• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
That's not abusing cancels, it's literally an intended mechanic with Vergil. Vergil doesn't have to stop and get into a certain position for a couple of seconds to do JC.He can do it instantly, on ground or in the air.
he litteraly doesn't, we litteraly see him get into his position every single time, it's just less exxgerated than in DMC3 but it's still a clear tell and there is a clear delay and he can't do them while moving either, hell, even at the fastest, you can see the blade shine before he does it. and everytime he does it as something other than a follow up to other move, he does the overexaggerated thing from DMC3.

And if it's enough of a tell for me to see while just watching on youtube, you can be sure it will be enough of a tell for Goku.

And as the video show, Virgil can't just go from 0 to a quick JC, if he just open with a JC, he does the overexaggerated version.

So even if we say it's not cancels abuse, he still has to go into position and stop moving, the position and all is just much shorter if Virgil is already swinging / doing a combo.

and the move has multiple obvious tells that any skilled opponent can pick on.

Ok my bad on the whole "statrs with blocking thing". First thing I thought of when I saw this matchup was Trunks testing goku after he landed back on earth, and my brain kinda shutdown for some reason.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
The *flash* is only for the player to get the timing right for JC and it only appears when the JC already happens when you fight him in DMC3 and 5 proving that it's just a signal for the player in DMC4. https://youtu.be/dCZ-BVKgszw?t=73 Yeah look at this clear delay and look at Vergil definitely not moving while doing JC's here https://youtu.be/EoACTZLM_Qo?t=214
It litteraly appear as blue flame on the blade, it's a visual tell for the player but it's still a visual tell in universe too, lots of games have that.

Your video litteraly just show what i said.

Also isn't Virgil just a DLC character that doesn't appear in the story in DMC4 ?

That's not the same move, Virgil isn't using his space cutting stuff here, he is just going around slashing super fast normaly, hell, as you see, Virgil isn't even on screen until the move end, unlike JC, which doesn't even have invincibility frame in DMC5 IIRC.

@Dragomer

No, the blue flame on the sheath when doing judgement cut is non-existent in DMC 3 and 5 when you fight Vergil, it only appears in DMC4 when you play as him.

And No, you see the Judgement cut effects and hear the JC sounds, that's not jus slashing super fast (well technically it is but with JC) , Vergil's regular slashes do not cause those effects or sounds.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
No the blue flame when doing judgement cut is non existent in DMC 3 and 5, it only appears in DMC4 when you play as him.

And No, you see the Judgement cut effects and hear the JC sounds, that's not jus slashing super fast (well technically it is but with JC) , Vergil's regular slashes do not cause those effects.
And in DMC3, Virgil is litteraly obligated to do the whole pose unless there is some combo stuff i missed.

Nope, it litteraly appear on the blade on DMC5, in your own video, it's quick but it's there.

It isn't, they don't even really look the same and Virgil is clearly doing a very different move and multiple moves have this sound effect, if anything this sound effect is more of the general 'slash super fast' sound effect than the JC's specific sound effect

Neither JC nor his regular moves make Virgil invisible either, it's clearly a seperated move.

Dragomer said:
And in DMC3, Virgil is litteraly obligated to do the whole pose unless there is some combo stuff i missed.

Nope, it litteraly appear on the blade on DMC5, in your own video, it's quick but it's there.

It isn't, they don't even really look the same and Virgil is clearly doing a very different move and multiple moves have this sound effect.

Neither JC nor his regular moves make Virgil invisible either, it's clearly a seperated move.
A visually non threatening pose when taking account distant from opponent that he can do instantly even when facing opponents comparable to him in speed and wether or not he is in the air or on the ground.

