• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
(Spoilers)

Hi there, I just kindly wanted to suggest a upgrade for Vergil due to what was witnessed during the events of the game.

https://youtu.be/GPc6dHTx8r4

If you watch the link above (0:40 to 2:10) Vergil is actually Urizen, whom was capable of creating the Qliphoth tree. The tree is capable of housing many demons (Thus giving Vergil the ability of creation.) This also may give Vergil the ability of soul or mind separation with yamato sword as well.

Urizen was also capable of easily defeating devil trigger Dante (whom was classed as At least Multi-continent level.) This likely may put Vergil at Moon level, especially given the size of the tree in the link below:

https://youtu.be/_yKs6ierVFA (Skip to 3:40 to 3:55)

Of course I'm not suggesting it's moon sized but some evidence is better than none.

Also, Vergil can create illusions (Link below) (3:00 to 5:10)

https://youtu.be/W2ISlCscIYs

So feel free to comment below and let me know if I'm wrong or somehow misguided. Thank you all very much for your thoughts/contributions!

I didn't notice that actually. Thanks for pointing that out! But perhaps this may give Dante is upgrade again due to scaling to Vergil (Because of the size of the tree that Urizen created and Dante was capable of defeating him in a rematch. Me personally think it looks somewhere tier 6.)

TenshinG,

Yes, I actually almost forgot about the anime, thank you! Also,how do you feel about the feats Vergil has displayed, does it seem compelling to you?

Spoilers below

Someone should calculate how big Qliphoth is, it's way above the clouds when it reaches its full size. And since the fruit that Urizen eats has more power than the entirety of the tree, it should scale to him somehow.

LordNephalem,

Yes, exactly what I was thinking, do you by any chance know anyone capable of calculating the feat? Given the information that you've told me as well, Urizen should definitely land in Large island level terrain. Thanks.

Something Interesting I found while playing through is that the game referenced Beryl from the DMC2 novel. I guess its canon as well?

Lmao

Yeah the character Beryl, is referenced in a scene. Dante finds a magazine with a woman on the cover and it says "Beryl", so the connection is pretty obvious. Honestly not surprized, as Itsuno has hinted at being canon for a while, and made references to the novels through the series.

In the end Awakened Nero > Vergil = Awakened Dante

and Yamato also had this strange power, separating human and devil sides from a single body, a conceptual manipulation perhaps?

Lady-Trish friendship (since 4) and Patty's existence in DMC 5 pretty much confirmed the canonity of the anime

Skylietz,

The yamato separation was what I was trying to figure out, I thought it was soul/mind manipulation, but conceptual manipulation sounds about right.

RebubleUselet,

Code:
Yes, definitely conceptual manipulation when I looked at the video again. It's the only thing that makes sense. Especially the fact that V shared a different appearance (which shows its a metaphysical level of separation and not straight forward).
Code:
Then again, it could be just mind manipulation because Vergil human side also sounds like a state of mind that he can achieve, and by separating out that part of his mind, he can now function properly as a full demon. It's kind of like a athlete the wants to be in great shape, but first, he must be rid of his fat-self (which is part of his inner consciousness and it has prevented him from staying in shape).

But concept manipulation sounds more cooler though....

Alright, I did some research, and here's what I got.

If I got that scan from DMC3 manga right, demons take shape after their "names". If I remember correctly, Sparda was also said to be capable of removing other demons' powers by taking their "names" away. So demons overall are likely an abstract concept.

Touhou Project and Bleach seem to have similar thing going on, so I think it's justified. As of the type, I think Type 4 is the best bet, as "demons" do not seem to be a concept that governs reality

Wait. If Mundus can remove the "names", depending on what that entails exactly, wouldn't that be Information Manipulation at worst, and Conceptual Manipulation at best?

Ogbunabali said:
Wait. If Mundus can remove the "names", depending on what that entails exactly, wouldn't that be Information Manipulation at worst, and Conceptual Manipulation at best?
Again, Conceptual Manipulation applies to these two verses I brought up, and their case seems to be similar to what we have.

Ogbunabali said:
Bleach has Conceptual Manip in the similar way with Ichibe so yep.

Oh and I forgot to include that Urizen has time stop, barrier creation, forcefields, Explosion manipulation and danmaku.

AogiriKira said:
They should have been able to tbh. Characters from the previous games have resistance to time manip
Because back then they were the ones activating it not the ones being in the receving end of it and time manip was barely touched upon and has shown in the new DmC Dante,V,Nero and Vergil are shown that they can be caught in each others time slow in V's case it was against Cavalier Angelo.

But there time manip seem to have a range where if you are outside of it you won't be caught.

Also judgment cut causes time stops has shown in the final fight against daddy vergil so only vergil has it but nero and dantes time slow have a wayyyyyyyy bigger range limite (especialy if dante uses his sin devil triger form) no idea if i should put spoiler guys.

Also man the game is fun but V is hard to control.

AshenCrow777,

Yeah, V is very confusing to people familiar with the Devil may cry series because no one in the games has controlled like him....niether did we even play as someone with sandles before....

Judjment cut was nerfed.

Now it needs to travel from Vergil's position to his opponent.Previously it instantly formed at his opponents location.

So I went back to the vergil fight at the end with Nero. Using the time slow arm actually doesn't do jack to him, he straight up negs it.

AogiriKira said:
So I went back to the vergil fight at the end with Nero. Using the time slow arm actually doesn't do jack to him, he straight up negs it.
so that means vergil is on a whole other level or gameplay mechanics (i doubt it but still just to be sure) and yeah iv been training with vV and he is starting to be fun once you bought more of his moves.

ALSO GRIFFON IS SOOOO FUNNY

Dzhindzholia said:
Judjment cut was nerfed.

Now it needs to travel from Vergil's position to his opponent.Previously it instantly formed at his opponents location.
it wasnt nerfed it as always been like that its just in past games the area you fight in were just so small but in dmc5 the fighting areas are so big.

^No,in DMC5 it specifically shows us the path.

Nothing like this remains in every other game as fat as I remember.Judgment cut alwasy formed at the opponents location instantly,new one isn't even instant.

DMC3 was the only instant where judgement cut formed as "orbs" on the opponent's position. The new versions from DMC4 and on only appear to be nerfed. In his regular combos judgment cut still appears on the body.

Those are just gamplay mechanics, the graphics are just good enough to properly render the attacks now.

You don't need next gen graphics to slow down an attack or to draw it's path.

Yeah I believe Vergil should be equal to DMC 5 Dante at least. I mean he was still considered a threat to Dante and toyed with him once V and Urizen fused.

Back