• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman vs. Captain Universe Spider-Ma

Basically, Spider-Man really has no hope here and I'll explain why:

1. He's outmuscled. Superman is 615 kilofoe. Spider-Man is < Quasar < heavily restrained Thor, off his game < Silver Surfer (389 kilofoe) =< Thor. So, really, Spidey is gonna have to struggle to do any real damage. This is on top of the fact that Supes does heal/shrugg off minor damage very quickly.

2. Supes resists everything that Spidey brings to the table. Matter Manip? Resisted. Energy Projection? Also resisted. Not too mention that Supes could just phase through anything given that Spidey doesn't have Non-Physical interaction.

3. Spidey also lacks certain abilities in this form as when he was Captain Universe, he hadn't gained them yet. The big one here is Way of the Spider meaning Spidey wouldn't have Pressure Points, Paralysis Inducement and would be way less skilled. IIRC, Spidey hasn't actually been CU in like 30 years...

Really, the matchup is Spidey trying to punch out someone who is really outside his weight class.

The difference seems to be barely over 2x tho. That's not enough to make Sups tank everything Spidey has to offer.

It's not just AP/Dura, though. If it was, I wouldn't be make even talking about this.

It's a combo of the AP/Dura + Regen + Resistances + Phasing.

his fight with Cole Macgrath should be removed since he's 7-A at best, which just means Goku oneshots now.

looking at this fight agai. Mario vs Frank West

It's a range/arsenal/skill stomp. Franks got the obvious arsenal and skills by landslide. And There's like a good hundreds to thousand meter gap in between em. But only Franky boi has range really. So no actually way Mario could really get close or win. So Mario doesn't have any realistic way to win.

Hold up how is Mercury vs Spiderman a stomp?

You even tried to come here saying the reasons were wrong

Doesn't Yang like... one-shot stronger characters than Hiei tho?

Might wanna make a rematch. The thread is really old and nobody seemed to compare them how it should be done.

I'll ask about those with characters I know a bit about.

>Peridot vs Luffy

Nah, he doesn't need it and I'm pretty sure none of us wants to get over this song and dance again.

>Nora vs Josuke

Explain, please. There's almost 200 replies.

>Jaune vs Kuwabara

Oh, I want to hear this one. Explain how two are comparable yet Kuwabara stomps.

>Weiss vs Polnareff

I ask for this cause of the meme

I suppose it's due to "muh Stando powah".

>Nora vs Josuke

Crazy diamond nopes her projectiles and invisibility spams and haxes her in cqc. Just because it has 200 replies doesnt mean it cant be a stomp.

>Jaune vs Kuwabara

My mistake, i misread the profile and thought Kuwabara has dura negation in his 8-C key

>Weiss vs Polnareff

That and the fact that the main argument was that people were claiming that Weiss wouldnt use ranged attacks or elemental attacks against a seemingly unarmed man

What I meant is that I don't want to look after the reasons as why is a stomp. I'm well aware that long threads might be argued for stomps.

But she wouldn't? What's the problem with this?

Because she would? Because she uses elemental and ranged attacks against unarmed oppoinents all the time?

If the match ends up being a win for Pol then the only thing that should be done is to replace the thread's link. The same if Weiss wins, but moving the code from one section to another. It's less troublesome, especially since those threads you're arguing ain't outdated.

The Calaca said:
If the match ends up being a win for Pol then the only thing that should be done is to replace the thread's link. The same if Weiss wins, but moving the code from one section to another. It's less troublesome, especially since those threads you're arguing ain't outdated.
Then do that if its remade but for now it will be removed

doesn't matter, it's a wincon that's possible for Weiss. It's just a decisive win for Kimblee, not a flat out stomp cause Weiss can still do things.

Theglassman12 said:
doesn't matter, it's a wincon that's possible for Weiss. It's just a decisive win for Kimblee, not a flat out stomp cause Weiss can still do things.
By the new rules it is a stomp in kimblee's favor

Which rules are you talking about?

Common Examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
  • One character has more ways to win than the other, but the other character wins more times than not due to matchup specifics that allow/cause them to use their winning move(s) immediately.
If you're talking about the stomp revisions this is literally the description of what Kimblee vs Weiss' match is.

Why wouldn't Weiss be able to one shot him? When she had the speed advantage and a blitz worthy Amp?

By SBA they start 4 km away

Kimblee has a range of tens of kilometers vs Weiss' hundreds of meters

Kimblee's explosions are hundreds of meters to kilometers in range and they dont have a projectile to dodge or even see coming

Kimblee spams explosions in character since he has a philosopher stone

So please explain how this isnt a stomp

Weiss can still oneshot cause he's a glass cannon. Kimblee's durability is wall level at best, AKA he can die easily to a High 8-C attack. That's still a wincon that Weiss has. It would be a stomp if he wasn't a glass cannon and was on her level in terms of durability and can still oneshot.

Being a glass cannon is a poor excuse when they start outside of weiss' range and Weiss would need to cover a significant amount of ground to even have a chance of attacking him before Kimblee basically just raises his hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back