• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests (New forum)

Bump.

Also Deku's match against Yusuke Urameshi is now outdated as well due to recent upgrades.

Promoting this comment I made in a different thread:
"This is a blatant stomp match.
First of all, while I disagree with Lucci's scaling heavily, I will instead "agree" with them and use them to explain why this makes it a stomp, because trying to change his scaling will be met with huge criticism and anger.
They were giving him wincons such as " higher AP, Durability, Speed, more skill " etc. Even KingTempest, a former mod, agreed that it's a mismatch.
Not even to mention that people who as far as I know don't even read/watch the series were blindly voting.
I feel that this should be removed from their profiles, as going off of said profiles Lucci stomps and it isn't a contest. "
Removed.

So... Sans went through a lot of changes and I'm surprised a lot of them are still here

This one's actually on 173. It got buffed to High 8-C and lacks a soul so Sans' AP was what's carrying him. That's not possible anymore

This is made when Sans' attacks apparently have AP. Should at least be redone with modern standards

These are made when people thought Undertale Soul Manip one-shots. I'm fairly certain it doesn't and the arguments hinge on the fact that Sans one-shots them first

Sans got time-stopped before he could do anything
So, what about this?

Ruby Rose needs her victory over Mori Jin removed on her profile. It has already been removed from Mori's profile, I'm assuming it wasn't properly done on her own.

Yakagi vs Quetzalcoatl should be removed. The match was only really able to happen under very specific and unfavorable conditions for Quetz (Yakagi knew everything about Quetz, she was unable to use any hax to have a lucha match, she only needed to get down for three seconds to lose, was unable to use her ranged attacks against Takagi who whole skillset is range and teleportation spam, etc). I also quite likely underestimated Quetz passive charisma since with her rank she would really mind control him.

In restrospective my desire to have a match with Quetz probably clouded my judgement and made my argue that the match was fair and possible with such one-sided conditions and also made me downplay Quetz. So as the guy who basically argued all the thread and the main reason of why it was added I ask it to be removed from both profiles.
Bump this I guess.

Please Remove

SCP-049 vs Davy Jones - Reason
This is an extremely old, outdated matchup from 2017, 9-B vs 9-C, 049's main ability does not work on Jones per matchup, and Jones just oneshots him. Stomp

SCP-049 vs Connor Reason This is an extremely one sided matchup, Once again 049's main ability does not work and Connor both outranges and severely outskills 049. Sure they're both 9-C but you wouldn't be able to beat someone more skilled than you even if you are close in strength

Both of these matches are extremely one sided if not outright stomp

Profiles

SCP-049

Connor

Davy Jones

Last edited:
Please Remove

SCP-049 vs Davy Jones - Reason
This is an extremely old, outdated matchup from 2017, 9-B vs 9-C, 049's main ability does not work on Jones per matchup, and Jones just oneshots him. Stomp

SCP-049 vs Connor Reason This is an extremely one sided matchup, Once again 049's main ability does not work and Connor both outranges and severely outskills 049. Sure they're both 9-C but you wouldn't be able to beat someone more skilled than you even if you are close in strength

Both of these matches are extremely one sided if not outright stomp
They should be removed but for different reasons...

049 in his Extended Canon key has High 8-C(Should probably be 9-A) durability and High 1-A type 8 immortality right now, which means he can eventually do something like find Jone's heart or beat Conner no matter how long it takes. This extended canon key is 9-C.

049 in his Extended Canon key has High 8-C(Should probably be 9-A) durability and High 1-A type 8 immortality right now, which means he can eventually do something like find Jone's heart or beat Conner no matter how long it takes. This extended canon key is 9-C.
First key 049 was used against Connor and 049 didn't even have his second Key in 2017 I think. Either way they should be removed

Oh mo-
That should be edited out, me and Oven probably missed it out when we reverted stuff to 9-A

Oh mo-
That should be edited out, me and Oven probably missed it out when we reverted stuff to 9-A
Yeah like I said, it should probably be 9-A, but yeah.

I'm guessing the High 8-C KE from 173 was unaccepted for High 8-C or something?

