• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning! Do not access Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aSchnee One said:
People still play BF5?
after the war in the pacific dlc it gained a bit of players, but i suggest people play BF1 or BF4 those are one of the best fps at the moment and BF1 is around 6$ right now without the dlcs and BF4 Is around the same price

Livinmeme said:
great first the lag bot then the death of rick may and then a virus that affects TF2 along with most online steam games
Don't forget that time they almost killed the economy with an glitch

Valve's official statement on the matter is that this is 2+ year old code, from which there's no reason to avoid playing the game. (For CS:GO at least).

From talking to friends involved with the matter on the leak-related side, there's no RCE exploit yet; just infinite heavy HP and the ability to display text on other people's screens. It's annoying, but you won't get a virus. There is the possibility of RCE being found in the future (obviously) but no-one's found it or has reason to believe that it'll be found soon.

Agnaa said:
Valve's official statement on the matter is that this is 2+ year old code, from which there's no reason to avoid playing the game. (For CS:GO at least).
From talking to friends involved with the matter on the leak-related side, there's no RCE exploit yet; just infinite heavy HP and the ability to display text on other people's screens. It's annoying, but you won't get a virus. There is the possibility of RCE being found in the future (obviously) but no-one's found it or has reason to believe that it'll be found soon.
RCE?

and a virus isn't what people are worried about it's their accounts

RCE = Remote Code Execution. The ability to actually run programs on other people's computers.

I see no reason to believe that your account will get stolen from this, if all they can do is display spooky text on your screen.

Just want to say, even though I'm not part of this wiki myself, the warning is appreciated. Haven't booted up any Valve games in months, but I'm glad news of this is starting to spread. I could have easily found myself wanting to play a quick round of TF2, only to get my info and the like stolen if it weren't for this. Thanks for looking out.

Sorry but Valve are one of the biggest ball-suckers, they do not care about many of their games right now. It's better to stay safe and wait

Agnaa said:
RCE = Remote Code Execution. The ability to actually run programs on other people's computers.
I see no reason to believe that your account will get stolen from this, if all they can do is display spooky text on your screen.
Is it only RCE? I thought someone did more damage than that?

Mr.Arecizoz said:
We shouldn't risk it
I mean we also shouldn't hide from non-existent threats like it's the end of TF2

We could scare valuable players from playing this game ever again, and that's the last thing this game needs

I mean you have a point but until Valve does more investigation on this leak it's better to don't play Source engine games

Is it only RCE? I thought someone did more damage than that?

Well, it's kinda hard to do more damage than RCE. But anyway, I haven't heard of even RCE being a thing from my contacts. And all I've see is people plopping messages on other people's screens.

@Mr.Arecizoz Like I said, Valve has already investigated it and doesn't think people should avoid current builds.

Agnaa said:
Is it only RCE? I thought someone did more damage than that? Well, it's kinda hard to do more damage than RCE. But anyway, I haven't heard of even RCE being a thing from my contacts. And all I've see is people plopping messages on other people's screens.
@Mr.Arecizoz Like I said, Valve has already investigated it and doesn't think people should avoid current builds.
I'm glad were fine, but the player numbers will still drop. I'm not sure if we can recover fully

Were not top 10 anymore bois :'(

Riding on this, there's also an article just a while back, shared by the Divine Pride database's head honcho, that Ragnarok Online was also apparently hacked by some chinese dudes. For what reason, they don't know.

funny thing is, that Riot's Valorant came out recently, and suddenly it is not safe to play CS;GO and TF2

i know this is probably coincidence,but still

Why do these trolls keep attacking TF2? You can't kill a concept by attacking it. That's basic common sense. The only way to kill a concept completely is for everyone to forget about it.

The Smashor said:
Why do these trolls keep attacking TF2? You can't kill a concept by attacking it. That's basic common sense. The only way to kill a concept completely is for everyone to forget about it.
>implying TF2 isn't a platonic concept.

Was running around in Dust 2 yesterday headshotting anything I see with the XM1014, getting 15+ kills a game. Can I still do that today or nope?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Was running around in Dust 2 yesterday headshotting anything I see with the XM1014, getting 15+ kills a game. Can I still do that today or nope?
Yes. CSGO official Twitter account said that it is fine to play now

This too https://twitter.com/TeamFortress/status/1253186404550504448

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back