• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade to those who are made of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Data is not lower dimensional nor does it exist as a plane. Any being who is made of data that has a 11-A key should be below average human level

That's what I've been seeing. Same goes for lady SCP drawing. Actual sentient data isn't two dimensional. It's 3-D stuff.

Depends on the character in question. White Face probably won't have his actual hax but in 11-A, he'll just have data manip that kinda acts like his actual hax.

Who even decided data is two-dimensional? That is objectively false. Data, like energy, is inherently dimensionless, but for our purposes it's 3D data/3D energy (that way we don't get inflated results).

Data is abstract, and everyone made of data is too. That's what the upgrade should be

I am neutral here. I at least know that things like drawings shouldnt be 2-D.

So would the lady scp get upgraded because of the fact she is a drawing? Will that affect the other two scp 11-A's?

This would affect lady drawing. Probably not the others though, since they're actual fictional characters, not just sentient ink on a page or something.

The very trustworthy google search says data is the symbols and quantities representing something in computers and the electrical signals are just the place where it's stored.

But In our case I guess we will be treating the signals as the character?

I most cases, it is. There might be some cases where a virtual character is actually 11-A and not just the signals, but it's rare.

If you look at the signal as being the physical component of information transfer, then no. Actually even if you don't that's probably a different thing that lower dimensionality.

Okay. Here is a list of the people who should have their 11-A status upgraded (simple tier change will be put next to anybody who can just be outright upgraded without worrying about hax):

Animator (Animator vs. Animation)

NASU (done)

Rumble McSkirmish (likely simple tier change)

GIFfany (likely simple tier change)

The Chosen One (Animator vs. Animation)

The Second Coming

KALIMBA TV Channel (done)

White Face (done)

The Player (Fluidity) (done)

SCP-085 (apparently a drawing. though that depends on whether she has been referred to as spatially 2D or not)

I agree with Saikou and Sera.

Could either of you write a regulation instruction text for this, and suggest where we should place it?

Maybe under the tier 11's on the tiering system page? Unless there is somewhere better to put it that goes over some standards.

Perhaps Sera and Saikou could write a "Lower-Dimensional Existence" page instead? The tiering system page is probably too important to include this type of comparatively minor detail.

I don't necessarily think a regulation is needed. Most of those 11-A virtual beings profiles spawned due to other profiles doing the same. With most of those profiles being now 10-C, this shouldn't really be an issue anymore.

It could serve as a reminder. Plus there are still drawings and other non data related things, and there should be an establishment saying that characters must be shown as actual lower dimensional beings or exist as pure non existant fiction which doesnt exist in the 3rd dimension to qualify

Btw, would existing as a light or a shadow on a wall be lower dimensional?

Light...isn't 2-D. Y'all gotta realize that actual 2-D stuff don't exist irl unless we go into quantum nonsense.

As for what size it'd be, I have uh no idea.

What about a shadow? Im pretty sure that can be considered as 2D.

suppose it depends on how small waves from signals would be considered

A shadow is not a thing. A shadow is the lack of light. It's not physically a thing. At best it would be some weird form of Non-Existence unless it's those fictional shadows that have actual matter to the,.

I would say that it more matters on portrayal. Someone like NASU is information, but is portrayed in the verse like a video game character so that would be more akin to a reality fiction difference. But someone like White Face is portrayed more like raw information, rather than just a video game character.

@Ant

I'm thinking about it. Well, there's already one for 11-Cs but I guess a page covering 11-Bs and 11-As could work.

A shadow is an effect created by a lack of light which has no depth at all and is non existent from our own perspective. It has purely length and width but no depth. I think it can be considered as lower dimensional in most cases (unless they are actually made from matter like the vashta nerada or something like that)

Do you think merging the zero dimensionality to that page could work if done properly?

No it can't, stop. It's not 2-D. It doesn't have actual length, because it doesn't exist. It's just the absence of light. Even then, a shadow would be measured in 3-D, it just appears 2-D due to being projected on a surface.

What Saikou said. A shadow isn't actually a "thing", it's just the absence of light. Same deal with darkness as a whole, though fiction doesn't usually treat it like that.

Technically 0 dimensional beings dont exist either and 2D beings would technically be non existent in our dimension. Im mainly talking about the actual projection itself. Not things like light and darkness or absence in general.

So what would the best real life example for something two dimensional be?

Sera EX said:
@Ant

I'm thinking about it. Well, there's already one for 11-Cs but I guess a page covering 11-Bs and 11-As could work.
Okay. Thank you for the help. You should naturally preferably also clarify what doesn't qualify as lower-dimensional existence within the page.

I already said it. Outside of quantum stuff, there is no such things as 2-D IRL. So anything that revolves around data or flat stuff being 11-A is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back