• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Animator Vs. Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already DMed Ant. I suggest wait for his response before deleting anything first.

I was not aware of any fanfiction-like qualities of this work, no.

I’ve asked the bureaucrat of the AvA wiki and they stated they didn’t find any source regarding their copyright license. I personally think it’s common sense it’s legal usage, and no one spoke out to Alan Becker unlike other companies. I don’t think I can stop the verse from being deleted off the wiki if there is no source revealed for it. I might as well ask someone a part of Alan Becker’s official team for a chance to restore the franchise in the future.

I’ve asked the bureaucrat of the AvA wiki and they stated they didn’t find any source regarding their copyright license. I personally think it’s common sense it’s legal usage, and no one spoke out to Alan Becker unlike other companies. I don’t think I can stop the verse from being deleted off the wiki if there is no source revealed for it. I might as well ask someone a part of Alan Becker’s official team for a chance to restore the franchise in the future.
Garrixian, Alan isn't a special case. There's several creators who do this and avoid confrontation with the property owners. He's not partnered with any of the other properties he's shown in his animations, plain and simple. Besides, official stuff like that is usually made clear when posted. Same thing with the songs posted above. Yep, they're monetized. Doesn't mean Nintendo gave that one Paper Mario track the thumbs up

Legal usage does not mean it is official. This has been a thing for years

If someone would like to post them directly to FC/OC, they ought to do so. Otherwise I can post them in a sandbox for someone if they like though you don't really need me to do that for you. When you're ready, I'll delete.

Might as well call Ant here because he was the one who approved it in the first place.
This is false.

If it is also an original animation, and not a fanfiction, or a real life person playing him or herself with some CGI thrown in, I think that it can probably be included here.
It is not an original animation, and thus it should not be allowed in the first place.
He did not approve anything. He only provided multiple independent clauses and the conclusion in his sentence.

Last edited:
This is false.

It is not an original animation, and thus it should not be allowed in the first place.
He did not approve anything. He only provided multiple independent clauses and the conclusion in his sentence.
It was Psychomaster who said there was a thread for the verse to be allowed, then he linked it and I saw Ant as a staff member to be the last commenting there. I didn’t directly read what he said so I just assumed. We all agreed to remove the verse from the wiki, it’ll be appreciated you might as well help out wit the migration to FC/OC, thanks.
That is correct, yes. Thank you for helping out. 🙏
This thread can be closed. I need help migrating the pages first.

Last edited:
We really just need someone willing to store the pages if they wish them to be moved to FC/OC. I'd just slap them in a sandbox but I've learned that some folk take issue with that sort of thing, so I'm waiting for a volunteer.

If Garrixian can elaborate on what specifically she needs help with, I can try to oblige myself, to leave other staff members to their clerical roles.

If Garrixian can elaborate on what specifically she needs help with, I can try to oblige myself, to leave other staff members to their clerical roles.
Yeah sure, please paste it all into my sandboxes and leave the title the same.

Thank you, Bambu.

Just remove all categories from those sandboxes immediately after the information has been moved please. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back