• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS HGW Registering Part 2

Define a short period of time then. IP's effect still affect all of Rome soldiers in Septem singularity from the beginning all the way to the end of it, in the interlude where the party and Romulus stalk Nero because Romulus was worried about her have him granting a super Presence Concealment to himself and the whole party and it last for several days and even implied that it won't go off unless Romulus himself undid it, and his sealed Divinity doesn't go back even after a long time, if its only a temporary than whatever he used back then would eventually came undone and his sealed Divinity would come back again, this is not the case.

Time and time again Romulus has shown that his version of IP is the least restricted and the most "lolfucktherules" from all of currently existing IP and it does kinda makes sense when you consider the logic behind his IP. And my Servant character sheet share at least 1 detail with Romulus' IP in that both he and i don't have the limitation of Nero, Ozy, or Caligulla

Man, you can summon a giant forest of branches to attack your foes that puts the Nameless Ruler's forest of impalement to shame. You can one-shot anything, including abstract concepts. You can suck anyone who doesn't have a good luck stat into a gate of insta-death

I'm just trying to keep some game balance here. Please deal with it

Uhh fine. I'll get rid of the time limt. I suppose he could just reapply them each day anyway.

The other parts are still in effect and will remain so.

Fortress of Impalement isn't the same thing as Magna Voluisse Magnum. Yggdrasil has bigger firepower yes, but Kaziklu Bey can be used to ignore durability by spawning stakes from the inside of someone's body. And what i'm trying to do here is sticking to the canon as much as possible. You can balance it however you like but when you change it to the point its very different from the canon then there's clearly something wrong.

You can keep the limitation but make it in line with canon as much as it possibly can. I already agree on the point that i can't pick unique skill like Karna's Discernment of Poor or Vlad's Demonic Defender of the State or something along those line. But unique skill that come from birth (need a specific Corpus that came along when you were born) can still be acquired because that's what EX ranked IP does.

And the time limit is already explained above. You can maybe tweak it so that i can keep 2 skills indefinitely but i can only choose 2 per day so i can't freely switch skill. Or maybe raise the skills slot to 3 but there's a time limit to it and just like earlier, i can't freely switch it because i can only pick skills once per day. Because as it is currently, this "IP" game mechanic simply goes against the canon way too far

Hmm, looks like people said that i'm the weakest one here, huh? May i ask but how many of you can survive an Excaliblast? If my Excaliblast can't kill anyone in this war, guess i'll have to think about Monarch and Ramesses's deal.

Artoria King of Knights said:
Hmm, looks like people said that i'm the weakest one here, huh? May i ask but how many of you can survive an Excaliblast? If my Excaliblast can't kill anyone in this war, guess i'll have to think about Monarch and Ramesses's deal.
Your full power Excalibur can kill anyone here besides a certain god, but most of us have comparable firepower and much better hax.

@Artoria, take Excalibur Proto

@Ramesses, no gods here, not right now

@Alexcar, if you choose before the game's timeline advances too far, you can still join, but you should preferably choose quickly.

I think everything else is ready, so I'll start the war

I knew already. But that question is what i should say when i first appear. If i don't, i'll break the meta real hard.

@Ramesses: Hmm, not know too well about nasuverse except for FSN, FZ, FGO (anime). I thought Excalibur was supposed to be the strongest NP in fire power and only Shielder can block it? Mind telling me about how broken everyone is?

OwariNepgear said:
OMG a true Arturia is coming to this...
So basically, we have:

+ Maiden of Orleans, Saint of Hundred-days War, Savior of France.

+ The almighty god's descendant from mythology he who powerful enough to fight at 3 classes at a same time.

+ Humanity's oldest hero, he who collected every treasure in the world with the eyes that can see death.

+ The unseen deadly fist that strike from the mist, the murderous hairs that can expand several kilometers while remain invisible.

+ The King of England, the King of Round Table, the King who all knights have to bow their head in front of her golden sword of hope.

+ The Dragon Slayer who bathed in blood of the cursed dragon Fafnir. But he lost his mind and become a manifestation of a vengeful spirit while bearing the corrupted sword of the unfading light of the lake.

+ The King of Thaumaturgy who rule over 72 demon gods with a box of absolute death and a spear of violet flower.

+ The man who touched Boundary himself he who only exists in rumours. They said, wherever he go, death will stay with him and his ridiculously and needlessly large spear-like weapon.

So many kings, so many gods, so many famous heroes from all over the world.
A new one, huh. Welcome, King of Knights. You can read my description above to realize how broken they are. No need to thank me.

Very broken

We have insta-death attacks that can kill concepts, AoE insta-death, GoB, an adapting weapon, the ability to summon 50 more generic Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms, the ability to one-shot about everyone with divinity in the game, the ability to burn to death anyone with divinity, the ability to gain immeasurable speed, and the ability to null luck and godly blessings.

And that is just the Noble Phantasms, never mind the skills

Artoria King of Knights said:

ahem

Also, I've put in my first PoV on season 1. Just wait for the others to do theirs, they are probably all reading through their servant profiles.

Let's see a few examples

Lancer can insta kill people in meter range that fails a luck check, gain any personal skill and can kill concepts.

Archer has 50 noble phantasms that can be used as anything ranging from Anti-Unti to Anti-Frotress. He also has a instant kill attack on anything that fails a check.

I think Artoria is now aware of how broken everyone except me, (debatably) old Saver, and her are :(

Meh. I'll shamelessly take comfort in the fact that my other character wipes the floor with the lot of you.

