• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

spongebob low 2c upgrade

I suggest that the spongebob squarepants universe should be 4D, and in such an indirect way, I think spongebob should be 4D at first. To summarize in the SB-129 episode, our friends must travel in time in one place, while in one place they go back 2000 years, while the other goes to the future, space and time waves started to form while these were happening, so they formed in a universe. We can prove that there is space and time in the universe where the sponge is located.

here

Space is 3-dimensional and time is 1-dimensional. With the relationship of these two, a 4-dimensional structure is formed. This means that space-time is something that has already been proven and in the universe, the machine creates space and time waves, and this is not only in this episode, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water also includes Plankton and SpongeBob is sent to the space-time vortex seen in the scenes where "Squeeze Me" is playing. This means that there must be space-time waves in the universe that SpongeBob destroys, and the space-time indirectly spongebob squarepants universe must be 4D.

It's already a 4-D cosmology, though? Any universe including its spacetime is 4-D. Not that it matters anyway, because SpongeBob's cosmology is much higher than that.
The vs battle wiki universe is getting 3D and going full scale from Spongebob, so I thought about this upgrade and made it.

Based on what's written in the OP, this is more like a cosmology upgrade.
Actually, yes, it is a cosmology upgrade, but this will automatically be reflected in SpongeBob because Spongebob's plot manipulation works on the whole universe, so it will be 4D.

At a quick glance, I'm not sure I can agree with this. The glaring problem is, this OP is founded on the assumption that any given fictional cosmology is 3-D by default, when we already recognize that all fictions are at least Low 2-C in their entireties. Let me elaborate:
  • "After their time machine goes haywire, we see them hurdling past space-time waves, proving space-time exists in their universe."
  • "We see these space-time waves again in a recent movie, proving it's consistent."
  • "Therefore, since the Spongebob universe contains space-time, Spongebob's universe-wiping feat must have encompassed space-time."
This reasoning wouldn't work here. These "space-time waves" are just a timestream and visual representation of the fabric of space-time, which as I said, is something all fictional worlds will have by default. That being established, universe-spanning feats don't have to extend to the abstract fabric of space-time, hence why the distinction between 3-A and Low 2-C exists in the first place.

At a quick glance, I'm not sure I can agree with this. The glaring problem is, this OP is founded on the assumption that any given fictional cosmology is 3-D by default, when we already recognize that all fictions are at least Low 2-C in their entireties. Let me elaborate:
  • "After their time machine goes haywire, we see them hurdling past space-time waves, proving space-time exists in their universe."
  • "We see these space-time waves again in a recent movie, proving it's consistent."
  • "Therefore, since the Spongebob universe contains space-time, Spongebob's universe-wiping feat must have encompassed space-time."
This reasoning wouldn't work here. These "space-time waves" are just a timestream and visual representation of the fabric of space-time, which as I said, is something all fictional worlds will have by default. That being established, universe-spanning feats don't have to extend to the abstract fabric of space-time, hence why the distinction between 3-A and Low 2-C exists in the first place.

I made space and time as a unifier in the structure called "space-time continuum", that is, the wave issue there boils from continuity and I threw out that there is space-time in the universe because the time machine creates a continuity there gradually and this is the space-time continuum and spongebob's plot manipulation is the whole thing. Spongebob needs to have a 4D plot because it permeates everything. The universe is something that already includes space and time, so there's not much to that. Thank you for expressing your opinions.

no cosmology can be higher? The fact that you write disagree and agree with it proves that you are a truly contradictory person. Spongebob's probability will perhaps be higher in the future.
To clarify: Cosmologies can absolutely be higher than 4D. I think they were simply referring to that of SpongeBob's. And even then, it's possible the cosmology could be higher. Would need to personally look more into that myself.
Since SpongeBob's plot manipulation permeates the entire universe, plot manipulation can be 4-dimensional
I think this is accepted by vsb, otherwise I will open a crt about it.
In many episodes (especially newer ones), Spongebob, Sandy, Patrick, etc. will all literally invoke, or otherwise assure the ending of an episode, and provide a little object even to indicate when an episode has reached 'The End.'

For a recent example: In the Patrick Star show, at the end of a 'science' episode, Sandy starts on an absurdist, pseudo-scientist grift, parody infomercial to sell crystals to start ending the episode, and Patrick helps finish it through offering to sell 'heavy objects.' Their first sucker orders their 'heaviest object,' and a giant crystal crushes them with the words 'The end' engraved into it, thus ending the episode (Dr. Smart Science with Prof. Patrick, 31b). Pretty clear cut plot manipulation.

At the least, there's also some nifty meta-awareness that's been sprinkled throughout the series since even the earliest seasons, this clever meta joke being the first one that comes to mind (took me too long to realize it was a meta-joke to begin with. That's what makes good meta humor lol):

Yeah, there's the Dreamy Dreamer who views the SpongeBob multiverse as a dream (5-D) as well as the "Real World" which views the SpongeBob comics (Which includes the Dreamy Dreamer) as fiction (6-D).

Though that's a discussion for another time.
I looked a little more into it: The comics could be a crazy source for higher tiering. Would need to look much more into such, but still.

Yeah, there's the Dreamy Dreamer who views the SpongeBob multiverse as a dream (5-D) as well as the "Real World" which views the SpongeBob comics (Which includes the Dreamy Dreamer) as fiction (6-D).
I don't agree with 6th Dimensional Spongebob, since we see other "Real World" people like Patchy and Burger Beard interact with Spongebob just fine, implying they exist within the same dimension.

Obviously every fictional verse has a 4D cosmology by default, that's just how Space-Time continuums work, but SpongeBob is never shown fully affecting the entire universe's space-time on a significant (or any) scale, at best he's only affecting the physical universe

Last edited:
Back