Oh you're talking about that, I already said that doesn't even matter it only appears after the attack is launched so what good will it do if Goku notices, it's like focusing on someones trigger finger after the bullet is shot and coming at you,

.You're not gonna win this argument.You claim Vergil can't do JC while moving and I just showed you that he can, doesn't matter if the move is called something else he's still doing Judgement cuts while moving, this is undeniable.Provide proof that multiple moves have the JC sound effect and even if you could (which I doubt), it doesn't matter because we visually see the JC effects accompanying the JC sounds which is proof enough that those are JC.

Doesn't matter, he's moving while doing JC's which you said he couldn't do.

Dienomite22 said:
Dragomer said:

It isn't, they don't even really look the same and Virgil is clearly doing a very different move and multiple moves have this sound effect.

A visually non threatening pose when taking account distant from opponent that he can do instantly even when facing opponents comparable to him in speed and wether or not he is in the air or on the ground.
Oh you're talking about that, I already said that doesn't even matter it only appears after the attack is launched so what good will it do if Goku notices, it's like focusing on someones trigger finger after the bullet is shot and coming at you,

.You're not gonna win this argument.You claim Vergil can't do JC while moving and I just showed you that he can, doesn't matter if the move is called something else he's still doing Judgement cuts while moving, this is undeniable and provide proof that multiple moves have the JC sound affect and even if you could (which I doubt), it doesn't matter because we visually see the JC effects with accompanying the JC sounds which is proof enough that those are JC.

Doesn't matter, he's moving while doing JC's which you said he couldn't do.
Sorry but a sword starting to flame while the guy get into position to draw it before slashing and sheating it is very threatening and Goku dodged an attack that Beerus THOUGH of doing so clearly Goku can see when someone is trying to **** him up.

It only does damage after the attack appear, what's more Goku will be obviously dodging when he see the obvious tell, he won't wait for Vergil to be sheating his sword, it's not even like JC is a one shot attack, it ignore conventional durability, yes but the cuts aren't all that profound and it's not like it dismember those who get killed by it., it's a death by a thousand cut kind of attack.

I already won it dude, i'm litteraly just claiming what everyone can see on the very video you've shown.

It's the 'super fast slashing' generic sound effect, not the JC specific sound effect dude.

Except he isn't, it's not even a JC and in the very video you've linked, Virgil is 100% of the time not moving and in position while doing JC.

Goku will have litteraly turned Virgil into a red mist before he can end the overexaggerated version, will have red misted him before he can even get to the move itself if he try the faster mid combo version and even if Virgil can pull it off without being red misted, Goku has a very good chance of just dodging it, much better than Virgil has to dodge a 'Goku time' or a kiai or any of Goku's attack that can be turned into homing attack at will.

Without forgetting that Goku can fly, you know, that's a pretty big advantage.

@Dragomer

Post a time stamp of the flame appearing before the JC has already been activated.

The attack teleports, bypasses Goku's durability, does damage that Goku can't regenerate from, is bigger than Goku meaning it would consume his whole body, eveyone agrees that this would one-shot Goku .Show me an instance where Goku faced someone with an attack similiar in appearance and properties that he has countered.

No, you literally are just arguing against visual and audible proof.

Answer these questions about that DMC3 link,

Is Vergil moving?

Is Vergil also doing cutting dimension(JC)?

If your answer is anything other than yes then you would just be flat out lying.

"Except he isn't, it's not even a JC and in the very video you've linked, Virgil is 100% of the time not moving and in position while doing JC." Wrong, you're thinking of JC as in a move and not cutting dimensions, I'm talking about cutting dimension when speaking of JC.Vergil can do the dimensional cutting (aka JC) while moving as shown in the DMC3 video.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
Post a time stamp of the flame appearing before the JC has already been activated.

The attack teleports, bypasses Goku's durability, does damage that Goku can't regenerate from, is bigger than Goku meaning it would consume his whole body, eveyone agrees that this would one-shot Goku .Show me an instance where Goku faced someone with an attack similiar in appearance and properties that he has countered.

No, you literally are just arguing against visual and audible proof.

Answer these questions about that DMC3 link,

Is Vergil moving?

