• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, been thinking on this, but shouldn't Slaanesh have all the abilities of the Eldar Gods that it managed to devour? For instance, the description of Slaanesh absorbing Morai-Heg and the Wheel of Destiny implies these things have become a part of Slaanesh. This means Slaanesh would have all the powers of Asuryan, Morai-Heg, Kurnous, Vaul, Gea, Lileath, and Hoec (if he counts). This would fit with things like Khorne stepping in specifically because he refused to allow Slaanesh to absorb an aspect of war, which he viewed as rightfully his.

On a similar note, should Ynnead have something along the lines of "Immunity to fate/probability manipulation" against beings on its level? Because Ynnead seems to represent the inevitability of the end (for mortals, gods, and concepts alike), and unlike Morai-Heg and Slaanesh, both of whom controlled but were still bound to the Wheel of Destiny, Ynnead does not seem to be bound to it in any way. He almost seems to be the final "destiny" it pointed to, in the first place.

@Azathoth

I think that we should add the powers of all Eldar Gods to Slaanesh, yes. And I don't think Slaanesh is bound to the Wheel of Destiny, since they ate it.

Light Manipulation & Fire Manipulation (From Asuryan)

Nature Manipulation / Plant Manipulation (From Kurnous)

Clarvoyance & Empathic Manipulation (From Lileath)

Fate Manipulation (From Morai-Heg)

Powers similar to the Banshees', maybe? (Also from Morai-Heg)

Creation (From Vaul)

The problem is that most of Eldar Gods' powers are things Slaanesh would have anyway.

Most of it, yeah. Though it's still good to have on the profile. The big thing would probably be the Fate Manipulation and Immunity to Fate/Probability Manipulation on the level of conceptual entities on Slaanesh's plane of existence, since that seems to be what allowed Slaanesh to so easily destroy beings such as Asuryan. So the added abilities for Slaanesh would be "Light Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Nature/Plant Manipulation, Clarvoyance, Creation, Fate/Probability Manipulation, Immunity to Fate/Probability Manipulation", correct?

Also oh my god

My theory is that the Eldar Gods were weakened when the Eldar race turned to madness and dacadence. I mean, while on the height of their civilization the Eldar were wise psykers who understood the cosmos and venerated their deities, but at their fall they had all but forgotten the old ways.

Because literally everything in Eldar Mythology makes it obvious that Asuryan >>>>>>>> Everyone else (Except Morai-Heg, I suppose). I mean, he easily stopped Khaine, erected a barrier not even Khaine could break, his true face was stated to be so magnificent no one could bear look at it, and ALL the Eldar Pantheon feared and respected him (He was the "Lord of Lords", after all).

I believe that the only gods not to be affected by the fall of the Eldar were Cegorach and Khaine, because they are gods of madness and violence respectively.

@Matt

That is a very good theory, as 40k has always had those massive themes of belief and faith being converted to power. Neither Cegorach nor Khaine required sustenance from what the Eldar now lacked, whereas the others did.

Anyway, should I add said abilities?

It's the only way I can reconcile Asuryan going from basically the strongest being in the universe to a "fodder".

There's also the theory that Asuryan knew he could not avert the fate of the Eldar pantheon, as it would always happen, no matter how much stronger he was compared to the newborn Slaanesh. This is why he bound a large portion of his power to the mortal Eldar race, as not only would it help them in life, but it would also be joined with Ynnead, who is essentially the end of/transcends the Eldar Mythic Cycle, upon its creation and allow it such power that it could completely and utterly destroy Slaanesh.

According to the End Times, Fantasy Asuryan is an "Elf" survivor from a past, now-dead universe, and that a new Elf always inherits the Asuryan mantle during the end of the cosmos.

... That has to be the most bullshit thing GW ever thought up.

It brought plenty of badass artwork of so many characters and things, indeed.

Hell, just look at the flame of Asuryan:

AsuryanEndtimes

Nevermind that The Lady of the Lake and Lileath are the same character, so she actually has a ton of pics.

Seriously, though, I have to give credit to GW for the artwork in The End Times. It really conveys the epic feel of the storyline.

This is my personal favorite, from the end of the fifth book: Tyrion and Alarielle holding hands as both themselves and the world are consumed by chaos.

BestShip

Also, been thinking about this, but should all the things currently rated as having Low-Godly regen actually have Mid-Godly regen? I say this because I've been noticing there seem to be an immense amount of statements about daemons and other such Warp-related things being removed from existence and coming back/regenerating from it. As a random example of the many, there's a robe that can be used by high-ranking Tzeentch daemons that makes them virtually impossible to harm by splitting them across multiple planes of reality simultaneously. However, if something does somehow manage to harm them, the robe has the nasty side effect of possibly making the daemon spontaneously cease existing...which it can later regenerate from, just as if it had been slain by normal means.

Then you have other things such as the Chaos Gods being able to cause things to exist and not exist on a conceptual level in the heart of the Eye of Terror, where their power isn't even as strong as it is in the actual Warp.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Matt
Beautiful.

@Omega

Yeah but we have all the cool ones though -KILLED-
Not arguing here, Vulkan's my favorite Primarch, the Salamanders are my favorite chapter/legion. But for completionism's sake...

By the way, here's a canon picture of how the Machine God / Omnissiah is depicted in-universe by the Cult Mechanicus:

DeusMachinus

From the weakness of the mind, Omnissiah save us,

From the lies of the Antipath, circuit preserve us,

From the rage of the Beast, iron protect us,

From the temptations of the Fleshlord, silica cleanse us,

From the ravages of the Destroyer, anima shield us,

From this rotting cage of biomatter,

Machine God set us free.

@Matt

Praise.

So what about the regen thing? Should edits be made? I also realized it should probably be added to the Chaos God pages too, since they for some reason lack regen listed under their powers.

@Omega

But who should be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back