• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Well, I was actually elected to the position due to helping out more than anybody else, and then instated by a Fandom staff member, and since Polar-kun was a completely useless roadblock for our community, we eventually collectively voted for him to be demoted.

Polar initially tried to completely destabilise the wiki by making lots of other members into bureaucrats as spiteful retaliation, but eventually relented after Kavpeny reasoned with him, and Sannse of the Fandom staff quickly demoted all of the other bureaucrats after I asked for her help.
Talking about Polar-Kun, do you know his whereabouts as of now? Also, why was SeiryuShin banned from the wiki?

Well, I was actually elected to the position due to helping out more than anybody else, and then instated by a Fandom staff member, and since Polar-kun was a completely useless roadblock for our community, we eventually collectively voted for him to be demoted.

Polar initially tried to completely destabilise the wiki by making lots of other members into bureaucrats as spiteful retaliation, but eventually relented after Kavpeny reasoned with him, and Sannse of the Fandom staff quickly demoted all of the other bureaucrats after I asked for her help.
You don't have to lie to us Ant, we all know that you killed Polar-Kun and ate his flesh to increase your power.

I'm curious as to why you got banned when you first joined

My totally serious pet peeve is that people sometimes forget that VS debating is supposed to be nothing more than a fun hobby, and get to serious about it. This heavily harshes the mellow of people who just wanna have fun talking about "who would win between generic anime MC 1 or random version of Batman".

'Tis why I don't find indexing or VS debates very enjoyable at all nowadays.
Batman wins btw 🤓

Talking about Polar-Kun, do you know his whereabouts as of now? Also, why was SeiryuShin banned from the wiki?
SeiryuShin was first eventually demoted due to not helping out enough for a very long time, and later banned (by Matthew I think) for being repeatedly hostile and unreasonable, if I remember correctly.

I'm curious as to why you got banned when you first joined
As far as I recall, I made a bad edit to the Kami Tenchi page since I didn't understand the standards of this place yet, and SeiryuShin was far more trigger-happy back then than I currently am, which, to be fair, is much more necessary with such a small wiki staff as we had in early 2014.

Imma be real I thought you just straight up created the site for a hot minute

I didn't, but I did heavily contribute to organising its improvements to turn literally a hundred times more popular (and high-quality) than it used to be.

@Catalyst75 has been here since Galaxian Pyron still managed this place.

My totally serious pet peeve is that people sometimes forget that VS debating is supposed to be nothing more than a fun hobby, and get to serious about it. This heavily harshes the mellow of people who just wanna have fun talking about "who would win between generic anime MC 1 or random version of Batman".

'Tis why I don't find indexing or VS debates very enjoyable at all nowadays.
I finally had my first proper versus debate in ages with a random teen a couple days ago.
The question was how much prep time would Kevin McCallister need to save the world if he existed in Universe 7 during the Cell Saga.
With a brief sidetrack into whether Durarara's Shizuo could defeat Kid Goku.

It was wonderful because it was for fun and we could make up dumb scenarios as we pleased and didn't get mad about any of it.

Batman wins btw 🤓
ltg-come-on.gif

I heavily dislike KE calcs nowadays. This is coming from someone who used to heavily defend KE calcs on various forums. The method often leads to feats being rated several sub Tiers or even an entire large Tier above what a feat should reasonably be rated. I feel like people only use the method because it will inflate AP results for profiles they have bias for. Of course this doesn’t apply to characters (like Flash and Superman) that go into detail about how they use Relativity to their advantage.

Last edited:
What’s really annoying is that many Tier justified by KE calcs usually have no supporting feats or statements that would warrant such a tier. Which leads to more terrible indexing when massive scaling comes into play. One Piece is probably the best example.

This OP calc can actually be used to show just how easily you can inflate AP via KE calcs. Simply choose a “reasonable” timeframe.

