• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade to DCEU Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's low 7B with prep time and the 300 decibel soundwave emitters. According to this page: http://www.decibelcar.com/menugeneric/87.html

It states the following just to give an idea:

248dB Atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, August 6th & 9th, 1945. Total disintegration of 16 square miles, wind was around 300 miles per hour, destroyed 28" thick concrete walls at 1 mile distance. Leaving a crater 633 feet wide and 80 feet deep.

286dB Mt. Saint Helens volcanic eruption

310dB Krakatau volcanic eruption 1883. Cracked one foot thick concrete at 300 miles, created a 3000 foot tidal wave, and heard 3100 miles away, sound pressure caused barometers to fluctuate wildly at 100 miles indicating levels of 190db at that distance from blast site. Rocks thrown to a height of 34 miles.

I'm not a big physics person so if I'm wrong then just lock the thread.

OUTLIER !! FROM 9B TO 7B SERIOUSLY!!!

I don't understand physics that much though

I guess Ironman should also be 7B with the JERICHO from Ironman 1.(sarcasm)

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160331-the-worlds-loudest-animal-might-surprise-you

The above states that blue whale is 188 decibels and sperm whale is 230 decibels but are they city level AP wise? No!

The whales produce the sound from their bodies so if it's a city level attack they should have a equivalent AP. But just a tonne of TNT would probably kill them.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=batman vs superman&sm=1

The sonic cannon should have destroyed the metals superman picked if they were city level

@DmarcvelCOO, well it is stated he is 7B ith prep. Iron Man could be 7B with the Jericho but he's already 7B with the Hulk Buster.

@DmarcvelCOO

Come on man, no need to be so sarcastic, simply disagreeing with Heatforce is plenty enough.

In any case, I'll alert Matthew Schroeder about this thread.

@WeeklyBattles, yeah I'm not sure how to relate sound to attack potency. @DmarcvelOO has an interesting post showing that whales can produce sounds up to 200dB or something like that.

From what i recall they can be translated into watts, which can in turn be translated into joules, but i think i did something wrong because 300 dB translates to roughly 1e+27 joules, or Multi-Continent level...

You have to account for the area. I used a calculator for decibels to watts and put an area of 1 meter and got my result.

Ah okay nvm then. That should probably be in a blog as that's the current rating he has but there's no calc for it.

Sorry for the sarcasm i my first post

But is weekly buttons saying that it's multi continent level . Please that is not possible because=

1.it would have killed superman because he almost died from a roughly city level nuke

2.the metal superman picked would have been destroyed

3. superman cape would have been pulverized

4. http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/dBm_to_Watt.htm. Weekly battles if you used this calculator i think it's wrong. Because this converts decibel milliwatts to watt .the human threshold for ear pain in decibels is 120 dB if I use that on the calculator it gives a gigawatt for only causing pain in the ear but that amount of energy per second is enough to kill a human being easily. I think this is where you checked because it gives the same figures

How^^^^^^^

If it is 7B it still should used as Batman's because it's an outlier and not part of his standard equipment.

I still find it very hard to believe that the cannons are city level

Batman being 7-B via a prep time weapon that doesn't scale to him physically isn't an outlier. He's still a Wall level character, just with an extremely powerful gadget.

By that logic the feats of any weapon that was created by someone weaker than it is an outlier. Or any scientist who can create machines more powerful than them must be discarded.

Anyone in real life who's built an army tank, a fighter jet, a nuclear bomb, etc. now has an IRL outlier.

Ryukama said:
Batman being 7-B via a prep time weapon that doesn't scale to him physically isn't an outlier. He's still a Wall level character, just with an extremely powerful gadget.

By that logic the feats of any weapon that was created by someone weaker than it is an outlier. Or any scientist who can create machines more powerful than them must be discarded.

Anyone in real life who's built an army tank, a fighter jet, a nuclear bomb, etc. now has an IRL outlier.
Ryu summed it up excellently.

This should help: http://nerdist.com/how-loud-is-the-incredible-hulks-thundercap/

Superman has Durability that is < City Level considering he nearly died being hit with a nuke. Only Survived via regen from being in space and directly infront of the sun.

Considering Batmans emmiters only staggered Superman and nothing that scientifically should happen at 300 dB occured, 300 dB seems to be an outlier at least in this situation if not just flat out false.

If anything, I say 215 dB (Sound of Thunder) should be used with "Possibly Higher" tags.

It can be argued superman was still under the effects of kryptonite when he was hit with the nuke. It was what, minutes or so since his fight with batman? The scar on his cheek from the kryptonite spear didn't heal until he was hit with direct sunlight, in space. When he came back to Earth to fight doomsday, that was superman at full power. When he was hit with the sound emitter, that was prior to any kryptonite exposure so his durability would have been greater or equal to the damage output imo. I mean, consider what would have happened had superman been hit by the nuke in daylight minus kryptonite exposure...

@Heatforce

that can also be countered with the fact that he was already in space infront of the sun before being hit. "Logically" @ least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back