwaffle the last time he tried. Say what you want about Earl, and many people do not know this, but he was the guy that popularized feats over experience/scaling, he was in fact one of the first ones to give skill its form we use today. Granted he did it to annoy literally everyone on the wiki with his Ikkisucking, but still.
Blush.

Gotta love the side jabs tho.
4x.webp

I'm not gonna make a whole ass list for Ikki. I haven't read his shit in years so I'm not going to go back through it and gather feats for this thread.
Do you NEED to make a list tho? Does everybody just forget the list i've already made and put on the profiles? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firephoenixearl/Ikki_Kurogane_feat_list
Sure it's not complete but that's a pretty good start if yo want to argue for ikki.

Also i ain't gonna lie that Kouki guy in 3rd spot looking mad fun. Lemme make some arguments real quick, since im mad bored.

Ok let's take Kouki's argument 1 by 1 here:

1) Has trained in the Yaegashi school of martial arts ever since he was a child, and he was skilled enough to compete in national tournaments. By this point Kouki was trash so he didn't really reached the level of a true disciple of the Yaegashi style, but still is important to mention why the Yaegashi style is so impressive, which is explained in this post I made in the past, I don't copy all important parts because they are too long and the tablet don't let me copy too much text

This is fighting other people and as i've said there's a lot of things that go into a fight so it's not as easy and black and white to discuss. So this is just saying he was a good fighter as a kid which well doesn't really hold much value cus we're already judging him at peak, but ikki was solo-ing sword schools as a kid. So idk, just leave this point out. Doesn't say much for either side.

2) Upon being summoned to Tortus, he was trained by the best martial artist there in sword arts and is among the top fighters in the world. This is important because it mean that by this point he was at the very least comparable to people like Meld or Gahard.

Here come the skill comparisons. I've said this before, idk if people have forgot by now, but when you're arguing about another character being similar in skill or even worse you can't take direct feats from them. To explain what i mean. If im crazy good at karate and boxing, im technically more skilled than X who's mid level with a sword, but it doesn't mean that i could perform the things X does with a sword. Basically when you're doing equivalences you either take the feats from the actual character or from the character you're trying to scale above, not both. Same reason we only took Ikki's feats when arguing Edelweiss as the most skilled character. So gotta make a choice here.

3) Later after he resolved his internal conflict and made his resolve, by pure will learned the War Demon skill to continue to fight even when his body is broken, also mastered the Yaegashi Style (so everything from the Yaegashi post apply to him now) and became a sword saint reaching one of the summits of swordsmanship while unconscious, important to note is how this summit made his sword literally imperceptible to top tiers with too ******* long scaling chains of senses scaling (stealth that turn someone invisible is considerate basic stealth and as such higher of stealth need to surpass the previous levels of invisibility and such) and his emotions can’t be sensed even by Koone despite her good senses which can read the thoughts and feelings of others,

Now the first one i am not sure how that's skill rather than endurance. Like ikki could keep peak performance even after weeks of fighting while being poisoned and drugged, but that ain't exactly skill per se, but that that as you will.

Unconscious fighting, ikki has done that. Even performed some of his hardest techniques AND copied techniques way beyond his league while unconscious so blow for blow there.

The imperceptible part is worded a bit weirdly but from what im seeing it's just Trackless Step but for just the sword, cus like even the explanation for the weakness of the technique is the similar. Ikki does that for his entire body AND counters it.

even Mother is unable to react to him when using his skill as sword saint despite of be able to predicted his future moves based on his gaze, muscle movement, and the faintest signal of his nerves. Something worth to note is that he turned in a sword saint in a three days long fight where he was using almost all his magic power to defend an entire city while physically fighting thousands of enemies, in a world where his recory was slower and without his standar equipment (so no armor, flying boost, etc), he only had his sword.

Ikki's moves have fooled actual mind and electrical signal reading and he has prediction way above what you mentioned for mother, like completely outclassing that shit.

>4) Perceived countless bullet that were flying his way, which he softly grazed the bullets with the flat side of his holy sword and changed only their trajectory. He splendidly diverted the trajectories of all the slug bullets to avoid the people he was protecting behind him and gouged another spots while also changing the bullets trajectory to hit his enemies that were surrounding him, he also reflected back dozens of lasers (which in principle fulfill the laser dodging requirement) while doing that and this was in a severely weakened state where he initially was having even troubles with railguns speed.

Ikki literally did the same feat except he did that with his back turned, using just his hearing (hearing the gunshots and calculating the position of each bullet, their speed, their angle) without even particularly paying attention to the bullets themselves (he was thinking about how he was gonna introduce himself to his father in law). None of that "sinking to the bottom of the lake stuff" it was as casual as casual gets. And if this was more about the parrying stuff. Ikki was once fighting 3 homing bullets, he deduced the weakness of the bullets, calculated the exact energy each bullet had (kinetic energy) and then parried them using the same exact force to make them stop moving. So yeah i'd say Ikki severely outclasses here. But regardless the parrying from Kouki's side isn't that impressive cus as he said the bullets were fairly slow in comparison.

5) Developed a fighting style that changes every instant, this because his sword literally shapeshift every instant, like a instant can be a western sword, then the later a katana, the a urumi, then a storn sword, etc.

Unquantifiable, similar to ikki developing decades every instant. Like yeah it's there but can't make much out of it.

6) Fought against Mother with her crazy analytical skill and calculation ability that even let her reconstruct from the scrap of a explosion a machine able to teleport to other worlds in minutes at most, with her intelligence she also defeated a futuristic humanity (which even colonise other planets) and got all the knowledge from said humanity, which mean that she know all the forms of combats possible to humans and as such her movements have the essence of martial arts to a master level. Futhermore she had gathered and analyzed an entire day of recordings of Kouki fighting her futuristic machine soldiers, he was also already exhausted when the fight begun because he needed to fight her soldiers and do to the conditions of the world his recovery rate was super slow, his stats where far lower than normal and he was basically unable to use magic (so all the time in this world he could just fight with his sword), also this was a bit after the previous fight in which he become a sword saint so he was still mentally fatigued and didn't had his equipment.

Now in calculation skills i won't even go into that cus Shizuku outclasses her so badly it's not even worth bringing up and Ikki is above shizuku. On the master level stuff we run into 2 issues. 1 which i mentioned before being it's a fight there's a lot that goes into a fight so it's better to take specific feats from the fight rather than the fight itself (example i always say Ikki did X Y and Z to beat Stella, i don't say "Ikki beat a literal walking nuke that he had close to no means of even harming her due to the difference in stats"). So yeah if he did anything cool specifically bring that up otherwise can't compare it as well.
And 2. You're sorta scaling him off of her and her off of master stuff which is weird scaling that i've mention why it's not exactly correct to bring up. Stick to feats and only choose 1 character to argue for don't scale off of everyone cus i've explained why the scaling logic fails.

7) Fought against a army of one hundred of thousand of machine soldiers of Mother few hours after his fight against Mother herself, which mean that he was still exhausted, and while he was unable to defeat them in those conditions with just his sword he killed a considerable number of the army and fought long, and the instant that he become able to actually use magic he defeated the entire rest of the army by himself. Hours after this fight he fought against a army of several thousands to probably several millions of monsters with unique powers, though by this point he was capable of use normally magic and had his standar equipment so I'm not really gonna focus in that.

That's endurance not skill. And fighting armies is again a fight not a direct skill feat, he could be stat stomping those mfs for all we know, or they could be actual garbage at fighting, or etc etc etc. Can't say it was skill cus it's a fight, it takes a lot of factors into account.

Now let's wait

Back