Is Vergil also doing cutting dimension(JC)?

If your answer is anything other than yes then you would just be flat out lying.

"Except he isn't, it's not even a JC and in the very video you've linked, Virgil is 100% of the time not moving and in position while doing JC." Wrong, you're thinking of JC as in a move and not cutting dimensions, I'm talking about cutting dimension when speaking of JC.Vergil can do the dimensional cutting (aka JC) while moving as shown in the DMC3 video.
Then i'd stamp the whole video, it appear almost every time.

The attack appear after obvious tells of Virgil litteraly slashing in front of him and doesn't do anything before being clearly visible, if anything it's easier to deal with than the attack Goku usual face or a normal slash from Virgil, because at least the damage don't happen after Virgil already finished his slash and sheated his sword.

It would consume jackshit, JC never did more than shallow cuts.

Everyone agreed earth was flat, it being popular isn't an argument.

Yeah, Goku would be cut up pretty bad if the attack touched, big whoop, he fough with a arm sized hole in his body.

Also JC is almost impossible to pull off against opponent that never stop moving around and is downright useless if your opponent is in CAC range, two thing Goku would probably be unless he just red mist Virgil with a Kiai as an opening move, which is faster and invisible so Virgil wouldn't even know there is an attack.

Nope, i'm using obvious fact within your own links to debunk your argument, you're the one trying to say that what we see on screen is wrong.

Yes, he is moving.

No, he isn't.

disagreeing with your obviously false argument =/= lying

Except he isn't, that's litteraly just the representation of him slashing super fast, he only ever cut dimension when doing his 'ranged' slashes and here he is clearly not doing anything ranged, he is just going super fast with his sword drawn

@Dragomer

Linking is easy and if the proof is so abundant and obvious then you should be able to post an example.

The attack teleports ontop of the enemy, all Goku would see is a guy unsheathing and sheathing his sword.

Post proof

Terrible comparison

Except the attack slices space itself with everything in it (which would include all of Goku's vitals).

Once again you're denying the visual and audible evidence and thinking JC is just a move.

Vergil can cut space while moving, provide proof that he can't.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
Linking is easy and if the proof is so abundant and obvious then you should be able to post an example.

The attack teleports ontop of the enemy, all Goku would see is a guy unsheathing and sheathing his sword.

Post proof

Terrible comparison

Except the attack slices space itself with everything in it (which would include all of Goku's vitals).

Once again you're denying the visual and audible evidence and thinking JC is just a move.

Vergil can cut space while moving, provide proof that he can't.
I'm not gonna timestamp every single try the dude does in a video you already linked.

And Goku know it's an attack, because everyone would, it's pretty obvious., so he dodge and even if he doesn't think about it, he'll just dodge on reflex like against Beerus, without forgetting that Goku actualy has a larger time frame to dodge than an normal slash of Virgil, hell, all the JC slashes don't even appear at the same time.

Proof of what ? Virgil's JC doesn't shallow cut ? just look at every single game, it never dismember anyone.

No, it's a good comparison.

No, it cut space where it appear, nowhere else and Virgil will have a hard time putting his sword in Goku's organ to cut them up when the only way he can get to them would be to carve Goku alive.

Nope, i'm using visual and audible evidence to show you're wrong, you're just trying to claim that the general 'super fast slash' sound effect is JC's specific sound effect, which is not true.

Virgil can't cut space while moving, your video prove it, litteraly every single try has Virgil be immobile, even when he does the air version.

and once again, JC is almost impossible to pull off against opponent that never stop moving around and is downright useless if your opponent is in CAC range, two thing Goku would probably be unless he just red mist Virgil with a Kiai as an opening move, which is faster and invisible so Virgil wouldn't even know there is an attack.

And once again, we're ignore that every single thing Goku does would instantly kill Virgil and Goku has both the range advantage and can fly.

@Dragomer

Just one or two would've been be enough but that seems to be too much.