So to summarize this thread:

*AP: 5x difference plus the Drinker having passive damage reduction, attack reflection/a forcefield, and type 2 immortality

*Speed: Equalized but due to the rules of Speed Equalization, the hunter and drinker have equalized combat and reaction speed, but not movement speed, meaning the Hunter would have Normal Human to Athletic Human movement speed while the Drinker would have Supersonic+ to Hypersonic movement speed.

With those out of the way:

*Due to standard battle assumptions the hunter and drinker start at their furthest range apart from each other, which would be 100 meters. Also thanks to standard battle assumptions the Drinker would know what the hunter looks like and the direction he is in, and how far away he is. The Hunter has no ESP or other means of tracking down the Drinker beyond general knowledge, while the Drinker has two dozen ravens at its disposal that it sees and hears everything through, as well as spells such as Arcane Eye (Which grants remote ESP over a wide area) and Detect Thoughts (Lets the Drinker hear the thoughts of everything in a 60 foot radius), meaning the Drinker will effectively have constant tabs on the Hunter the entire fight. On top of this, the Drinker has the spell Dimension Door which would allow it to just teleport to the Hunter directly by thought (it only requires a simple visual or a direction and distance to teleport, all of which it has by default as per SBA).

*The Hunter range spamming would do nothing in this fight other than give away his position, due the Drinker has a passive forcefield that the hunter's firearms cannot bypass (which was agreed on in the thread), the Hunter has a limited amount of ammunition available (Specifically 20 maximum before needing to pull from his own vitality to create more bullets), and due to the location (Central Park by SBA) the Hunter is unlikely to ever have a clear shot with that much range. Leading with something like Blue Elixir or trying to stealth wouldnt work either, both due to Blue Elixir not making the Hunter fully invisible, only transparent but still fully visible to enemies who actively know what he looks like and are actively looking for him, as well as the Drinker's multiple forms of ESP, its massive passive bonus to spotting hidden enemies (A +19 to Spot, which in game terms makes their senses good enough to detect outright invisible enemies), and Gaze working on invisible opponents. With the speed difference between them its unlikely the Hunter would even be able to keep track of the drinker unless it literally just stood still.

*The instant the Drinker has the Hunter in its line of sight the Hunter would be immediately crippled by its passive Horrific Gaze ability, which makes the Hunter unable to do anything other than walk around (It inflicts the Nauseated status, making the Hunter unable to attack, dodge, or use items or thought based abilities, thus nullifying effectively the entirety of the Hunter's arsenal including the use of things like the hunter and bold hunter marks). Coupled with the Drinker's movement speed advantage, this means that as soon as the Hunter is in range of the Gaze, he has zero means of escaping it or fighting back against the drinker as the drinker would be absurdly faster than the Hunter, enough so to keep him in line of sight for as long as it wants. On top of this, the Drinker's standard active ability, Drink Vision, makes it so that the Hunter would be unable to resist the effects of Horrific Gaze entirely.

*The drinker has thought based death manipulation that can bypass the Hunter's resurrection via Finger of Death and can KO him by thinking with Eyebite, and the drinker is absurdly more intelligent than the Hunter at that point in the game (As Lephyr put it: smart and skilled enough to fight an entire party of 4+ players stronger, more skilled, more versatile, and more haxxed than the hunter who also have prep time, prior knowledge, and summons and it can still viably kill all of them'). On top of this, the Drinker is 5x stronger than the Hunter, meaning that even if you want to try to argue that the drinker's instawin abilities arent starting moves it does not matter, once it's in range of the hunter the hunter can do literally nothing to protect himself or escape and they will die in a few attacks.

*As a what if-scenario (assuming the Drinker kills with something that doesnt bypass the Hunter's resurrection or incap him), even with the prior knowledge the Hunter would gain from the fight, there is nothing in his arsenal that can protect him against the Drinker's Gaze attack, which works even through eye concealing equipment, and even summoning allies to assist him wouldnt do much as they would all be just as weak and slow as him and just as susceptible to the Gaze attack, as well as the aformentioned 'can fight a party of adventurers alone and win' point previously stated.

