• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzhindzholia said:
My point about Tranks sowrd still stands.

Tranks used SSJ and didn't hold back,Goku used his finger.
It doesn't really stand considering the context behind it and say, when he fought Jeice and Burter, who he knew was trying to kill him and dodged every one of their strikes.

Dzhindzholia said:
My point about Tranks sowrd still stands.
Tranks used SSJ and didn't hold back,Goku used his finger.
Once again, Goku know SSJ; he saw what Trunks did before and felt absolutly no intent to actualy harm him, the situation has nothing to do with an actual fight to the death.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Trunks sword doesn't have Spatial Manipulation like Vergil's Yamato
Doesn't matter. Just moments prior, Trunks asked how Goku knew that Trunks didn't want to kill him and Goku said he sensed that Trunks had no evil intent towards his movements. That statement still stands as Goku was stronger than Trunks at that time and Trunks literally gave Goku a warning that he won't be holding back for the next few strikes (Which Goku would've sensed since... he can sense ki). It was for Goku to display his power (Which did impress Trunks) and to show how Goku's grown as a character (Sensing his opponent's intentions well before he himself takes action).

Plus Goku and Trunks wasn't even a sparring match let alone a "battle" like it is here. Trunks was testing Goku and Goku already knew of Trunks' intentions.

So no Dzhindzholia, that is not evidence that Goku blocks attacks willy nilly like you say he does.

Tony di bugalu said:
Goku has BFR too now, with IT, it was accepted on another thread.
That's like the most OoC move ever, he ondlyy did it once.
That's because Goku never had a reason except then, all his opponents accepted to fight away from civilisation and none of them really had an interest in destroying earth, the one time it was usefull, he immeditaly did it.

Tony di bugalu said:
Goku has BFR too now, with IT, it was accepted on another thread.
That's like the most OoC move ever, he ondlyy did it once.
This statement probably comes from lack of context in the series. Again.

He only did it to Cell because it would've blown up Earth. He had no way to know that Cell would both regen from it AND learn IT from it as well.

Against Buu, he would've inevitably shown up again. He needed to defeat Buu, not BFR him. BFR would almost ensure Buu would return one day. And against Super Buu or Kid Buu, they could teleport themselves. IT BFR would do nothing.

Beerus is so far out of Goku's league that he would've never gotten the chance to use IT BFR, and as a SSG he was being trained by Beerus throughout their battle.

Goku Black copies Goku's techniques so Goku uses IT, Goku Black learns it.

and attempting to BFR everyone from the arena in the ToP is a fairly terrible idea seeing as many of his opponents are unknowns who can possibly lolnope him, getting himself BFR'd.

AKM sama said:
All finite things have a boundary. That's why they are finite.
Just to remind you the map of the DB universe doesn't even appear to be flat to begin with

Assuming a finite universe, the universe can either have an edge or no edge. Many finite mathematical spaces, e.g., a disk, have an edge or boundary. Spaces that have an edge are difficult to treat, both conceptually and mathematically. Namely, it is very difficult to state what would happen at the edge of such a universe. For this reason, spaces that have an edge are typically excluded from consideratio.

However, there exist many finite spaces, such as the 3-sphere and 3-torus, which have no edges. Mathematically, these spaces are referred to as being compact without boundary. The term compact basically means that it is finite in extent ("bounded") and complete. The term "without boundary" means that the space has no edges. Moreover, so that calculus can be applied, the universe is typically assumed to be a differentiable manifold.

JackJoyce said:
AKM sama said:
All finite things have a boundary. That's why they are finite.
Just to remind you the map of the DB universe doesn't even appear to be flat to begin with
Assuming a finite universe, the universe can either have an edge or no edge. Many finite mathematical spaces, e.g., a disk, have an edge or boundary. Spaces that have an edge are difficult to treat, both conceptually and mathematically. Namely, it is very difficult to state what would happen at the edge of such a universe. For this reason, spaces that have an edge are typically excluded from consideratio.