Vergil faced Dante who can dodge on reflex and instinctually, doesn't matter, also Summon Swords and Doppelganger who can do everything he can.

I did and didn't find a single example where it only did shallow cuts.

Exclusively to you.

It will appear right where Goku is.

No, I'm claiming this and this are is the same and Vergil is doing the first thing while moving, prove that that isn't happening and that what is happening in the first link isn't JC.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
Just one or two would've been be enough but that seems to be too much.

Vergil faced Dante who can dodge on reflex and instinctually, doesn't matter, also Summon Swords and Doppelganger who can do everything he can.

I did and didn't find a single example where it only did shallow cuts.

Exclusively to you.

It will appear right where Goku is.

No, I'm claiming this and this are is the same, prove that it isn't.
It litteraly happen at the very first freaking try of the video, dude.

And Dante beat his ass and JC wasn't even usefull against him, Virgil's normal slash and Beowulf worked better.

If he use doppelganger or summon sword, he instantly lose because Goku will do an AOE to counter it and Virgil get red misted.

Litteraly everytime it's used, when it doesn't just whiff.

Nope, i don't see how obvious fact can be exclusive to me.

It won't, it will appear a few meter away from where Virgil slashed

Easy, the effect is clearly different, the super speed one doesn't have the big wave the standing one has, clearly indicating which one is cutting dimension.

Ye, but he lost one arm thanks to Yamato, I even linked the video, Dienomite linked another video showing it does more than "shallow cuts".

Tony di bugalu said:
Ye, but he lost one arm thanks to Yamato, I even linked the video, Dienomite linked another video showing it does more than "shallow cuts".
There is a difference between Yamato and JC, Virgil goes for his normal slash when he want to bisect something or remove limbs.

JC is litteraly death by a thousand cuts, in both appareance and effect on the ennemies.

@Dragomer

No, it doesn't unless I'm blind and once again a simple link could prove you're right but you can't provide it.

DMC5 Dante the one Vergil stalemated has intinctive reactions not DMC3 Dante the one who kicked Vergil's ass.

Not if it's from range.

Okay then provide examples, you can't and you were already proven wrong on this.

Somehow you're just woke and more enlighten than 99% of the users then.

No, DMC3, 4 and 5 prove that it doesn't.

Nope, same purple dimensional cut effect for both and same dimensional cutting sound for both.You can't argue against this.Since you can't seem to agree with something so obvious I'll just drop this and let the votes decide.

No, the sword is described as a weapon that ignores conventional durability without using JC, examples of this are the Arkham feat, the devil bringer IIRC and I dunno, Sanctus?

Vergil doesn't need to use JC to win here, just one slash with Yamato is enough to bisect Goku..

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
No, it doesn't unless I'm blind and once again a simple link could prove you're right but you can't provide it.

DMC5 Dante the one Vergil stalemated has intinctive reactions not DMC3 Dante the one who kicked Vergil's ass.

Not if it's from range.

Okay then provide examples, you can't and you were already proven wrong on this.

Somehow you're just woke and more enlighten than 99% of the users then.

No, DMC3, 4 and 5 prove that it doesn't.

Nope, same purple dimensional cut effect for both and same dimensional cutting sound for both.You can't argue against this.Since you can't seem to agree with something so obvious I'll just drop this and let the votes decide.
Okay, dude, i'll do better and less of a pain than a timestamp and post a screenshot, okay ? here : https://ibb.co/PMmwS3F

So JC can be overcome even with instinctive reaction, because Virgil already had that move in DMC3 so if anything it's a good point for me.

Goku has more range than Virgil, by like a stupid ammount.

99% of the users didn't participate nor give a shit about this thread, dude.

Nope, they don't as i'v already explained.

except that said purple effect is exclusive to DMC3 and once again, the sound effect is just super fast slashing, if both were dimension cutting, we'd see the big slash wave in both but we don't.

Yes, i can argue against it, i just did.

