• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
Four days ago Alan Becker posted a new video Animation vs. Math, qualifying the verse for a major upgrade with the weaponization of the concept ∞Infinity that escalated its tier from 3-B to High 3-A however many concepts were neglected other than Infinity itself so I'll delve into it with this thread.

Here is the main video made by Alan Becker.

In the timestamp 9:37, we see The Second Coming breaking through the complex plane with his infinite tangent wave [f(x) = 9tan(πx)] bazooka, stacking up the boundary of the vector space up to fourth dimensions to create a portal and break through it. Each x in the sequence represented a coordinate (vector span) and the number 4 was written as a superscript above the variable R (denoting an infinite set of all real numbers; Cartesian product), meaning TSC transcended the 4th dimension. The cardinality of the continuum (set of all real numbers) is uncountably infinite which would qualify the destruction of vector quantities and spaces above the ordinary scale of countable infinities.

R^n=(x1,x2,x3,…,xn) is a set of coordinates for a n-dimensional vector. For example, R^6=(1,6,−23,0.23,0,400) represents the coordinates of a 6th-dimensional vector.
maxresdefault.jpg

A matrix is the sum of n-dimensional vectors in an n-dimensional space and could also be multiplied by an external scalar

Examples of mathematical representation of an n-dimensional vector space could be shown in the images below.
EWYbG.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
x9HSy.jpg

^^more info here if anyone needs clarification with Euclidean-vector space and the Cartesian plane
Hence, with all the intel listed above the feat of TSC expanding the dimensional domain of the complex plane should be at least Low 2-C considering how it's an extra-dimensional Euclidean space which transcends the ordinary 3-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system. Especially given how we've only seen TSC transcend through the complex plane by only expanding it up to 4 dimensional by blasting the boundary with infinite tangent waves 4 times within seconds, he should be Low 2-C at the bare minimum; logically, its dimension domain could be expanded up infinitely considering TSC already has Infinite attack speed with Mathematical Manipulation (theoretically, could qualify TSC up to Low 1-A with chain reaction). And before anyone brings up that the Complex plane is not Universal in size, just so you know it could be infinitely expanded (as it's already infinite dimensional itself) by axioms and theorems and it wouldn't make any difference.

Later on in the video at timestamp 10:35, we see TSC firing wave functions of cos(π)+isin(π) powered by the Complex Plane at Euler's Identity's Numberzilla form and leaving circular craters on the floor. Hence, the Complex Plane is spherical and considering it could be potentially stacked up to infinite dimensions, we could infer the complex plane is a hypersphere with countless dimensional domains; given that, it further expands the power and potency of the TSC and Euler's Identity considering how they both can manipulate the mathematics proficiently making both characters extremely powerful. The cosmology of Animator vs. Animation itself isn't 2-dimensional but it's Alan Becker's animation style that stemmed a headcanon towards that type of belief, therefore I'm not going to delve into those characters being made out of data, therefore, they're significantly inferior to normal humans or whatsoever.
2d6adfb3c11602fc12dce18997076520a291b11a

The Euclidean n-dimensional of coordinate spaces could be any dimension that correspondent with the spherical coordinate system applied to the 3-dimensional Euclidean geometrical structure of our universe.
44d315c8839a1eab2eed817d776555ea2faa83d6

^^can also be inversely interpreted down to the negative/imaginary dimensional scales
5659f8cfeaad8637b63d66ad07457e591b5b2d7b

^^practically a method to express the volume element of an n-dimensional Euclidean space in terms of spherical coordinates.
More info about the hypersphere^^
E.g. the N-sphere or hypercube is brought up to further solidify the basis of TSC and Euler's identity being extradimensional rather than placed at a simple infinite 3-D tier.
φ = the angle of an object with spatial properties (n-dimensional object)
n = a number of spatial dimensions/coordinate spaces