However, there exist many finite spaces, such as the 3-sphere and 3-torus, which have no edges. Mathematically, these spaces are referred to as being compact without boundary. The term compact basically means that it is finite in extent ("bounded") and complete. The term "without boundary" means that the space has no edges. Moreover, so that calculus can be applied, the universe is typically assumed to be a differentiable manifold.
Pretty sure Sera noted the mortal universe to be flat and contained within a spherical structure. But that's for another day.

Akreious said:
Dante Demon Killah said:
Trunks sword doesn't have Spatial Manipulation like Vergil's Yamato
Doesn't matter. Just moments prior, Trunks asked how Goku knew that Trunks didn't want to kill him and Goku said he sensed that Trunks had no evil intent towards his movements. That statement still stands as Goku was stronger than Trunks at that time and Trunks literally gave Goku a warning that he won't be holding back for the next few strikes (Which Goku would've sensed since... he can sense ki). It was for Goku to display his power (Which did impress Trunks) and to show how Goku's grown as a character (Sensing his opponent's intentions well before he himself takes action).
Plus Goku and Trunks wasn't even a sparring match let alone a "battle" like it is here. Trunks was testing Goku and Goku already knew of Trunks' intentions.

So no Dzhindzholia, that is not evidence that Goku blocks attacks willy nilly like you say he does.

"Doesn't matter"

Yamato can bypass durability thanks to the Spatial Manipulation, Goku can't just block with his hand, unless he have Resistance

Dude, actualy read what people say before responding.

Also Yamato doesn't constantly use it's spatial manipulation, it's almost exlusively for the JC and other ranged slash.

Uhh...dude, I read your post, I'm just saying that Goku can't physically block, I know that he'll try to dodge instead of blocking

While using Spatial Manipulation, Yamato bypasses durability with physical attacks aswell

Dante Demon Killah said:
Uhh...dude, I read your post, I'm just saying that Goku can't physically block, I know that he'll try to dodge instead of blocking
While using Spatial Manipulation, Yamato bypasses durability with physical attacks aswell
That's why i said 'almost exclusively'

Tony di bugalu said:
It has never been explicity stated that they need to use JC to negate dura, heck, look at that scene when Yamato pierced Nero's arm, thing that (a casual) Dante didn't even scratched with a stinger.

Look at that Arkham cutscene, he didn't use any JC yet he completly cut his arm and at some distance too.
Just stop with that "Yamato can't cut if he doesn't use JC". As for the match, I lost interest, I will keep lurking tho.

Tony di bugalu said:
Tony di bugalu said:
It has never been explicity stated that they need to use JC to negate dura, heck, look at that scene when Yamato pierced Nero's arm, thing that (a casual) Dante didn't even scratched with a stinger.

Look at that Arkham cutscene, he didn't use any JC yet he completly cut his arm and at some distance too.
Just stop with that "Yamato can't cut if he doesn't use JC". As for the match, I lost interest, I will keep lurking tho.
Anything in both Dante and Virgil ,and even LADY of all people, 's arsenal can **** up Arkham to at least some extent, Virgil just cut up the guy, there was no need for space manipulation, we clearly see the difference between when he use it and when he doesn't in the final fight with Dante.

I see you aren't getting what I'm saying and you didn't watch thw video I linked. I'm talking about Blob Arkham, the one who took on Dante and was winning while Dante was somewhat tired untile Vergil got there and cut his whole arm off and they proceeded to ******** him.

Also, can you show me a cutscene where he uses it? Because IIRC the video I linked is the only showing of Yamato negating Dura in dmc3.

(Apart from Beowulf)

Tony di bugalu said:
I see you aren't getting what I'm saying and you didn't watch thw video I linked. I'm talking about Blob Arkham, the one who took on Dante and was winning while Dante was somewhat tired untile Vergil got there and cut his whole arm off and they proceeded to ******** him.
I know it's blob Arkham, that's why i said 'even freaking Lady', because even her Bazooka does damage to Blob Arkham when you use it, Arkham wasn't Mundus or that giant Angel statue, he had no particular durability, just a shit lot of uncontroled power.