It's maybe obvious to you but to me it's mostly bulshit.

Tony di bugalu said:
No, the sword is described as a weapon that ignores conventional durability without using JC, examples of this are the Arkham feat, the devil bringer IIRC and I dunno, Sanctus?
Vergil doesn't need to use JC to win here, just one slash with Yamato is enough to bisect Goku..
Yamato use spatial cut to ignore conventional durability and spatial cuts = JC, otherwise Yamato would have cut through Rebellion a long ******* time ago.

@Dragomer

This is my final reply to you

1.Literally didn't prove anything.Already told you that blue flame on the sheath before a JC only appears in DMC4 when you play as Vergil.DMC 3 and 5 Vergil only has the blue sheath AFTER the JC is already shot off, proving DMC4's blue sheath before JC is just a timing indicator for the player.

2.No, it just proves Vergil is skillfull enough that he can JC someone even with instinctive reactions.

3.Ok.Don't care

4.But all the ones here disagree with you on this particular point.

5.You can claim that but you didn't.

6.The example I provided of Vergil using JC while stationary and moving are both from DMC3 so it doesn't matter if the effects are exclusive, that's why I only posted the example from 1 game.

7.You can argue with yourself then on this.

8.That's fine but at least provide real reasons next time.

Tony di bugalu said:
Dante has resistance to Spatial manip with Rebellion and he should have it with Royal guard too, I don't see your point.
That's my point, the 'cut anything despite durability' come from the spatial manipulation, Rebellion resist that so it doesn't get cut.

The durability negation come from the spatial thing.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dragomer
This is my final reply to you

1.Literally didn't prove anything.Already told you that blue flame on the sheath before a JC only appears in DMC4 when you play as Vergil.DMC 3 and 5 Vergil only has the blue sheath AFTER the JC is already shot off, proving DMC4's blue sheath before JC is just a timing indicator for the player.

2.No, it just proves Vergil is skillfull enough that he can JC someone even with instinctive reactions.

3.Ok.Don't care

4.But all the ones here disagree with you on this particular point.

5.You can claim that but you didn't.

6.The example I provided of Vergil using JC while stationary and moving are both from DMC3 so it doesn't matter if the effects are exclusive, that's why I only posted the example from 1 game.

7.You can argue with yourself then on this.

8.That's fine but at least provide real reasons next time.
Everything is just timing indication for the player, it still happen in universe, pal and we already went over this.

Except he didn't, since he got his ass kicked before Dante even had it.

first, no, not everyone and second, why should i care ? everyone in a thread can be wrong.

Because it wasn't relevant since we weren't comparing it before ?

except that once again, one is JC and the other isn't and litteraly every other exemple of JC force Virgil to stay put, as the gameplay video you've shown prove.

That's your point so i'm arguing it with you.

I already provided my reason.

I know, but it has never been explicity stated that they need to use JC to negate dura, heck, look at that scene when Yamato pierced Nero's arm, thing that (a casual) Dante didn't even scratched with a stinger.

Look at that Arkham cutscene, he didn't use any JC yet he completly cut his arm and at some distance too.

And lastly, Dante has Resistance to Spatial Manipulation, it means that he (with Rebellion and Royal Guard) can tank the attacks from Yamato without having any problem so I still don't see your point.

Vergil gets it via Yamato,Judgment Cut,Teleportatoin and Regenerationn.

Honestly I don't get where this 200x above baseline 3-A comes from but it doesn't even matter in this fight.Vergil just cuts through Goku like a hot knife through butter.Knowing Goku he may try to block it.

"Honestly I don't get where this 200x above baseline 3-A comes from but it doesn't even matter in this fight.Vergil just cuts through Goku like a hot knife through butter.Knowing Goku he may try to block it."

It comes from calcs.

Dragon Ball Earth, according to the Universal Map, is at the edge of the Universe. Goku and Beerus' 3 punches would've destroyed the entire universe, which includes the Mortal Universe, Afterlife, and Heaven/Kaio Realm. Which basically amounts to 2.5x our Universe in size.