At timestamp 13:13, Euler's Identity removed its imaginary segment, changing its factorial to the Gamma function by reorientating its index. The variable n expanded up to infinity hence expanding up to infinite dimensions, therefore qualifies as an evident High 1-B feat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_function
^^More info on the Gamma function and its alternatives.
The variable n represents the number of dimensional domains (number of coordinate spaces) and each term becomes an n-dimensional unit sphere.
N_SpheresVolumeAndSurfaceArea.png

n refers to the dimension of the ambient Euclidean space, which is also the intrinsic dimension of the solid whose volume is listed here, but which is 1 more than the intrinsic dimension of the sphere whose surface area is listed here. The curved red arrows show the relationship between formulas for different n. The formula coefficient at each arrow's tip equals the formula coefficient at that arrow's tail times the factor in the arrowhead (where the n in the arrowhead refers to the n value that the arrowhead points to). If the direction of the bottom arrows were reversed, their arrowheads would say to multiply by 2π/n − 2. Alternatively said, the surface area Sn+1 of the sphere in n + 2 dimensions is exactly 2πR times the volume Vn enclosed by the sphere in n dimensions.
^^source: n-sphere page on Wikipedia

With all the information given, the dimension of mathematics were Animation vs. Math takes place is at least Infinite dimensional at an exceptional scale into High 1-B or possibly reaching Low 1-A given the fact that a set of real numbers is uncountable infinite, therefore making it greater than the cardinality of all natural numbers (ℵ0), making each set ℵ₁
1cBmAHyVZM-diagram.png

The mathematical plane is split into two dimensions that are 90 degrees rotated. The dimension of imaginary numbers was cracked from the destruction caused by the TSC hence it'll rather be a power feat of both AP and mathematical manipulation rather than mathematical manipulation itself. That being the case, it'll stack up TSC and Euler's identity tier at least 2 times above their baseline theoretical AP.

Overall conclusion:
TSC and Euler's identity should all be upgraded from High 3-A to High 1-B by expanding and breaking through the number of coordinate spaces and manipulating it to its theoretical peak (which is infinity). Perhaps a Low 1-A tier could also be applied since the Mathematical plane (dimension where the video took place) not only encompasses real numbers but also imaginary numbers as well, especially if both are separated spatiotemporally like Universes by standards of the setting of Animation vs. Math. Each set of real numbers is uncountably infinite because it transcends the cardinality of all natural numbers.

Not to mention, at 13:46 we see Aleph in the background

Great source of clarification (credits to RatherClueless for finding the video)

Agree: Georredannea15, Deidalius, Board3659, Greatsage13th, JustANormalLemon, Phoenks, Brogeefrong (unsure about Low 1-A), Rau (disagree on Low 1-A), Barbar01, Marshadow29, Hjxdvd, LuffyRuffy46307, Rose_of_Ragnarok (except for Low 1-A), Unqver, Rakih_Elyan, DontTalkDT
(In an extremely casual view on this, only agree with a possibly High 1-B rating), Alexander, TauanVictor, KingNanaya, PhantomØ4, Fixxed, Stryker861

Neutral: TyranoDoom30, Psychomaster35

Disagree: ImmortalDread, MysticCarnage (might change their mind), Winter

Last edited:
Yes, I think what I said in the previous revision "you have to scale the infinity of these ordinal numbers and mathematical statements to a universe or cosmology in a physical way" seems to be addressed here. I'm neutral for now because I didn't see much reference to this in the video.

Good luck anyway man, it smells of great labour. :coffee: 🗿

No tengo ni la menor idea de esto, soy pésimo en matemáticas

I have no idea of this, but by God, not sure if we can go this level
y esto es lo que aparece en el video?todas esas formulas,son basadas en el video que usa matematicas exactas(excepto por un par de errores que son entendibles y no affectan en nada)

Yes, I think what I said in the previous revision "you have to scale the infinity of these ordinal numbers and mathematical statements to a universe or cosmology in a physical way" seems to be addressed here. I'm neutral for now because I didn't see much reference to this in the video.

