• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning!!!! Your accounts are being taken over by hackers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search "User:"

Input the name of the staff member you want to find.

Alternatively, there is the VS Battles staff page, which you can very easily find by typing "VS Battles Staff" in the search bar. There you will have listed all the current staff members as well as all the retired ones. Go through the accounts until you find one that has their Discord profile linked.

I do not comprehend how this is so difficult.
I tried that in the past and it didn't work lol

I believe Reaper is saying that to "a less experienced user" navigating or even finding another users profile can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing or looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe Reaper is saying that to "a less experienced user" navigating or even finding another users profile can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing or looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Me thinks tis not difficult to find the staff page. Again, if you're looking for staff, VS Battles Staff should logically be one of your first searches. Failing that, one of the funny colored names that pop up in the activity bar on the side should be sufficient, yah?

Anyway, I finally finished sending out an information email to our around 12,350 forum members over the years, after the software kept processing the information for around 5 hours. I really hope that it worked properly, as I also had to take a 5 hour break in my regular work schedule due to this.

Anyway, I finally finished sending out an information email to our around 12,350 forum members over the years, after the software kept processing the information for around 5 hours. I really hope that it worked properly, as I also had to take a 5 hour break in my regular work schedule due to this.
All we can do is hope for the best and keep an eye out.

No kill like overkill.

How do we contact admins to unban once we get our accounts back?
You contact one of our higher-ranked staff members via Discord, who can then contact me or AKM sama in turn via private messages here in this forum to coordinate. We can either unban your account after first sending you a password reset email message that makes it impossible to log in with that account until the password has been changed, or possibly change the email address for it if that has been compromised as well.

If you do not know how to contact them via Discord, you can leave a message on their Fandom wiki message walls to learn how to do contact them there.
I would appreciate if somebody informs @Kazuma_kuwabara @Shine @ABoogieYesSir @CloudStrife00T @EmperorRorepme and @Heavens_Feel about this.

No kill like overkill.
Well, there was no option for only sending out warning emails to members who have been logged in for the past 2 years or somesuch.

Did you all properly receive your emails in some inbox folder? I really hope so. There was one sudden timeout that resulted in me having to reload the processing page, but the email sending counter continued where it left off afterwards and finished where it should.

Last edited:
If his account still contains his registered email address, I can send him an password reset email message if he wishes. It should prevent the scammers from accessing his account anymore.

Does it start with "ja" and end with "99"?

Anyway, can some of you check if you received warning email messages as you should in one of your inboxes or spam folders? Otherwise, the glitch around message 3.500 (of roughly 12,350) might force me to perform this entire process all over again.

Okay. I will unblock his account and send him a password reset message then.

Should I do the same for Heavens_Feel, @LordGinSama ?
I haven't heard anything back as of yet, also yeah he did in fact click on the link by accident.

Like it might be my background in cyber security, or maybe it's a common sense thing but clicking on a random link that you've never heard of before is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long ass time.

Thanks for notifying me via email about what happened! I practically don't even comment here on the forum, but I'm grateful. I hope everything stabilizes. 👍

I haven't heard anything back as of yet, also yeah he did in fact click on the link by accident.

Like it might be my background in cyber security, or maybe it's a common sense thing but clicking on a random link that you've never heard of before is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long ass time.
Hmm. In his case it seems like a good idea to use some extremely good antivirus protection tools to search through his computer before he is let back then.

@LordGinSama

Can you tell Heavens_Feel to pay for Bitdefender and Malwarebytes via an uninfected computer, and then install them and V3 Mobile Security in the potentially infected one for a scan, or potentially reboot it and do other more extreme measures if you think that is necessary, given your background in cyber security?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back