The latter of what I said is already 10x Baseline, but factoring in the fact that the event occurs at the edge of the universe bumps the AP to 220x Baseline.

Also you assertion that Goku would try and block it is... almost completely false. Goku has never been one to attempt to block an attack if he can help it, case in point literally any time he fights someone weaker than him.

If he senses that Vergil is not worth his time, Goku would straight KO him as he's not a Saiyan or someone of great potential like Caulifla and Kale who did in fact jump massive leaps in power in a very short amount of time. Any other scenario is literally Goku being nice during a sparring match; never a willing to kill match like it is in here.

Actually Goku has had a record of just KOing people not worth his time. Recoome is the biggest prey to this. And all the way back in Dragon Ball, he has multiple times just went "no u" against his opponent, completely bypassing their attacks and 1-shotting them. Notably King Chappa, Pamput and Fake Lee. All of whom had no chance to attack or tried to attack once only for Goku to sidestep them and insta-KO them.

As we have yet to establish that Vergil has anywhere near the AP for Goku to say "He might be worth even a sliver of a good time!", Goku would, IC, Instant Transmission behind him and KO him before proceeding to go home.

As far as I remember we consider Afterlife and Kaio Realm as parts of the normal size of the universe.

but factoring in the fact that the event occurs at the edge of the universe bumps the AP to 220x Baseline.

I don't get it honestly,we give baseline 3-A for destroying the universe,how can the place of the initial impact affect the result,I would've undestand if it was the planet or solar system,but the universe is a bit different,I may not know some things.Is there a thread where it was discussed or a calculation?

Also you assertion that Goku would try and block it is... almost completely false. Goku has never been one to attempt to block an attack if he can help it, case in point literally any time he fights someone weaker than him.

He blocked Tranks's sword with a finger.

Dzhindzholia said:
Vergil gets it via Yamato,Judgment Cut,Teleportatoin and Regenerationn.
Honestly I don't get where this 200x above baseline 3-A comes from but it doesn't even matter in this fight.Vergil just cuts through Goku like a hot knife through butter.Knowing Goku he may try to block it.
No, he get its via spatial manipulation, otherwise Rebellion would have durability negation resistance or would have been cut, so no, he only negate durability with JC and we already established it won't save him as it has no chance to actualy land and even if it did, it's not an insta kill.

Goku can teleport too and Regenerationn won't help when anything Goku does, including just powering up his aura, will red mist Virgil.

Dzhindzholia said:
As far as I remember we consider Afterlife and Kaio Realm as parts of the normal size of the universe.
but factoring in the fact that the event occurs at the edge of the universe bumps the AP to 220x Baseline.

I don't get it honestly,we give baseline 3-A for destroying the universe,how can the place of the initial impact affect the result,I would've undestand if it was the planet or solar system,but the universe is a bit different,I may not know some things.Is there a thread where it was discussed or a calculation?

He blocked Tranks's sword with a finger.
Because he knew that Trunks had no ill intention and no evil ki, Goku can sense that and he litteraly had already seen what Trunks's sword could do, try again.

" I don't get it honestly,we give baseline 3-A for destroying the universe,how can the place of the initial impact affect the result,I would've undestand if it was the planet or solar system,but the universe is a bit different,I may not know some things.Is there a thread where it was discussed or a calculation? "

you should ask AKM Sama, he was the one who made the blog so he probably knows

Baseline 3-A is for destroying the observable universe from the center using an omnidirectional attack. If you destroy the same universe from it's edge, the yield would obviously increase because the distance the omnidirectional attack needs to cover would also increase.

The original calc for this was done by Assalt and the value came out to be 4-5x for just the mortal universe. But since the DB universe size was updated after that, it increased to 110x including other realms as well.

All finite things have a boundary. That's why they are finite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back