• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Onepunch-Man speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Orochi and Golden Sperm not climb to Monster Wind and Flame? I kept thinking about it.

Don't know if there's any evidence that they actually scale to Wind/Flame, but Golden Sperm was able to blitz a wounded Tornado (who is sub-rel at peak) and was too fast for at least Sweet Mask, Zombieman, & Child Emperor to see, so they should still be far above average.

also, consensus on other high level characters who don't scale getting a "possibly/likely MHS" rating from their current high hypersonic one?

A sub-rel blitzing a bunch of MHS+ is to be expected. That doesn't mean he should scale to Rel+.

I kind of think Orochi is scaled to be one of the strongest in the association and he even managed to keep in a fight with Saitama wanting to beat him, but I do not know.

That's not enough to to scale to Rel+. Being stronger than someone does not mean that they're faster than someone.

A significant portion would scale to DSK's speed I'd imagine. ARMS Genos easily kept up with him and G4 Genos just outright outranks him. Same with PPP at this point. So Demons like Awakened Cockroach would be way faster than this since he was about on par with G4 Genos (he outsped him due to his "sixth sense", not speed). I have no trouble imagining that basically all Dragons and most S-Class would also scale from this.

I'm unsure about Iaian's scaling tho. He's obviously a very low tier character, but he has a larger focus on speed compared to a lot of characters due to being one of Atomic Samurai's pupils. When it comes to most characters their speed comes as a bi-product of their strength, with said speed seemingly increasing proportionally to said strength, and so the difference between DSK and say Bakuzan's speed would be equal to their difference in strength. At least it should be. But its completely different with someone like Iaian due to his specific training with AS, who focuses more on speed than pure strength. Same reason why Flashy Flash can be as fast as he is without being as strong as say Darkshine or the like, greater focus on speed that most characters don't scale from. Would someone like DSK actually be faster than Iaian, or is it the other way around?

SuperAPM said:
A significant portion would scale to DSK's speed I'd imagine. ARMS Genos easily kept up with him and G4 Genos just outright outranks him. Same with PPP at this point. So Demons like Awakened Cockroach would be way faster than this since he was about on par with G4 Genos (he outsped him due to his "sixth sense", not speed). I have no trouble imagining that basically all Dragons and most S-Class would also scale from this.
Arms Genos kept pace with Dry Deep Sea King, not wet. He dehydrated him with his initial attack after catching him off guard.

Also I'm pretty sure Awakened Cockroach was explicitly faster than Genos, he said his adhesive attack was a last resort vs enemies that outclassed him in speed. I agree with the rest of what you said though.

Roach wasn't faster than Genos in terms of physical speed in the same way say, Flashy Flash is. Cockroach just has automatic body precog that allows him to preemptively dodge attacks. So them being similar in speed means that its just not possible for Genos to land any attacks.

Tetsucabrah

Yeah obviously that's what I was referring too, DSK performed his Mach 249 and 774 feats in his Dry form. Wet or Dry Genos would obviously scale off of that.

What Qaws said.

I do not agree, Barata proved to be MUCH faster than Genos, however much the precog helps, but Genos could not even see his movements.

But it's no use making unusual movement and not having speed, that was together.
Then Genos himself quotes that he has to use the glue account for super fast enemies.

That simply indicates that they are comparable in speed, the combination of his unusual movements and a sixth sense made him to much for Genos to keep up with which is the only reason why he had to resort to his adhesive gel. It wasn't just his speed.

I do not think, even though they are unusual movements, so that one can not even see one's movements, one would have to have a higher speed.

It was a combinaiton of factors that kept him ahead of Genos in that fight, his unusual movements made it hard for Genos to predict his next step, his sixth sense let him sense Genos' line of sight, and he used both smoke and buildings as cover numerous times in the fight. It wasn't just speed.

You can ask the active and experienced members listed in the One-Punch Ma page to comment here, if you wish.

The Cockroach was certainly faster than Genos, had nothing to do with the strange movements, Genos can not follow because the cockroach was faster.

Tetsucabrah said:
Fubuki scales to MHS. She jumped in from of an attack that Genos couldn't initially react to.
What do you mean? If you're talking about Rover then she didn't do that, Genos attempted to beam clash with Rover and lost, which is when Blizzard stepped in to deflect the explosion.

But back on topic.

Now the new chapter sorta brought up some of my older fears with Black Sperm. Does he really scale to Atomic Samurai? Like AS is able to slash him dozens if not hundreds of times over and was overwhelmed with omni-directional attacks or when he wasn't ready for it. BS was also casually blitzed by Bang. BS should still be MHS+, but I think he should belong to Iaian's MHS+ category rather than Atomic Samurai's. Since he's still capable of tagging him, just on a low speed level.

The rest should probably remain as they are since I can't think of a reasonable way to backscale them. But I"m open to other options.

Sigh Unusual Movements was not the only factor at play but it was a signifcant reason why Genos couldn't keep up. As the scans make abundantly clear. But this was only compounded by the fact that he also possessed a sixth sense that allowed him to sense his opponents killing intent (see also; line of sight) along with using the surroudning buildings and smoke as cover. It wasn't just speed. By all means he could have been faster, but for all we know he could have actually been slower and just had all aformentioned factors compensate for him. The most the scene indicates is that their speed was comparable and Roach only outpaced him because of the aformentioned factors.

I honestly don't care either way at this point, as Chaingunfighter1 mentioned the Roach is MHS+ regardless.

I will unsubscribe due to time constraints. You can send me a message if you need my help after you have reached a consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back