So please, do tell me how this is not a stomp. The arguments for the Hunter winning rely on the Drinker acting entirely out of character, letting its ravens be picked off without doing anything, and standing completely still and letting the Hunter wail on it without defending itself.

It has been agreed by both myself and Ovens that this is not a stomp. Furthermore, Weekly has taken to lying in order to misrepresent the match (misportraying our Speed Equalization rules, referencing statistics that do not exist on a page he himself heavily moderates, and granting the Drinker powers it does not actually have).

The thread is fine. The Hunter has a valid win condition through ranged attacks. The Hunter isn't Athletic Human in speed, and in fact he would have the ability to be faster than the Drinker via Quickening. It has been pointed out that normal attacks can well pass the Drinker's specific forcefield, as it just helps to dampen them.

I'm not going to say the Hunter's winning odds are great, but to pretend that the Hunter cannot win is foolishness. The loss is accepted by myself and Ovens, as previously mentioned, currently the only two staff members to be supporters of the verse.

Don't intend to stonewall here, if you want more arguments, boy howdy are there a lot on the actual thread. I encourage you to read that and come to your own conclusions.

It has been agreed by both myself and Ovens that this is not a stomp. Furthermore, Weekly has taken to lying in order to misrepresent the match (misportraying our Speed Equalization rules,
You are the only one who disagreed with the speed equalization rules in the thread, if you disagree with them then make a CRT and change them, otherwise suck it up and follow the rules.
referencing statistics that do not exist on a page he himself heavily moderates, and granting the Drinker powers it does not actually have).
Also very cool lying about me, thats very professional.
The thread is fine. The Hunter has a valid win condition through ranged attacks.
It has already been agreed that ranged attacks will not work, something myself, Lephyr, and Infinite agreed on. You are the only one who claimed they would work.
The Hunter isn't Athletic Human in speed, and in fact he would have the ability to be faster than the Drinker via Quickening. It has been pointed out that normal attacks can well pass the Drinker's specific forcefield, as it just helps to dampen them.
Quickening does not amplify movement speed, and to bypass the forcefield the hunter would need to be in range of the Gaze which is not happening.
I'm not going to say the Hunter's winning odds are great, but to pretend that the Hunter cannot win is foolishness. The loss is accepted by myself and Ovens, as previously mentioned, currently the only two staff members to be supporters of the verse.
Just because you are staff does not make you right by default.
Don't intend to stonewall here, if you want more arguments, boy howdy are there a lot on the actual thread. I encourage you to read that and come to your own conclusions.
All of your 'arguments' ignore the actual abilities and limitations of the characters, the vs thread rules, and rely entirely on the Drinker acting 100% out of character the entire fight. The fact that youre the one being so disingenuous yet claiming im 'lying' is frankly absurd and is not something a staff member, let alone an admin, should be doing.

Last edited:
As has been mentioned. Everything is on the thread. Weekly is inconsolable, so I'm happy to consult people who actually want to listen. Otherwise, read the thread, rather than clog up this'n.

Yup, thats how it always is isnt it? 'Dont listen to Weekly, listen to me, im the admin, Weekly is just a problem, i'm right and he shouldnt be listened to'.

I'm also happy to consult people as well, seeing as im the one making the removal request and all as well as having just as much knowledge and the scans to back up what im saying

While this is likely isn't my place to say this, but... Well, after looking at what Weekly has said and in the verse thread itself, I have to side with them on this matter and think their grievances towards the match are correct and should be removed from profiles. Sure, I could be misunderstanding some stuff, but I feel like I won't chance my stance on this.

Yup, thats how it always is isnt it? 'Dont listen to Weekly, listen to me, im the admin, Weekly is just a problem, i'm right and he shouldnt be listened to'.

I'm also happy to consult people as well, seeing as im the one making the removal request and all as well as having just as much knowledge and the scans to back up what im saying
It doesn't do to spam the walls with information already available. You've spent your days painting me as something many can attest I am not- I have spent my days dealing with you objectively misinforming people. So... yes, you are the problem, currently. Ask Ovens or any staff member involved in the thread.
While this is likely isn't my place to say this, but... Well, after looking at what Weekly has said and in the verse thread itself, I have to side with them on this matter and think their grievances towards the match are correct and should be removed from profiles. Sure, I could be misunderstanding some stuff, but I feel like I won't chance my stance on this.
I'm curious what, specifically, leads ya to say this? As you say, it isn't your place, but I am curious. I will note that, again, many of Weekly's complaints are downright not true- speed advantage, instant incapacitation, etc. Not true at all.

