• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So here's how it seems to me, as far as character scaling in DMC5. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

SSS-tier: Endgame Dante, Vergil, DT Nero > Post-Fruit Urizen

SS-tier: Urizen > possibly Late-game Nero?

S-tier: DMC 5 Dante > Argosax, Sparda > Mundus

A-tier: Late-game Nero > Lady, Trish > Early Nero > V

Lady and Trish being stronger than Nero at the beginning of the game makes sense considering Dante's comment, but Nero after the month of fighting is definitely stronger than the two of them, managing to wound Urizen.

Late game nero is definitely weaker than Urizen. He got his ass kicked by a pre fruit Urizen, and Dante had to come save him.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
So here's how it seems to me, as far as character scaling in DMC5. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
SSS-tier: Endgame Dante, Vergil, DT Nero > Post-Fruit Urizen

SS-tier: Urizen > possibly Late-game Nero?

S-tier: DMC 5 Dante > Argosax, Sparda > Mundus

A-tier: Late-game Nero > Lady, Trish > Early Nero > V
With Trish you can have a point, but Lady is definitely not stronger than BoG Nero.

Trish at least has the feat of hurting Dante (off guard), but Lady has nothing.

Dante says that there's only one other man in the world who can beat those two ladies before he fights Urizen. That implies that Nero wouldn't be able to.

Quadruple S Tier: Dante and Dr. Faust's Red Hot Night (Summoning 3 giant red orb meteors. One-shotted virtually anyone within the game lol, Vergil DMD included, what a joke weapon)

DragonEmperor23 said:
Dante says that there's only one other man in the world who can beat those two ladies before he fights Urizen. That implies that Nero wouldn't be able to.
Lady is a normal human and has not shown anything that puts her at the level of Nero or a demonic general.

Lady has only killed fodder, Nero defeated powerful demons like Berial.

Mundus at the end of the first game was soundly defeated, and has never again been considered a threat. And even if we take Dante's statement at face value, he probably wouldn't refer to Mundus as a guy or a man the way he would Vergil.

Lady has always been shown as comparable to Trish, in the animated series, DMC 4, and now the beginning of 5. And a normal human being stronger than even high-tier demons isn't that far-fetched for this series

Nero shouldn't scale anywhere near Urizen for cutting him.

This reminds me of Thanos vs Iron Man "all that for a drop of blood". Tony doesn't scale to Thanos, neither does Nero here. Trish also has the Sparda sword.

But base implies that he doesn't have the gauntlet on, which is false. Thanos used the power stone against Iron Man in their fight, which has the 5-A feat that the other gems scale to.

Back