• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update on Sponge Bob feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can somebody remind me what we still need to do here? Have all the relevant feats been calculated and evaluated?

Okay. We need to focus on specific areas in order to get anything done though. If we stray in several directions at once, that is unlikely to happen.

I think that what Ogbunabali accepted can be applied.

Except for that we are waiting for calculations.

Is somebody willing to apply what Ogbunabali accepted?

Last edited:
I'm currently getting some consistent tier 8 calcs on my blog by the way. Also, after this, we should talk about whether the 10-C rating should go or not.
If you were to ask me, I'd say the 10-C rating really needs to go after this. It's dogmatic downplay.

I won't deny the SpongeBob characters are small, but it should be common sense that size automatically doesn't equal strength, unless there are no other feats to back up a character. Take The Knight for instance; he's the size of an insect, yet we don't say "Haha he's 10-C because he's bug-sized". And then there's Kirby...

There's also how a lot of people here argue "haha SpongeBob can't lift up marshmallows so that's a supporting feat for 10-C", even though lifting strength is completely different from striking strength.

On another note, scenes like SpongeBob getting overpowered like seagulls (I hate how that's the only scene on that magnitude, yet people think it's consistent) are merely either plot-induced stupidity, or an example of someone upscaling him. After all, are we gonna say Gumball is 10-C now for getting hurt by a balloon, struggling to lift up a bookshelf, and failing to bust down a locked door? Or that Daffy Duck is 9-C via getting harmed by shotgun bullets?

Last edited:
OH, Also most characters have quotes in their profile, Sponge Bob's should have two added in there:

"I am Ready"
~ Sponge Bob SquarePants.

And that one hitting quote from the first Sponge Bob Movie:

"I guess you're right Plankton, I am just a kid... And you know? I been through a lot in the past 6 days 5 minutes 27 in a half seconds, and if I've learned anything during that time... Its that you are who you are... And no amount of mermaid magic... Or managerial promotion... Or some other third thing could make me anything more then what I REALLY am inside... A kid... But that's okay!! Because I did what everyone said a kid couldn't do! I made it to Shell City! and I beat the Cyclops! and I rode the Hasselhoff! And I brought the Crown back!! So yeah I'm a kid! And I'm also a goofball! and a wing nut! And Knuckleheaded McSpazitron! But most of all! I'm!... I'm!... I'm!... I'M A GOOFY GOOBER ! !"
~ SpongeBob SquarePants, 2K04.

Add under the gallery among his origin's. add his theme song. some Sweet Victory and good old Ocean Man by WEEN.

I mean, its literally stated to be 50 but okay.
It should be noted that in some episodes, their way of measuring things is far smaller, such as Plankton being stated to be 2 inches only for me to calculate that he is only 1/4 of Spongebob’s height, to which he is 4 inches, so they pretty much depict their way of measuring things half of what we measure.

If you were to ask me, I'd say the 10-C rating really needs to go after this. It's dogmatic downplay.

I won't deny the SpongeBob characters are small, but it should be common sense that size automatically doesn't equal strength, unless there are no other feats to back up a character. Take The Knight for instance; he's the size of an insect, yet we don't say "Haha he's 10-C because he's bug-sized". And then there's Kirby...

There's also how a lot of people here argue "haha SpongeBob can't lift up marshmallows so that's a supporting feat for 10-C", even though lifting strength is completely different from striking strength.

On another note, scenes like SpongeBob getting overpowered like seagulls (I hate how that's the only scene on that magnitude, yet people think it's consistent) are merely either plot-induced stupidity, or an example of someone upscaling him. After all, are we gonna say Gumball is 10-C now for getting hurt by a balloon, struggling to lift up a bookshelf, and failing to bust down a locked door? Or that Daffy Duck is 9-C via getting harmed by shotgun bullets?
This

It should be noted that in some episodes, their way of measuring things is far smaller, such as Plankton being stated to be 2 inches only for me to calculate that he is only 1/4 of Spongebob’s height, to which he is 4 inches, so they pretty much depict their way of measuring things half of what we measure.
Unless we find evidence even in the comics that suggests Jelly Fish fields is still a large one?

OH, Also most characters have quotes in their profile, Sponge Bob's should have two added in there:
Mermaid: "Evil"-or-"Don't worry good citizens! Nothing will stop me from defeating THE EVIL! NOTHIIING... Ice cream!? I love ice cream"
Man Ray: Some line from this video, I can't decide

Worst case scenario, their pages become varies and 10-C is low end and 8-B the high end. Best scenario, varies up to 8-B
Those seagulls could be stronger than Real Life ones. We already have humans and sea creatures for this verse rated as stronger than normies
Not that it matters since the verse got hakai'd but do you have any idea how much firepower do those fireams actually have just in the old shorts? In new media the most consistent character with higher end feats both in old/new media(Marvin) gets hurt by main characters' guns(heck this happens in the same comic issue charactars no sell getting flinged to other planets or world ending explosions)

Look, if you want anything constructive done here, somebody who knows what he or she is doing needs to apply what has been accepted, and we also needs a few calculations for the most relevant feats mentioned earlier.

Look, if you want anything constructive done here, somebody who knows what he or she is doing needs to apply what has been accepted, and we also needs a few calculations for the most relevant feats mentioned earlier.
I agree, let's first wait for the calcs before we discuss how we apply them and what to apply

Not that it matters since the verse got hakai'd but do you have any idea how much firepower do those fireams actually have just in the old shorts? In new media the most consistent character with higher end feats both in old/new media(Marvin) gets hurt by main characters' guns(heck this happens in the same comic issue charactars no sell getting flinged to other planets or world ending explosions)
Yeah, I'm already aware Looney Tunes guns are way more powerful than real life ones. I was just using Daffy getting hurt by them as an example since most other people don't think too much of it and treat it like normal guns.

So...is it okay if we sent the calcs done so far in this thread to the calc evaluation thread(minus Sandy's karate chop since it got checked already)?

Yes, of course. Tell us here when they have been evaluated please.

I just need to upload the images to Squidina’s feat first then you can evaluate it
Ok, Lets add these in the mean time. We should ask another calc person as well though cuz let me tell ya there's still a bit more so we could get some Multi City Block consistency at least, could be higher with high end town feat from the rocket could be something via contending with Dutchman who has the energy of a Nook or create storm clouds time to time.

You want me to name what we have left or?

Didnt the cast die to Dutchman’s nuke though? Even if the feat was legit, it would create problems for scaling hence how it would only scale to the Flying Dutchman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back