Good luck anyway man, it smells of great labour. :coffee: 🗿
Considering how Euler’s identity could manipulate infinite dimensions by segmenting itself and TSC blasted them causally you can consider a feat like that could scale to that level physically

All of the references could be found here, anyways thanks a lot nonetheless

Considering how Euler’s identity could manipulate infinite dimensions by segmenting itself and TSC blasted them causally you can consider a feat like that could scale to that level physically

All of the references could be found here, anyways thanks a lot nonetheless

If, as you say, it is indeed scalable, good for you. But objectively, I don't see it, so I'd like to declare myself neutral for now. :coffee:

Edit : Indeed, as the mathematical formulas and their corresponding ordinal numbers grow, the universe continues to physically grow and encompass it. Add me to the "agree" section (y) 🗿

Ask @DontTalkDT, he made a verse out of Kurzsgesagt using similar methodologies. He might be able to help.
I don't get the reference.

Anyway, watching the video and reading the OP I disagree with the proposal.

The whole Hypersphere thing is an immense reach. The attack is 3D. Going from there to infinite dimensions is an overextrapolation.

The dimensional boundary thing... yeah, the symbol technically represents that, but we see that the boundary does not change into a higher dimensional space (at 3D it would have had to be the entire space they are in). The whole video plays with manipulating symbols and graphs. In this case, it was a manipulation of symbols with evidently no actual space being generated.

So, I don't think there's anything Tier 1 in there.

Last edited:
I don't get the reference.

Anyway, watching the video and reading the OP I disagree with the proposal.

The whole Hypersphere thing is an immense reach. The attack is 3D. Going from there to infinite dimensions is an overextrapolation.

The dimensional boundary thing... yeah, the symbol technically represents that, but we see that the boundary does not change into a higher dimensional space (at 3D it would have had to be the entire space they are in). The whole video plays with manipulating symbols and graphs. In this case, it was a manipulation of symbols with evidently no actual space being generated.

So, I don't think there's anything Tier 1 in there.
We've seen TSC breaking through the Complex Plane as well as breaking the boundaries between the real world and the imaginary world. We can't perceive extradimensional feats without any statements however by mathematical logic the feats I've mentioned logically counts as extradimensional feats. We have seen the Cartesian constant changing as well as with the "portal" TSC created expand, and judging by Alan Becker's animation style I don't see how else he'll visualize it. I'll count your vote but I'll insist you reconsider. And I don't see how expanding the Complex Plane is not an expansion of space.

We've seen TSC breaking through the Complex Plane as well as breaking the boundaries between the real world and the imaginary world. We can't perceive extradimensional feats without any statements however by mathematical logic the feats I've mentioned logically counts as extradimensional feats. We have seen the Cartesian constant changing as well as with the "portal" TSC created expand, and judging by Alan Becker's animation style I don't see how else he'll visualize it. I'll count your vote but I'll insist you reconsider. And I don't see how expanding the Complex Plane is not an expansion of space.
I see no evidence of the complex plane not just being already existent. And I don't see it damaged in a fashion that would be tiering applicable, much less on a relevant scale.

And what the "portal" is considered: As said, we see it not physically happening. The span of {x1, x2, x3} would be the volume of the whole room and that's just not it. As said, the video is about manipulating mathematical symbols much more than manipulating space and in this case it's a symbol being manipulated.

I see no evidence of the complex plane not just being already existent. And I don't see it damaged in a fashion that would be tiering applicable, much less on a relevant scale.

And what the "portal" is considered: As said, we see it not physically happening. The span of {x1, x2, x3} would be the volume of the whole room and that's just not it. As said, the video is about manipulating mathematical symbols much more than manipulating space and in this case it's a symbol being manipulated.
So would you consider Euler's Identity generated portal at the end also a visual effect from the symbol? If it's already existent then TSC would be able to traverse through it however he needs to expand the space first, and the portal from the Complex Plane is generated physically through the blasts of infinite tangent waves. Span {x1, x2, x3} only shows how much it has expanded upon but TSC was busy chasing Euler's Identity before we could see the full extent of the Complex Plane.