It doesn't do to spam the walls with information already available. You've spent your days painting me as something many can attest I am not- I have spent my days dealing with you objectively misinforming people. So... yes, you are the problem, currently. Ask Ovens or any staff member involved in the thread.
Please do tell me what misinformation ive been purposely spreading, because this is news to me.
I'm curious what, specifically, leads ya to say this? As you say, it isn't your place, but I am curious. I will note that, again, many of Weekly's complaints are downright not true- speed advantage, instant incapacitation, etc. Not true at all.
Bambu, you do not understand the speed equalization rules, that does not make me a liar.

Is it that time again?

pulls out the same soapbox again

Ahem.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." ~ Versus Thread Rules

The Hunter here has better combat speed then the Drinker, this means he is the one getting equalized, while the drinkers speed isn't getting touched, AKA they're both Hypersonic+ but the Drinker is High Hypersonic+ in reactions.

Also, I find it impossible that the drinker won't use abilities that it uses in-character at some point in the eons it has to murder the hunter before he gets in-range, reading through all of the thread, on both sides, so I agree with this removal.

Y'all having a war on this thread why not take it to the thread you want removed and come back when you've reached a verdict?
Merely a suggestion, of course.
Edit: Though I'm leaning towards agreeing that it's removed

Is it that time again?

pulls out the same soapbox again

Ahem.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." ~ Versus Thread Rules

The Hunter here has better combat speed then the Drinker, this means he is the one getting equalized, while the drinkers speed isn't getting touched, AKA they're both Hypersonic+ but the Drinker is High Hypersonic+ in reactions.

Also, I find it impossible that the drinker won't use abilities that it uses in-character at some point in the eons it has to murder the hunter before he gets in-range, reading through all of the thread, on both sides, so I agree with this removal.
Weekly is arguing that the Hunter is Athletic Human due to these rules. I'm perfectly aware of what they say- the Vitreous Drinker will have faster reactions whereas the Hunter will have faster combat speed if taking Quickening into account. Perhaps "ahem" in the other direction?

Wha? The Drinker doesn't have the range advantage, Reaper, the Hunter does. It's only killing option is 20 yards range, whereas the Hunter has "hundreds of meters" range with its best guns. Did you read the thread?

Y'all having a war on this thread why not take it to the thread you want removed and come back when you've reached a verdict?
Merely a suggestion, of course.
Edit: Though I'm leaning towards agreeing that it's removed
The verdict of that thread was it ought not be removed. Weekly wants it removed regardless, as do you folks. I will reiterate that Ovens, the other major Bloodborne guy, agrees that the match is not a stomp. I'd say Mav, too, as they voted, but that's more implicit than anything. Regardless, Ovens has all relevant information for the Hunter's capabilities, as do I- so even following the ridiculous accusation that I'm win-farming for a verse I'm growing to dislike, against my favorite video game- we have a consensus.

The sole problem is that Weekly does not accept that. And will make it a Problem. Hence why I encouraged people to just... read the thread, but Reaper's reply, at least, wilts my hopes at that, given it addresses two non-existent points. If y'all would be so kind, drop it and wait for other staff to take a gander.

Weekly is arguing that the Hunter is Athletic Human due to these rules. I'm perfectly aware of what they say- the Vitreous Drinker will have faster reactions whereas the Hunter will have faster combat speed if taking Quickening into account. Perhaps "ahem" in the other direction?
The Hunter has Athletic Human MOVEMENT speed and High Hypersonic COMBAT speed (Mach 32). Whereas the Drinker has Hypersonic+ MOVEMENT speed (Mach 15) and High Hypersonic+ COMBAT speed (Mach 64). Under equalization rules, the Drinker's combat speed would be brought down to the Hunter's level (Mach 32) and its movement speed would be reduced by the same multiplier (64 / 32 = 2x, 15 / 2 - 7.5). So even with equalized speed, the Hunter's movement speed would be Athletic Human while the Drinker would be Hypersonic (Mach 7.5).

