• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Future King of Vermin fights The Crimson Huntress-In-Training!

azontr

He/Him
J6ojKPv.jpg

VS!

3PBV3W0.jpg

• Speed is Equalized
  • National Competition Mori is used, he is High 8-C, 8-B Martial Arts are restricted
  • Post-Beacon Ruby is used
  • Win by Incapacitation

Mori:

Ruby: @DaReaperMan, @Popted2, @Lugh_Tuathe_Dé, @RandomGuy2345, @Naitodesu, @Spinoirr, @Unknownnah

They start dating:

FIGHT!

Last edited:
Your mother is on this 🍆

Talk about the match at hand or take an L.

Two trash characters from two trash series.
Okay that's cool bro,

But I didn't ask, I don't care about you or your opinion, your opinion is dumb anyway, your a dick, you get no bitches, you make me sick, and I hope your house gets hit by a meteorite.

Deadass if your not gonna argue the match **** off and move on.

Okay that's cool bro,

But I didn't ask, I don't care about you or your opinion, your opinion is dumb anyway, your a dick, you get no bitches, you make me sick, and I hope your house gets hit by a meteorite.

Deadass if your not gonna argue the match **** off and move on.
-:geek:

RWBY has some stupid ass skill scaling bullshit so I'd wait for somebody knowledgeable to say anything first before saying "Mori skill stomps GG"

Deadass the joke has been done 50,000 times already and I want this match to stay on track. 🤓

I guess I'll follow for interest, though.

though a versus debate featuring a RWBY character, from my experience, has always ended up being shit

I'm used to toxic debates. A recent GoH thread became pretty toxic as well(you know the one), so I'm ready.
That thread was more so funny than toxic.

I thought it was funny seeing the same debates being regurgitated, then someone (like me) comes out of nowhere and says some random bullshit to derail the thread.

Though, then again, it was probably funny to me because I wasn't really participating in it, while you were getting "**********" and people were telling you the exact same points over and over again.

I've gotten frustrated over that plenty of times, so I understand that perfectly.

Eh, whatever. This isn't that thread anyway, so I'm just trying to make sure arguments go smoothly and we don't try and tear each other's throats out.

Eh, whatever. This isn't that thread anyway, so I'm just trying to make sure arguments go smoothly and we don't try and tear each other's throats out.
I mean, I can try my best to find a scaling chain for Ruby that was commented before in a previous thread to make it easier for you.

I know about the RWBY skill scaling chain. I've read it multiple times, but, feel free to post it here so anybody who wants to know can see it.

Hm, well, I'll give my analysis.

At first, probably not. The Skill Chain, while mostly just a scaling chain of people fighting other people, isn't something Mori in this key can truly match. At the beginning, at least.

To start off, Mori has dealt with characters that severely outskill him before, specifically in this key, that person being Ilpyo park, who, while also having immense martial prowess, knew the weaknesses and advantages of Mori's Renewal Taekwondo due to his style being a version of it, and had thoroughly accounted for them throughout the fight.

Mori, while injured, was able to rather swiftly close this skill gap and was capable of quickly accounting for the weaknesses of Renewal Taekwondo by combining it with his various other copied skills, which included Renewal's lack of attack points, its weakness in direct CQC, and its strain on his body in general. Now do note, the styles that Mori copies are entire fighting styles, not just a method of movement or something that bunny girl or whatever her name can copy(as I'm assuming RWBY characters don't have named Martial Arts styles with name techniques), and was capable of utilizing them in tandem with his own style almost instinctively to account for his weaknesses on the fly.

At the time of the fight these feats are done in, these styles would include:

Wolgwang Swordsmanship, which has a variety of barehanded combat techniques that can be used to cut without a sword.

Kyokushin Karate, which primarily revolves around kata that can be both precise and can also include rapid-fire blows. This also involves the control of all 3 of the previous main kata in such precision that one can produce a large air shockwave to invoke the 4th kata, Blue Dragon.

Ssamsu Taekkyeon, which was previously the style that was beating Mori's ass and has mostly similar techniques to his Renewal Taekwondo.

Tai Chi Chuan, which also seems to revolve around the manipulation of air and energy to perform attacks.

Northern ITF Taekwondo, another variant of Renewal Taekwondo that actually paved the way for Renewal Taekwondo's founding.

Bongchim Nah Needle Ryu, which you should know involves acupuncture. This one is interesting, as through using his knowledge of acupuncture and the human body, Mori can find the most suitable attack points even though his style was previously limited to only a couple of pressure points.

There are more, but I find them not relevant enough to mention. You can check Mori's page for all the relevant techniques if you desire specifics.

Back to the main point, Mori has displayed immense adaptability and the ability to perfectly mesh styles with his own to account for his weaknesses rapidly. During his fight with Ilpyo, the guy who I previously mentioned, he was capable of countering an attack that previously gave him trouble through using precise control of wind pressure to create an ice-based attack that did indeed one-shot Ilpyo, had he not powered himself up with some bullshit cheat.

This is also displayed in an even earlier fight where after only experiencing an attack once, he was capable of instantly deducing a way to counter it and was capable of even using the functions of the attack to, once again, produce a kicking-based attack that did indeed one-shot a comparable opponent.

That is the general skill rundown on Mori's adaptability. He isn't comparable at the beginning, but he'll get there eventually if he can survive, which, I think he can for an extended period of time.

Sorry this took me a long ass time to formulate I had to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass lmao.

All right, now how does Mori handle Ruby spamming a blitz-amp on him?
With instinctive reactions that work on people that blitz him by uh... a lot. A whole lot.

To give an example, his instinctive reactions were capable of responding to an attack coming from a Massively Hypersonic while he was only Subsonic. He didn't completely dodge the attack but being able to even react to it in the first place is impressive, he avoided death through that.

With instinctive reactions that work on people that blitz him by uh... a lot. A whole lot.

To give an example, his instinctive reactions were capable of responding to an attack coming from a Massively Hypersonic while he was only Subsonic. He didn't completely dodge the attack but being able to even react to it in the first place is impressive, he avoided death through that.
How much AoE did this attack have? Because Ruby has pretty decent AoE when she needs it

The attack did not have any AoE, it was an acupuncture technique meant to instantly kill him, but, he kicked himself away instinctively to avoid the attack reaching his heart.

If Ruby has AoE, Mori has long-ranged, omnidirectional flash-step like movement via Bo-Bup to avoid it, which allows him to appear and move seemingly in any direction instantly, even upwards which allows him to appear airborne. The effectiveness of this technique depends on how large Ruby's range is, as Mori can very well spam this technique to rapidly move away if he needs to, but if it's to large, it won't do much.

Back