• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
An apt title I'd say.

Batbaby's second key has him using a 300 decibel soundwave device with prep.

Now then let's do some complicated math- and hold on, This video, starting from around the 2 minute mark and getting into the real meat at the 3 minute 30 second mark, explains decibels pretty well, This link feeds us how loud a small nuke is(240 decibels), aka in the kiloton range, plugging in the 15 kiloton average used for nukes on the site.

So let's do some decently simple math instead of the complicated shit that's frankly worthless here.

Nukes at 240 decibels, multiply by 10 every 10 decibels added, so 15 Kilotonnes X 1000000 = 15000000 Kilotonnes. Or around 15 ******* Gigatonnes of force just to make a sound as loud as 300 decibels, now the sound waves themselves, well, they'd be somewhere in tier 9. But as I explained on This thread(ignore the fact I was wrong by 10 decibels I hadn't really looked into it too much at the time) the force making the sound is far more lucrative than the sound itself. So uh, yeah, upgrade DCEU Batman's prep to 6-C and call it a day

Agree: @XSOULOFCINDERX @FantaRin_The_First

Disagree:

Neutral @Propellus

Last edited:
But the energy produced to make the sound isn't being offensively wielded is it?
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, unless Batman has 6-C shit out the ass he's not containing the 6-C energy required to make the 300 decibel sound, considering his shit is mostly accepted to be tier 9 it'd get blown through, proceed to atomize Batman, the city he's in, and the area for MILES around and kill everyone the soundwaves reach too!

I literally have no idea how the hell you've managed to get an exact value out of this, but there's not really any arguments coming from me I guess. Hit me up with neutral though

I literally have no idea how the hell you've managed to get an exact value out of this, but there's not really any arguments coming from me I guess. Hit me up with neutral though
Honestly it was very simple, just get the decibel value for nukes, get the standard nukes for the site at 15 Kilotonnes, remember to multiply that value by 10 for every 10 decibels because Decibels are Logarithmic, and voila. I'll start a vote count tho

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, unless Batman has 6-C shit out the ass he's not containing the 6-C energy required to make the 300 decibel sound, considering his shit is mostly accepted to be tier 9 it'd get blown through, proceed to atomize Batman, the city he's in, and the area for MILES around and kill everyone the soundwaves reach too!
Or fiction, but that too /s

Or fiction, but that too /s
Saying "it's fiction!" Isn't a good argument considering there's nothing to the contrary lol, best argument you could make is saying the writers had no ******* idea how bullshit decibels are and just decided to put the statement in

Throw me into the agree pile as well, since more stuff for 6-C DCEU is great! Also, honestly, I am surprised that nobody had bought this up before.

Not sure if decibels increase in potency like that linearly so count me in as neutral, might wanna ping some calc members to see what they have to say about this.

Not sure if decibels increase in potency like that linearly so count me in as neutral, might wanna ping some calc members to see what they have to say about this.
Last I checked, and everywhere I've looked, they're Logarithmic, which is a 10x for 10 points kinda deal, but yeah, feel free to call some calc group members, would help get this CRT on the road

Because nukes can be at the 240 decibel mark and things like World War 2 Era carpet bombings can kill with sound alone, mind you, the decibel count is just for getting the accurate amount of nukes, the actual sound, like I said, would be somewhere in tier 9.

not to mention how insanely high into 3-A that'd be, like holy shit around 1100 decibels is a black hole nearly the size of the observable universe

Writers don’t know Decibels are exponential
Also nukes do 240 decibels over a wider area and only part of their energy is the shockwave

More the fact there's no collatoral from this at all; if this is indeed an Island Level attack wouldn't that have far larger implications for nearby structures?

Yeah, decibel stuff is not reliable in the slightest, he was clearly trying to target Superman's hearing, the video even compares his with the ones from bats and dogs, iirc. Then he destroys them with a manhole cover, and Batman uses machine guns against him with some minor effect, you can't take the 300 db seriously.

If anything, it should be removed from the profile.

Yeah, decibel stuff is not reliable in the slightest, he was clearly trying to target Superman's hearing, the video even compares his with the ones from bats and dogs, iirc. Then he destroys them with a manhole cover, and Batman uses machine guns against him with some minor effect, you can't take the 300 db seriously.

If anything, it should be removed from the profile.
he shoulda halved the decibel amount then-

Because nukes can be at the 240 decibel mark and things like World War 2 Era carpet bombings can kill with sound alone, mind you, the decibel count is just for getting the accurate amount of nukes, the actual sound, like I said, would be somewhere in tier 9.
Batman's devices aren't nukes though. A nuke with a large amount of energy only produces a certain amount as sound energy because there's the blast, there's thermal energy, a bunch of radiation, etcetera. So I don't think weapons designed to mainly be sound energy attacks would scale proportionately to the sound energy released by a nuclear bomb.

Batman's devices aren't nukes though. A nuke with a large amount of energy only produces a certain amount as sound energy because there's the blast, there's thermal energy, a bunch of radiation, etcetera. So I don't think weapons designed to mainly be sound energy attacks would scale proportionately to the sound energy released by a nuclear bomb.
I believe the amount of force required to make such sounds is worth an AP value, to create 240 decibels of sound energy you need around 15 Kilotons of another type of energy.

I believe the amount of force required to make such sounds is worth an AP value, to create 240 decibels of sound energy you need around 15 Kilotons of another type of energy.
Are there any profiles/accepted calcs on the site that use just sound energy?

Are there any profiles/accepted calcs on the site that use just sound energy?
Barely any writers **** with decibels but outside of decibels Lúcio immediately comes to mind, as shit as his profile is at the moment(he has no business scaling to Rein or Hog in any way)

The mechanics of everything is not equal to nukes though. Nukes release light, heat, radiation, the blast itself, and many other forms of energy. If the device was like a nuke then, well, we would have seen a fiery blast and the entire area would have been levelled.

Back