• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always bring up the fact that Bill's hax doesn't work on other 2-A's because he hasn't shown to be able to work on them.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1228723#104

This should be removed now since its a stomp.

Accel won because he will rip Satou apart before Satou can develop resistance and use any of his hax

Satou now has Type 8 immortality, Mid-Godly, Quantum Level Matter Manip, Quantum Manipulation, Time Travel, Gravity Manipulation by manipulating, interfering and annihilating gravitons plus all of his previous hax like conceptual manip, existence erasure etc

Gargoyle One said:
Akame ga kill reminds me.

Esdeath vs Ban is a complete stomp.

500 megaton with Low High regen, speed and strength sap with fox hunt vs barely above Baseline 7A with zero way to kill him.

One shot as well as making basically all her attacks worthless.
Bumping this.

I also found Esdeath vs Bang a match where both Esdeaths Time Stop and Ice Storm were restricted, so that should also be removed.

Alien X vs Master Hand

The votes weren't really that good in the first place, being mostly AP related, but MH, with recent upgrades (the Smash upgrades still applied to him regardless of Azzy), wrecks in terms of AP, thereby de-justifying most of the votes.

I wasn't sure if I should make an entire thread solely about this or post it here, because holy shit is it bad.

I think Sans' vs matchup section has actually given me some kind of terminal illness from how profoundly shitty it is.

Firstly, under "Notable Victories", he has matches like his one against Demigra, who has changed so drastically in the almost two years since that match was made that I'm amazed it hasn't been removed, yet.

His "Notable Losses" section is about a thousand times worse. He has matches against characters he can't possibly beat, matches with absolutely horrible reasoning, and so much more. There's so much there I feel I have to explain at least a few.

Sans vs America (Hetalia): People in the thread seemed to agree Sans has no way to actually kill America and win. Yet this was added, regardless.

Sans vs Charizard: Profoundly terrible thread. Most of the arguments seemed to rely on how a character who can teleport somehow cannot deal with minor AoE and was closed without a proper conclusion. People also acted like guaranteed hit attacks like Swift and Aerial Ace weren't game mechanics, which is hilarious.

Sans vs Dark Schneider: A thread I was actually in and a result I fully agreed on. However, the thread itself is incredibly bare-bones and basically results in Darsh extremely low-diffing Sans. Not really "notable".

Sans vs HIM: HIM was both considered unkillable and able to stomp. Still added.

Sans vs Link (ALttP): "Link wins 10/10 no diff with one item" "Isn't this a stomp, then?" "Nah"

Sans vs Lucario: I can not even properly express how terrible this thread is, so I suggest simply reading it for yourself.

Sans vs Terrarian/Lunatic Cultist: Basically the same match, yet both were added.

Sans vs Magolor: Probably almost as bad as Sans vs Lucario.

Sans vs Ness: I even expressed back then how a character with what in the circumstances of the battle amounts to an undodgeable attack curbs Sans. Yet, say it with me, 'it was still added'.

Sans vs Goku: Terrible thread where most of the arguments were based on misinformation and "lol AoE".

Sans vs Zongazonga:I don't even need to say anything about how this doesn't even qualify as a proper match.

I am genuinely convinced I could make "Sans vs Nyarlathotep", Nyar would curb "FRA", and the match would be added anyway. That's how bad things are, right now.

Trying to get rid of Sans' poor track record ay Azzy? ovo

lol kidding, but yeah, Sans is a mess in threads and the threads about him always end up even messier. Plus im pretty sure a lot of those are from before the huge revision about his his powers work

You can just remove them right now b0ss

Still waiting for my Slaneesh ticket land

@Azzy. Why exactly was the Lucario one as bad as you say (which apparently is really bad)? People gave legitimate reasons.

America, Link, and HIM I agree with, but Ness having an attack that'll make him win doesn't make it a stomp. Otherwise, any hax character with a one-shot, be it Reinhard, Lavos, Lucemon, etc. would be chock full of stomps. Same could be said about Link too, but that could be argued.

I either agree with the rest (Darshe, Zongazonga) or can't argue them because I haven't read them (everything else).

@Cal

Sans vs Ness: If a character has an undodgeable attack that will OHK the opponent they're facing, that's an incredibly clear stomp.

Sans vs Lucario: Stuff like "Lucario has taken Soul Attacks" and "He has paralysis" (which is a chance on an attack that needs to first actually hit) are not good arguments. On top of that, most of the thread is spent arguing about types. It's not a good thread, overall.

You described pretty much any tier 2 match, bro. Or any match with mind hax, or time hax, or etc..

For Lucario's match, having just reread it, most of the reasonings from the votes came from precog, mind reading, power mimicry, sensing, homing attacks, and barriers. I will give you that it wasn't a good math, with a lot of the stuff being about typing, but the person arguing for typing being legit was voting for Sans, so I don't see why that was a problem. And taking soul attacks wasn't apart of the major reasoning.

>any tier 2 match

No.

>any match with mind hax or time hax

If a character doesn't resist it or has no counter for it, then yes. But that's usually what we'd deem a pretty clear stomp, should the hax be potent enough to auto win.

