• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

Well, the problem is with your taste then.
It's better if you play another games, any RPG you fancy?
The only RPGs I've played seriously are either Paper Mario or a Pokemon game, otherwise RPGs are something I find hard to get invested in.
Honestly, I think a lot of my tastes are different due to how I'm wired as someone with autism and so certain genres like Souls or RPGs just don't really resonate with me as it should for some people? I know with most games I play, they're usually pretty energetic or have a lot going on

The only RPGs I've played seriously are either Paper Mario or a Pokemon game, otherwise RPGs are something I find hard to get invested in.
Honestly, I think a lot of my tastes are different due to how I'm wired as someone with autism and so certain genres like Souls or RPGs just don't really resonate with me as it should for some people? I know with most games I play, they're usually pretty energetic or have a lot going on
Play Metal Gear Rising then, that shit very energetic and insane.

What exactly about RPGs makes it hard to get into? Are they slow burns for you? Did the gameplay not intice you or what?

Play Metal Gear Rising then, that shit very energetic and insane.
I freaking love MGR, easily one of my favorite games of all time on my Steam library
What exactly about RPGs makes it hard to get into? Are they slow burns for you? Did the gameplay not intice you or what?
I think it's the slow burning, you know? LIke I'm always someone who always wants to feel energy and when I don't, I feel uninterested. And again it's not to say that these games are bad, I just can't get invested if that makes sense

@The_Unknown_Warrior1 well if you want some fun as hell gameplay for a JRPG I recommend Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4. They’re both fantastic and are some of the few JRPGs I go out of my way to fight random encounters because the combat is that fun.

16-EF5-EA8-F08-E-4991-A47-B-2-F9736-DB1-CC3.jpg

Japanese elves are the best in RPG’s

Western elves not so much, they’re so ugly

@Artorimachi_Meteoraft so what you’re saying is he’s too lazy to make them stand out on their own. 😏

weaksauce Siegfried that killed himself over a weak homunculus. Try an actual Chad who conquered the darkness and is built like an anti aircraft gun.
d2r2aof-c0086bb4-f82f-409c-aebc-429d765cfe9f.jpg

My hot take is despite the gear systems present in Marvel's Avengers which has plagued lots of games nowadays and caused lots of controversy at launch the game holds up and still has pretty solid combat for what it is, with a even better story to tell that stays true to the characters roots having one of the best adaptations for Ms. Marvel imo, also the continous story is the best I've seen in any live service game aside from say Fortnite who's made that it's staple and makes a considerable effort where other live service games can fall.

I do genuinely hate all these games trying to be live service games and implementing battle passes and virtual currency instead of just trying to make good games

Back