Some piece of advice. Keep vanilla Excalibur. Picking Excalibur Proto will only make your condition a little bit worse since you won't unlock all the seals and thus you won't be able to use it at full power (and arguably not even half of its maximum potential)

A different piece of advice. Keep Proto. Without even needing to invoke its true name, and with even a single restrain unlocked, which it always will be against a servant due to them not being an elemental, it is still stronger than A+ anti-army. With 4 unlocked (which wouldn't be hard to achieve), its roughly 50 times stronger than normal excalibur. With at least 7 unlocked and its true name allowed to be invoked, it can defeat beings capable of destroying the world

Monarch Laciel said:
A different piece of advice. Keep Proto. Without even needing to invoke its true name, and with even a single restrain unlocked, which it always will be against a servant due to them not being an elemental, it is still stronger than A+ anti-army. With 4 unlocked (which wouldn't be hard to achieve), its roughly 50 times stronger than normal excalibur. With at least 7 unlocked and its true name allowed to be invoked, it can defeat beings capable of destroying the world
This is false. Go read Fragment again. Excalibur Proto isn't as strong as vanilla Excalibur with just 1 seal lifted and its nowhere as strong as 50 normal Excalibur with just 4 seals lifted. And the one with Anti-Planetary Threat is the one with all 13 seals lifted

Apparently Kami did a calc that found it at that level. Ramesses can you link that? Edit, found it. For AP, only calcs 1 and 4 are applied according to Kami. And I'm assuming calc 4 is the correct one for this game.

It looks cooler, its more awesome and satisfying to unlock seals to obtain its true power and 1 seal it is still A+ spamable, with 4 - 6 it is at least island level, and with 7 seals it's likely planet level. Its overall better.

Effectivity simply trumps over aesthetic. At 1 seal lifted its just stronger than Paracelsus' Azoth which is just slightly stronger than Medea's light beam. Its function only became Anti-Planetary if all 13 seals are lifted. Half of the seals lifted only mean its normal/regular full power beam is unlocked. And the circumstances will only make it harder to lift some seal. The seals that can effectively be lifted are "not against an elemntal" and maybe "The opponent must be stronger". The rest are harder to achieve, "One vs One" is as easy to achieve as it is easy to got nulled, "Must save the world" will most likely not be achieved because HGW was never meant to be that massive in scale to begin with, "mustn't be for personal gain" will only be achieved if Saber can properly justify his/her action and role within this HGW, "Against evil" is also hard to achieve because there's no inherently evil Servants present (unless someone explicitly claim that), "must be an honorable battle" is too subjective, and most of the time it won't be achieved against several Servant

Its only stronger than vanilla Excalibur within a specific condition while vanilla Excalibur is just regularly more stronger and effective. And considering some circumstances in the HGW itself, Saber's better off with vanilla Excalibur rather than Proto Calibur

"Must be more powerful than one's self" - like say... people with 50 anti-fortress NPs and the hand of the destruction god, people with concept killing one shots with the spear that founded rome that can drag people to death-world, people with other concept killing one-shots and every non-divine NP to be conceptualised by humanity, people who bathe in the blood of dragons and can kill them just as easily? Also, to make it easier, I'll say that rather than they "must be stronger", they "must not be weaker", which also fits better with the chivalry code.

"One v one" is easy to achieve against most servants here seeing as none have summons.

"Must not be for personal gain" - Saber can fight for her master rather than herself. Also, this is specifically "gain" - something like fighting to keep what you already have still allows this seal to be unlocked.

"Against evil" can be against any servant who commits evil acts. We don't need to specify everyone's alignment on the saint graph or something.

"Must be an honourable battle" - specifically, as long as she isn't doing dirty fighting like kicking dirt in their face or using the protoblast at them from behind, this will be fulfilled.

"Must be to live" - well she won't be using Protoblast if it isn't in a fight to the death, so I say this is fulfilled 9/10 times.

Also, I will create some rules for Protocalibur and create the last 4 seals, based off the Knights of the Round Table's code of chivalry.

10. Lamorak - The battle must not be against a lady.

11. Percival - The battle must be to reclaim something lost.

12. Gareth - The battle must not be a betrayal.

12. Ywain - The battle must be to protect (bit of a crossover with "not for one's own gain", but there is a slight difference)

Well it goes, A < A+ <A++ <A+++ < EX

For reference, A+ is twice 2xA, A++ is 3xA and A+++ is 4xA

And EX can go all the way up from there (though yours are still baseline EX)

So it's at least 4x Base Small Island level, which is what Artoria's A++ Excaliblasts are

Also.

"Honorable battle" isn't only from Saber him/herself but also the opponent. If the opponent does not fight honorably, this seal can be nullified

"1 vs 1" is easy to achieve as it is easy to nullified. I've already said it above. In most scenario this can lead to disadvantegous situation

"against evil" does has something to do with alignment. Its not just "he does bad thing, this seal is lifted"

"must be stronger" I also already said this one is the most likely to get lifted. But note that there's a different between just strong and versatile. Assassin is weaker than Saber, Caster is weaker than Saber, Saver is also generally weaker than Saber.

"mustn't be for personal gain" is really just depends on Saber's justification as i've already said. Because fighting for his/her master can also be classified as "personal gain" for Saber one way or another

"Must be to live" Servants won't fight to the death in the early part of HGW. This seal more often than not will only be lifted in the later part of HGW.

Didn't say they always did. Said they tended to. Like spatial dislocations of Ea. Excalibur, System Keuranos, and CCC

In terms of energy output, Fate might find them too difficult to quantify, but we on the VS wiki can do so just fine using their feats and statements.

Monarch Laciel said:
Didn't say they always did. Said they tended to. Like spatial dislocations of Ea. Excalibur, System Keuranos, and CCC
Several EX rated NPs ignore durability with spatial manipulation

Others are just overpowered in relation to everything else

Whatever

Back