Precog, mind reading, and sensing are not good reasons against Sans. Chara knew exactly what Sans was going to do and could reset as many times as they pleased and could still never land a hit, even when Sans was half asleep. Power mimicry doesn't really help if your regular attacks have homing and any solid hit is enough to win. Barriers are a defensive technique and not a good win-con.

I can literally just say Esdeath...

When I say this, I mean it in the most sincere and non-offensive of ways, but that sounds like a you thing (this applies to the Goku match too). Just because you think it's not good reasoning doesn't mean it's not viable reasoning, and you can't request a match removal because people have differing opinions of you.

I wonder how many instances of my hypocrisy just popped up with me saying that ovo?

Notice how I put "potent enough to auto win". I don't mean just "if a character has time hax". I mean, for example, a character has infinite time stop that is activated at will and their opponent has no counter for it.

I personally don't think stuff like Power Mimicry is good reasoning. The first three things I mentioned (Precog, Mind Reading, and Sensing) are objectively not good reasoning in this case, specifically because, as I've already said, a character who could experience exactly what Sans was going to do as many times as they liked still couldn't land a hit. This is of course only taking these abilities into account at a basic level and not absolutely ridiculous extents other characters may have.

Probably lots. ovo

Random1201 said:
DS Sonic vs UI Goku: Darkspine Sonic has a handful of powers, the notable of which includes non-combat applicable Reality Warping (or at least not applicable under typical combat situations) and Time Manipulation (Time Stop/Slow) which is an ability Goku specifically has resistance to. Sonic literally had no way to win this.
Can you explain a bit more on why he has no way to win? Cause just because one hax isn't combat applicable and another the opponent is resistant to (an opponent that has little to no hax) it doesn't mean it's a stomp.

I agree with removing he matches that Azzy requested to be removed. His arguments seem pretty solid.

@Glass I also agree with you. Sonic vs UI Goku doesn't need to be removed imo.

@Glassman

Darkspine Sonic literally only has four abilities:

Flight- Goku has this too

Reality Warping- Not combat applicable

Fire Manipulation- Sonic only uses his to enhance striking power which is the equivalent to how Goku uses Chi manipulation. It wouldn't significantly impact the fight at all.

Time Manipulaton- Goku resists his very method of Time Manipulation.

With no useful hax Sonic pretty much only has phyiscal combat to resort to vs. a master martial artist with several decades more combat experience, Instinctive Reactions, Solar Flare, Instant Transmission, Reactive Power level, and afterimage creation. I simply don't see how that match was fair.

Stomp means a character wins without even trying basically; whether it's one shot kill + invulnerability via tier difference, speed blitz, or mind screw,soul destruction, perma timestop, ect. Easy clear cut match =/= stomp thread.

Even if Goku won against Sonic fairly easily, that doesn't necessarily mean he won instantly in his sleep.

I'm aruging that Sonic was literally outclassed in every regard (abilities, experience, skill, Hell Goku is probably at a higher degree of Low 2-C) so the match shouldn't be considered a Notable Victory. There's a glaring difference in hax proficiency that basically results in Sonic having nothing going for him.

The main reason Goku won was because he had the advantage in skill. It wasn't because of better hax, for the most part. It wasn't impossible for Sonic to win, he just wasn't close to being as skilled. Goku's only "hax" just improve his skill, except like Solar Flare.

You also brought up Instant Transmission, but Sonic should also be able to teleport, as he was able to using a fake Chaos Emerald during the battle with Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2.

WeeklyBattles said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1120534
Weiss vs Han - Mainly due to most of the votes using reasoning such as Han using his time manip to slow weiss, which he cant actually do as he only uses his time manip to amp his own speed much like Weiss, his sleep spell, which hasnt shown to work on beings of a comparable level, only weaker beings, and invisibility, which is hard countered by aura senses
May I contest this? There was far more reasoning that this given.

One, spam attacks, literally the first reason given, that Weiss would be overcome by a nigh infinite number of attacks headed her way. This, in addition to Jee-Han's arsenal are the main reasons he won. I believe that this alone should allow this to be reposted.

Two, teleportation and invisibility. No counters were given to such in the thread. And yet even having aura doesn't offer a counter to teleportation.

Three, time manipulation was used to agrue that Weiss' acceleration of her own perception of time, would be countered by the fact that Jee-Han can do the same thing. There was literally no mention, or even hint, that Jee-Han can slow down time in the thread.

Four, Jee-Han's win primarily came from having a much wider arsenal. Looking at the thread blatantly shows such. In particular since Jee-Han can know all of Weiss' abilities with his observe skill. The three reasons mentioned above here are not the primary reason as to Jee-Han's win.

Five, I'm farily certain we have a thing about assuming that hax doesn't work on enemies just because it hasn't shown itself to. The enemies Jee-Han was fighting had mana power comparable to him, simply due to their divine connection to literally thousands upon thousands of people who are part of the church of masks. One could say it's out of character for him to use it on someone of his level, but to imply that it doesn't work when such hasn't been directly shown, is certainly a falacy. And given that they are willing to kill, that gives Jee-Han more of a reason to push for an easy victory using his intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back