• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning! Do not access Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something, because neither of the links above explain how the leak will get a virus if you 'access' the game.

In neither of those links virus stuff is actually mentioned, however.

It sounds like you're making speculation on that regard.

Guys, it's not just limited to TF2 and CS:GO, by the way. Experts confirmed that almost all other online Source games, like Garry's Mod, are at risk as well.

Yeah I've seen this shit. I was playing 2Fort today, I was lucky I didn't get caught by this...

If you guys see a pop-up talking about some garbage, immediately shut down the game, uninstall it, go offline on Steam, shut down the ******* router, every. thing. The consequences are viruses and hacking Steam account. You will lose all your items.

Yeah, with access to the source code, people can force a lot of things to happen in-game. Not certain if they can make your computer download things, but even if not, the game itself could be made to crash your computer if opened.

SpookyShadow said:
Yeah I've seen this shit. I was playing 2Fort today, I was lucky I didn't get caught by this...

If you guys see a pop-up talking about some garbage, immediately shut down the game, uninstall it, go offline on Steam, shut down the ******* router, every. thing. The consequences are viruses and hacking Steam account. You will lose all your items.
Ive heard this too but cant verify.

I almost got caught because at first I wanted to connect to a community trading server in TF2, but I've switched it to 2Fort because I wanted to make some contracts.

Apparently many users already have fallen for it and now have really big problem. The leaker will most likely go to the jail, but a lot of accounts can go to ******* dirt if they are caught. And of course as we know, Valve is Valve, so I guess not much can be done until they decide to finally move their ass and start working on the game.

I played it online this morning and then i was playing it offline just a few minutes ago. Fortunately Avast didn't noticed anything bad with my PC

I'm obsessed with FF7 Remake, Animal Crossing and Halo Reach rn but I did want to play TF2 sometime this week. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back