• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade to those who are made of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never been outright spoken. But considering we had this talk a while ago regarding reality-fiction differences and we have the Reality-Fiction Interaction page which says "within fiction there can be any number of differences between reality and fiction" it's more like an unspoken standard.

@Sera

Would you be willing to improve on our Composite Hierarchies page to better clarify and explain this when you find some time after your child is feeling better?

Thank you. Feel free to send me a message when I should unlock it for you.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Because people take the metaphor of fiction = lower dimensional too literally and assume that since data creates lower "worlds", it must be lower dimensional.

But they are of a lower dimension. The digital realm has far less matter and energy than a real 3/4D world.

Digital stuff isn't lower dimensional; it's just intangible and somewhat abstract. It behaves similar to how light/photons do and take characters like MegaMan.EXE for example. He's a character made of data with 2-C feats. Or Geo Stellar being a 4-B FM Radio.

Or Digimon in which data is literally something superior to the physical world and something that makes up all that exists. Matter of fact the Digital World is a higher world to the real physical world. And Digimon (beings made of data) range from 9-B to Low 1-C as of this moment.

Read this post said:
I dont know. So what exactly happens to characters like SCP-3143 who are actual fiction? Are they unknown or something else maybe?
3143 would remain at its place since there seems to be a qualitative inferiority, as discussed above.

Well, I still think that we should explain this distinction somewhere (possibly in the Composite Hierarchies page), in order to avoid future confusion. We regrettably do need to officially spell out these things, as most of our members and visitors are not familiar with the concept.

Antvasima said:
Well, I still think that we should explain this distinction somewhere (possibly in the Composite Hierarchies page), in order to avoid future confusion. We regrettably do need to officially spell out these things, as most of our members and visitors are not familiar with the concept.
A simple proposal:

• The narrative must be explicit in showing that a character is the inferior entity is so insignificant that it is difficult to call it real to qualified for Lower-Dimensional Existence.
Inputs are welcome.

I am not sure. Sorry. However, this hread has taken so long to conclude that my memories of the specifics are hazy at this point.

Upgrade his tier. A key should be added to his power and abilities sections with "data manipulation" as that is what he is doing from the real world perspective.

All that is left is

Gomez (Fez)

Animator (Animator vs. Animation)

Rumble McSkirmish

GIFfany

The Chosen One (Animator vs. Animation)

The Second Coming

SCP-085

The animator vs animation ones may require a knowledgeable member. This guy could possibly help since he made two of the profiles.

Scp 085 is stated two dimensional but is also a drawing. I think the same goes for gomez though he is made of data. Might need to ask someone knowledgeable.

Gifany and rumble just depend on whether cal says yes or no to the question i asked him.

I do believe people can be referred to as two dimensional without being spatially such and having the term only being used to describe them being flat. So people made of actual data or an actual drawing instead of being spatially below us should be treat as below average.

Why wasn't i notified of this? huh

My bad if this is a necro, but i just saw this for the AvA thing and other character stuff.

So, are we treating data as 10-C until proven otherwise now? Chosen One and Second Coming are drawings created by the Animator that could transport themselves as data through usb cables or even "wirelessly" in the case of the first stickman. Through these means, they are able to reach other devices, such as phones or computers independent of the initial one.

Otherwise, i can't really recall them being explicitly mentioned as "lower-dimensional" aside from interacting with internet/data/computer stuff. There are a bunch of explosion feats, which i don't know if they may be applied since it's inside the computer and the most remarkable thing one could do is crack the computer's screen at its very peak.

Data isn't always weaker than humans; superhuman data or even upper dimensional data exists as mentioned above.

So is somebody willing to update them accordingly?

@Antvasima, I can handled them. There also a new character, Glitchtrap, that is made from a video games that qualify for 10-C which I can handle as well.

Okay. Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back