I actually disagree with DT and agree with the revision b/c it was shown that the mathematical Manip makes space in some examples

Also, his intelligence should be more than Gifted since he learned this many math concepts in only like 14 minutes and applied them in combat

I actually disagree with DT and agree with the revision b/c it was shown that the mathematical Manip makes space in some examples

Also, his intelligence should be more than Gifted since he learned this many math concepts in only like 14 minutes and applied them in combat
He’s already listed as a “at least gifted” for intelligence, idk if breaking into the imaginary dimension could boost him up to genius, though quite likely

Update: I’ve done some research and I’ve found out that each set of real numbers is uncountably infinite which transcend the original cardinality of natural numbers also known as aleph-0, therefore each set is aleph-1 instead of aleph-0
The smallest infinite cardinal number is
\aleph _{0}
(aleph-null). The second smallest is
\aleph _{1}
(aleph-one). The continuum hypothesis, which asserts that there are no sets whose cardinality is strictly between
\aleph _{0}
and
{\mathfrak {c}}
, means that
{\mathfrak  c}=\aleph _{1}
.[2] The truth or falsity of this hypothesis is undecidable and cannot be proven within the widely used Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory with axiom of choice (ZFC).
Georg Cantor introduced the concept of cardinality to compare the sizes of infinite sets. He famously showed that the set of real numbers is uncountably infinite. That is,
{{\mathfrak  c}}
is strictly greater than the cardinality of the natural numbers,
\aleph _{0}
:

\aleph _{0}<{\mathfrak  c}.

In practice, this means that there are strictly more real numbers than there are integers. Cantor proved this statement in several different ways. For more information on this topic, see Cantor's first uncountability proof and Cantor's diagonal argument.

With that applied AvA verse would be a solid Low 1-A rather than High 1-B and possibly Low 1-A once revision applies

Would anyone still agree?

There is a theta, so they should all scale to Woodin's Cardinal (for legal reasons this is a joke).

As said, we see it not physically happening. The span of {x1, x2, x3} would be the volume of the whole room
It absolutely doesn't have to be. Why would it?

As said, the video is about manipulating mathematical symbols much more than manipulating space and in this case it's a symbol being manipulated.
That's a very odd take, considering we see the manipulation of these symbols having a direct effect on the rest of reality.

I agree, but feel like a "High 3-A, possibke high 1-B to low 1-A" would fit better thanks to Alan animation style making harder to take "nail in the coffing" conclussions, even trough the mathematics It self where show to take phisicall efect

In short, I agree

I agree with High 1-B based on e clearly creating an infinite-dimensional space (13:05).

This should also qualify as Dimensional Manipulation.

The whole video plays with manipulating symbols and graphs. In this case, it was a manipulation of symbols with evidently no actual space being generated.
We know that space exists and is manipulated in this video through certain other creations, btw.

Such as this simple trick here: TSC creates a 2-D circle out of pi x r^2 (7:45) which transforms into a 3-D cylinder when he incorporates 8 into the formula (7:49).

Perhaps a Low 1-A tier could also be applied since the Mathematical plane (dimension where the video took place) not only encompasses real numbers but also imaginary numbers as well, especially if both are separated spatiotemporally like Universes by standards of the setting of Animation vs. Math. Each set of real numbers is uncountably infinite because it transcends the cardinality of all natural numbers.
As for this, I'll wait for some more input. I believe it is definitely possible for it to be a Low 1-A plane especially do to the blatant existent of Aleph numbers in the world.

Last edited:
Apart from that, what DT said makes sense.
What exactly did DT say that makes sense to you? Because everything he said goes against the High 1-B scaling.

DT basically said they aren't even manipulating space at all, but just symbols/text. This isn't true.

And also said that the dimensionality stuff doesn't make sense because it doesn't show to take up the entire space (Which is a weird argument because there's no reasonable way he could've showed that in a way that wouldn't completely destroy the fluidity of the video and the viewer's perspective of what was going on).

The way it was animated perfectly and blatantly shows what he was trying to convey in the first place. I find DT's statements to be really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back