And im not sure why youre acting like Quickening makes a difference, all it does is speed up dodge rolls and quick dashes, it doesnt make the Hunter's attacks or reactions any faster.
Wha? The Drinker doesn't have the range advantage, Reaper, the Hunter does. It's only killing option is 20 yards range, whereas the Hunter has "hundreds of meters" range with its best guns. Did you read the thread?
The Hunter in his 8-A key has a single gun with that range, Ludwig's Rifle, every other gun is a close range weapon.

Because its closed
Fair point.
The verdict of that thread was it ought not be removed. Weekly wants it removed regardless, as do you folks. I will reiterate that Ovens, the other major Bloodborne guy, agrees that the match is not a stomp. I'd say Mav, too, as they voted, but that's more implicit than anything. Regardless, Ovens has all relevant information for the Hunter's capabilities, as do I- so even following the ridiculous accusation that I'm win-farming for a verse I'm growing to dislike, against my favorite video game- we have a consensus.

The sole problem is that Weekly does not accept that. And will make it a Problem. Hence why I encouraged people to just... read the thread, but Reaper's reply, at least, wilts my hopes at that, given it addresses two non-existent points. If y'all would be so kind, drop it and wait for other staff to take a gander.
Another fair point, I'm just gonna read that thread and get out of here, this isn't really about me anyway I just wanted to give my opinion on it since it kept popping up in my notifs.

Wha? The Drinker doesn't have the range advantage, Reaper, the Hunter does. It's only killing option is 20 yards range, whereas the Hunter has "hundreds of meters" range with its guns. Did you read the thread?
Most likely because his movement speed is dogshit, meaning he isn't moving fast enough to clear that distance

Bambu, mate, do you even know just how massively out of character it is for the hunter to shoot anything to death? we're talking it is the very last option he'd ever go for after having tried quite literally everything else and maybe not even THEN. The gun is a parry tool, and the Hunter has limited ammo on top of that AND the drinker has reactions above the Hunter's gun's speed of shot that it can dodge with so little issue it isn't even funny. The Hunter WILL go into that 20 yards, which is a large distance mind you, well past the Hunter's engagement distance of at most 10 yards, just to go into melee, and then there's like 5 thought-based abilities the Drinker can use in the Millenia it will take the Hunter to reach it, all of which will apparently perma-wreck him.

This is like arguing Darksiders War would not get stomped by the drinker just because he has a gun he only uses if apsolutely necessary when every fight he's ever been in, if he can, he has opened with rushing into melee. The same applies to the Hunter.

Yeah thats also a thing, Attack Speed wouldnt change so the Hunter would be using normal speed bullets against a Mach 32 opponent. Theres a reason why the Hunter effectively only uses his guns at point blank range.

Reaper. My man. Christ.

The Hunter does not have a movement speed on his profile. Combat speed traditionally covers actual movement in-combat. It is the default speed listed on a profile. Furthermore, he does not need to clear the distance.

Reaper. I cannot make you run a bloodtinge build, but I can remind you that it is an actual way to play. A way I have played. As have many others. It's really quite good, especially against bosses like Amygdala who are a piece of shit for melee. You have no ******* clue what the Hunter goes in-character, because they don't have a character. It is an RPG character. Their personality is that of the player. That is the facts here, I don't know how you aren't aware of that. The very existence of this item actually proves the notion that the Hunter only uses guns for parrying, and not damage, wrong.

I don't care what you think it's like. Make a relevant argument or leave it to people who will bother to give due diligence.

and then there's like 5 thought-based abilities the Drinker can use in the Millenia it will take the Hunter to reach it, all of which will apparently perma-wreck him.
Eh its really only two, Finger of Death is thought based death manip that is layered enough to bypass the hunter's resurrection and Eyebite it thought based and can just KO him instantly, but the second the Drinker looks at the Hunter he can do literally nothing but walk around so the Drinker can literally just toy with him for as long as it wants and the Hunter can do nothing to stop it as even thought based abiliies like the hunter's mark are nulled

Back