• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS HGW Registering Part 2

Well, i apply logic because if i apply memes instead, i already win since all the memes surrounding Romulus' IP and Scathach's Wisdom of the Haunted Ground and Primal Runes have them stomping all oppositions as long as they originated from the glorious Nasuland

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Well, i apply logic because if i apply memes instead, i already win since all the memes surrounding Romulus' IP and Scathach's Wisdom of the Haunted Ground and Primal Runes have them stomping all oppositions as long as they originated from the glorious Nasuland
Pft with Arjunas plot armour I can easily win

IP's, Primal Runes', and Scathach's wisdom bullshitery break through even the thoughest and the most unbreakable of all plot armor. And Arjuna's plot armor is actually kinda shitty considering he lose to that one hero who spends 10 pages telling its all fine and nothing is really wrong at all before he dies and hes still saying that all is fine

Beast isn't something that simple though. Its not something you can just summon via demonic ritual or something. Its existance is really all about circumstance that no one could really control

Coz its fun to be a party pooper. And its kinda semi serious about the Beast part. Its something unnecessary, and all the circumstances behind its existance are just way too complex for a fanfic-ish, just-for-fun game thread like this

Actually, last game, Monarch gave himself Potnia Theron: Conception of All Animals a.k.a Earth Mother Authority. He basically reach the same level as Tiamat already.

I known that the former Ruler actually isn't a beast even in our fanfic game. I have just been calling that character in meta discussions a beast as a joke because he was so bad at being a judge and only gave himself op abilities that put himself on par with if not superior to beasts.

Having an authority like a character that has been portrayed as a Beast doesn't make you a Beast. For one, Beast is fundamentally different from other Container and the way their Saint Graph was percieved by the Domain of Man is different from how it percieves other Servant material. And there's a lot more reasons and other stuff behind it, not just this little bit about Saint Graph.

Dunno what really happened in the last game in detail. But whatever happened, its certaintly not something that would lead to an existance of a Beast

@Fab Does the no second strike effect occur as a product of high level in the Chinese martial arts skill, and not specifically from Li Shuwen's title becoming a Noble Phantasm?

@Owari If I really wanted to make use of the slightly broken idea you suggested, I would have given myself guaranteed success with surprise attacks, rather than borderline insanity. My character is probably going to be one that likes to drive people into a corner before finishing them off, not surprise and insta-kill them.

Li Shuwen's No Second Strike isn't really a NP the same way UBW, Tsubame Gaeshi, and Sandan Dzuki aren't legit NP. But No Second Strike is indeed exclusive to Li Shuwen so someone who has a higher rank at Chinese Martial Arts won't be able to use it

I'm restricting Wisdom of the Haunted Ground because it is the Skill to have almost every other Skill, and that makes it supremely broken, and also defeats the purpose of choosing only three personal skills.

I've also put rules on the use of imperial privilege seeing as it is similar, but at least there were some clear limitations. You can see them in the rules blog

OwariNepgear said:
Hmm, at current condition, Saber is the only one who has Anti-Fortress. But she somehow is the most balanced one of this war right now... In other word, weakest one...

• cough*

Well most people have already registered and are just waiting for the season 1 to start (which, incidentally, the thread is ready for, and I will open it once Artoria arrives)

Fab needs to switch his 3rd skill, seeing as I've banned WotHG due to how broken it is (it lets him use almost any other skill at B-A rank)

Artoria King of Knights will be here soon, its almost been 4 days

Alexcar3000 needs to make his decision or whether he wants to hit people with a spear of love and hate, have a sword that lets him defend himself or pierce any defense, or become able to bring himself and others back from mortal wounds (Romantia will make him avenger, Ascalon or Attendre Esperer will make him shielder)

There are some restrictions on IP now. Basically, you can only use it to gain the skills that an Emperor could gain by their authority as a (human) emperor, e.g. the capability to set taxes lets you get Golden Rule, the capability to hire a soliders lets you get riding and military tactics. You also have a limit on its use, seeing as being able to say "I give myself Riding, Miliary Tactics, Hawkeye, Charisma and Golden Rule" and "Oh my Imperial Privilege skill ran out, I'll just reapply it instantly" are similarly OP

Because that's just IP whole schtick. Its just a power of stupidity. The usage per day limitation doesn't really hit me hard considering IP can be used to pick several skills in 1 go and the time limit is basically nonexistant. And Romulus' EX ranked IP can also be used to do something that's conventionally impossible even with the authority of an emperor (completely sealing his Divinity) and its also ranked high enough to the point that a skill that normally you should born with can also be acquired (like Asterios' Natural Monster for example)

That's certaintly not how IP works though. The skills gained from IP last for a really long time (several days) if not permanently unless you're Nero. And unique skill that one gains from birth (meaning a skill that need a specific Corpus) can be acquired because that's simply how above A ranked IP works. Further limitation will just simply make this something that doesn't exist within canon and thus not really a skill named "IP" anymore.

I could agree with 2 skills at a time limitation but the rule about the time limit just simply goes against canon

Back