• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using water pressure to calculate durability?

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
So basically I'm desesperate to get Pulsema out of Wall level I want to know if we can use a character resisting the pressure of water to calculate it's durability.

Yes you can. Need to know a couple of things first. What is Pulseman made of, and how much pressure was he under in the water?

I figure you do so by measuring the PSI of the specific water depth, multiply by the total surface area of the object pressure is being exerted on and convert that value to pascals which is Newtons/m2.

Not quite. That calc that Rodri did said that Pulseman was 45kg. Knowing what Pulseman was made of, I could work out his size in cubic meters.

Then, I'd use the water depth to figure out PSI, convert it to joules per cubic meter, and then multiply that by the size of Pulseman in cubic meters.

Since apparently you can convert J/m^3 to PSI.

Crimson Azoth said:
Not quite. That calc that Rodri did said that Pulseman was 45kg. Knowing what Pulseman was made of, I could work out his size in cubic meters.
Then, I'd use the water depth to figure out PSI, convert it to joules per cubic meter, and then multiply that by the size of Pulseman in cubic meters.

Since apparently you can convert J/m^3 to PSI.
Dimensional analysis
I post this comic every time someone suggests that. You would be surprised how often that is.

There actually is some similar physics, thing is it basically applies to change in volume, not to volume. (Which is, because energy is force times change i distance)

Oh, damn, sorry. I forgot about this. Oops!

Depth is 5200 meters off the coast of Adelaide. Therefor, as this is salt water, the pressure is 52,236,290 pascals.

Density of a human is 985 kg/m^3. As Pulseman weighs 45kg, that means that he has a volume of 0.0457 m^3.

0.0457 x 52,236,290 = 2387198.453 joules

Hate to tell you, bro, but that's still Wall level. Lad would have to be 50km down to reach Small Building.

Wow, not even Wall level+ or close, the only thing I have left is the Super Strong Submarine (That boss he fights underwater) and that fire pit in the last level, maybe Veil generating a small earthquake.

Anyway, thank you.

Eh, we do not treat atmospheric pressure in that way, is not like somekind of destruction value; there's several types of fishes that can survive those depths and yet can be easily killed by humans.

Antoniofer said:
Eh, we do not treat atmospheric pressure in that way, is not like somekind of destruction value; there's several types of fishes that can survive those depths and yet can be easily killed by humans.
Which can of course, at least to some extent, be explained by the fact that the formula used above actually being wrong.

Antoniofer said:
Doesn't the destruction value for most materials we use in calcs originate from shear strenght which is measured in Mega Pascals?

Welp, if anyone knows of a better feat, umm, contact me or anything.

Maybe but ugh... the calc request thread frustrates me and I don't know how to do it myself.

Just try to get some measurements.

A picture of Pulseman along that thing directly from the game would make things far easier to at least knwo where to start.

Can you get it?

Thanks to this...

As Pulseman is 14 I´m going to just assume he is 2 meters tall as an high-end.

Original resolution would have been better, but eh.

Pulseman is 9-B sadly
It seems it would be about 10 meters in size, but that´s still 9-B...

Pulseman is 152 cm tall.

And I'm sure you shouldn't count the arm.

Still would just lead 9-B.

Just did it this way to see if it could get even close to 9-A, and it didn´t...

The only other feat I can think about is this, though I listed it as resistance to heat manipulation.

No, the last level takes place inside a arcade machine.

It's still a huge fire pit though.

In the arcade machine it was meant to be a sun? I mean this could go just like Digimon sometimes does...

I don't know, the arcade game takes place in space but there isn't any implations of that part taking place in the sun.

Even if it wasn´t a sun, such amount of heat is a guarranted upgrade to durability.

I think there was a blog about energy needed to vaporize someone.

Resisting this amount of heat by sheer durability gets to 9-A.

A decent upgrade at least, I think.

Back