Shown me a cutscene where Dante or Lady are able to hurt Arkham with the Bazooka, oh wait, you can't because these are game mechanics and even then Dante is able to channel his powers thru the weapons he uses (Ebony & Ivory, Coyote A, Spiral, Kalina Ann, etc) making them more effective.

Also, you don't need to be a God among demons to have great power, I could list half of the bosses as proof.

Also, In b4 Lady takes on Blob Akrham because he Bazooka does damage in gameplay.

Tony di bugalu said:
Shown me a cutscene where Dante or Lady are able to hurt Arkham with the Bazooka, oh wait, you can't because these are game mechanics and even then Dante is able to channel his powers thru the weapons he uses (Ebony & Ivory, Coyote A, Spiral, Kalina Ann, etc) making them more effective.
Also, you don't need to be a God among demons to have great power, I could list half of the bosses as proof.

Also, In b4 Lady takes on Blob Akrham because he Bazooka does damage in gameplay.
Show me a cut scene of Arkham no selling everything Dante throw at him, Arkham has no specific 'i am indestructible' durability, he was stronger than Dante but not on the level of 'oh ! Virgil cut him up, he MUST be using durability negation !'

I don't get what it has to do with what i said.

Lady would lose but it's clear in DMC3 that she would at least hurt him, it wouldn't be like Nappa vs Chaozu where Arkham doesn't even feel the attack.

Just watch the video, Arkham was going to kill Dante then vergil cuts his arm, Arkham notes that what Dante is doing is useless and even Vergil mocks Dante for doing nothing against him.

If you don't get it it's not my problem.

That one was a joke but going by your response I see you really think that Lady would even scratch Arkham with that thing.

Tony di bugalu said:
Just watch the video, Arkham was going to kill Dante then vergil cuts his arm, Arkham notes that what Dante is doing is useless and even Vergil mocks Dante for doing nothing against him.
If you don't get it it's not my problem.

That one was a joke but going by your response I see you really think that Lady would even scratch Arkham with that thing.
Litteraly every single boss of DMC throw that kind of line, obviously Arkham think it's useless, he is a bad guy and he is winning and Virgil taunting Dante is nothing new.

Nah, i think you just missread what i said so your point had nothing to do with what i said.

Obviously she could do scratch damage, just nothing that actualy matters, DMC isn't DBZ, weapons do works on demons, even the strong ones, just not enough to matter, we saw that Lady's weapon were actualy working multiple time and once again, Blob Arkham was powerfull but he wasn't Mundus who was like 'lol nope' at everything that wasn't Dante.

Just want to point out you can literally block yamato in dmc5 with royal guard.

Every single attack from it

Paul Frank said:
Just want to point out you can literally block yamato in dmc5 with royal guard.Every single attack from it
That's because Royal guard is the equivalent of Dante going martial artist and blocking the blade by catching it with both hand from the side or just plain deviating it, at least that's how it's supposed to be in-universe.

Kinda like that : https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bare_handed_blade_block.jpg

Which Goku should be able to do now that i think about it so yeah, it just widen the gap in favor of Goku.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Royal Guard the equivalent of Dante going Martial Arts... Are you honestly serious?
Outside of the dreadnought and release stuff, that's litteraly what he does on screen when i played the game.

Paul Frank said:
Just want to point out you can literally block yamato in dmc5 with royal guard.

Every single attack from it
How many times do I have to say that Dante is the only one cuz he has resistance to Yamato with RG and Rebellion, heck he even absorbed Rebellio

Schnee One said:
Question
Has anyone brought up that Vergil has Mid Regen?
Not relevant, the AP gap is so large any attack from Goku will dust Virgil entirely if it even vaguely touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back