The calc claims Luffy struck at a speed of 57.5 km/s. It can be argued that a striking speed of 57.5 km/s is rather low for Luffy. We might as well say he covered that distance within a hundredth or a thousandth of a second. Resulting in him striking with speed clocking in at 5,750 km/s to 57,500 km/s. Both are certainly well within Luffy’s striking speed capabilities. The results would yield Moon level to Small Planet level KE….and just like that, everyone in OP is 5C to Low 5B

I’m aware KE calcs have been rejected before for seeming outlierish but the amount of overinflated KE calcs that hasn’t been rejected or reviewed is baffling. People will look at a fragmentation/pulverization calc and say “6C is too high of a result, High 7A is more reasonable”. Then look at a KE calc and proceed to say “yep the math checks out, High 5A is a totally reasonable tier for a surface wiping or moon busting feat”. A 10 times energy gap difference is unreasonable but a million to trillion times gap somehow isn’t.

Damn. I like how you came back every ten minutes to add on to your original statement lol. But yeah I agree with you, KE calcs are usually heavily moderated but a lot of them slip through. If you really disagree with them you should make a CRT where you will most likely have a good amount of support including from me.

Actually idk about this, does the verse treat speed and KE equally to an extent ?

AFAIK OP doesn’t necessarily treat speed and KE in such a linear fashion. I’m going to have to review standards but iirc the wiki also doesn’t treat speed and KE linearly in general standards. It seems to be a case by case basis.

Is it me or is the wiki glitching one way or another and not showing notifications?

i gotta disagree with you on this one specifically, solely because it DOES take far more energy to shatter a celestial body and launch the parts out at relativistic speeds rather than just barely fast enough that gravity can't pull them together again (which is, IIRC, basically what GBE is to an extent)

I agree that such feats should be rated well above the GBE baseline of the celestial object involved (though there are profiles like Roshi, piccolo, Madonna that only consider complete moon-planet obliteration feat as baseline 5C/5B level). I don’t dispute the math. I just don’t believe writers intended for a partial-full celestial body busting feat to be rated thousands to billions (there are High 5A moon busting KE calcs within the wiki) of times above the celestial body’s GBE. It would be more reasonable to rate such feats as “At least X level, likely higher”. Otherwise it leads to terrible tiering for scaling chains.

Its terrible indexing for 6 characters to be rated as High 5A because of the sole reason (no feats of busting or statements of possessing capabilities to bust gas giants or dwarf stars) being that they scale to one character who scattered a moon at relativistic speed.

Last edited:
I know there are counters like “Death of the Author exists, so it’s up to us to come up with our own interpretation” or “The physics, math, and logic checks out, so the calc should apply”.

Well then I’d have to point out the double standards regarding where to apply and not apply KE. The wiki allows applying KE to massive bodies of water, landmass, and celestial bodies to generate the highest possible AP. Yet the travel speed KE of a large number of characters isn’t allowed to be used as AP.

I do understand not scaling the KE of characters to their AP because it would then result in just about every character who can physically travel at SoL-FTL (or infinitely approach light speed) automatically becoming 3A/High 3A. If that’s the consensus, then KE shouldn’t be applied to the aforementioned. Otherwise we might as well upgrade half of the HST to 3A.

Main peeves are that Baki keeps getting axed from Tier 7, and also the current page for Supernatural Willpower is a piece of shit
Depending on how quickly I can finish and iron out a new draft for it, the latter may be dealt with in the near future tho
My peeves are the horrific Baki speed calculations. I don't mean to offend anybody but how have they stayed up on the wiki for so long....

Another peeve of mine would be the Lifting Strength justification for a large amount of profiles. What passes as “Lifting” is absolutely horrendous. Baki is actually a great example. Nomi No Sukune II having class K lifting strength because he can crush coal into diamonds. Uvogin also having class K lifting strength because he can throw a rock kilometers away.

Another peeve of mine would be the Lifting Strength justification for a large amount of profiles. What passes as “Lifting” is absolutely horrendous. Baki is actually a great example. Nomi No Sukune II having class K lifting strength because he can crush coal into diamonds. Uvogin also having class K lifting strength because he can throw a rock kilometers away.
Yeah. The coal diamond feat makes no sense in my eyes.

Back