• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update on Sponge Bob feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if the comic is indeed canon then the scan should be posted on the verse page
Well you are just looking at it and it should. Explicitly, those comics aren't always a thing unless Hillenburg himself, a veteran of comics and the one who literally did the proto of Bob the flipping Sponge APPROVES... AND HE DOES.

That means the comics CAN be used as its literally authorized/supervised by Hillenburg himself, this shouldn't be too hard to wrap one's head around.

Alright, here's a summary of what I gathered from the OP and other stuff (I sent feats that could be calced to...well, the calc request thread because 10-C SpongeBob is bad)

- The cast are capable of destroying Sandy's dome (in the episodes Surf 'n' Turf, a comic, No Pictures Please, and Squirrel Jelly), which, as revealed in the episode "Feral Friends", is made of 10 Ton pressure-proof glass. The French Narrator, who has been in the series since the first episode, acknowledges this in the episode. The dome is also shown to have thick metal layers (Texas and Survival of the Idiots)

- Squidward and Patrick can tank lightning. There's a lot more instances of this

- Mr. Krabs takes a direct blast from Neptune's trident. Neptune's trident can severely burn David Hasselhoff, with Hasselhoff being this powerful

- The cast can survive noises capable of shattering massive windows (which reminds me, SpongeBob and Patrick could tank this)

- Sandy stated (and showed) she could wrangle bulls, which is brought up again in the episode Surf n Turf. This is a casual (and supporting) Class 5 feat. And while it can be argued "oh, well, then why didn't she take on the Alaskan Bull Worm???", the episode would be a lot shorter if she fought the worm and effortlessly defeated it, so...

- In case the above feat comes off as an exaggeration, Sandy is the toughest of the main cast, to where some of Bikini Bottom's citizens were scared of her. This also isn't the only time we see glimpses of her past life in Texas.

- SpongeBob would get Acrobatics for this and this (there's likely way more instances)

- SpongeBob is not only a karate master, but wrestling as well

- SpongeBob likely makes a pocket dimension at 15:43 here

- SpongeBob gets skin ripped off without any pain. He's also been chopped in half twice without pain

- SpongeBob and Patrick spend six months traveling nonstop. Supporting stamina feat

- SpongeBob and Squidward can hear both of their narrations. Supporting Telepathy feat for SB and would give that ability to Squidward

- SpongeBob and Patrick would get Plot Manipulation from this, this, this, and this. Basically, they can script the story and enter them. SpongeBob can also disorient panels

- Portal Creation and Reality Warping for SpongeBob

- SpongeBob and Patrick can still talk while their eyes are the only remaining solid part of their bodies

- Supernatural Luck for SpongeBob from how Kevin sent SpongeBob on many dangerous tasks, such as capturing a specific amount of jellyfish, only to immediately capture them. Kevin gives him more dangerous tasks, but all the pain goes to Kevin instead of SpongeBob. Should be consistent with how this feat is already on his profile, as well as how in "Club SpongeBob", Squidward directly said his problems can't be solved with things falling from the sky. A second later, that literally happens. There's even a feat where he bested Sandy's karate master on COMPLETE accident.

- Resistance to Age Manipulation for SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs due to instantly deaging themselves

- Sandy makes a time traveling ice cream

- Pain Manipulation resistance for Patrick, as he laughed while his brain was being tickled

- Transmutation resistance for Krabs, who was still conscious and immediately reformed himself from being turned into gum (Could possibly double as a regeneration feat since he splattered to pieces and was back to normal in the next panel)

- Ice Manipulation for SpongeBob, as he froze people with his "cool" persona

Last edited:
- The cast are capable of destroying Sandy's dome (in the episodes Surf 'n' Turf, a comic, No Pictures Please, and Squirrel Jelly), which, as revealed in the episode "Feral Friends", is made of 10 Ton pressure-proof glass. The French Narrator, who has been in the series since the first episode, acknowledges this in the episode. The dome is also shown to have thick metal layers (Texas and Survival of the Idiots)
Not to forget the part I mentioned in "the Krabby patty that ate bikini bottom" Sponge Bob himself contained the giant patty monster that consumed her dome, Squid Ward described it as a 300 foot uncooked menu item.
And I motioned in the OP in the Triton episode Krabs also took a zap from Neptune's wife, the Bikini Bottom Mites themselves took Tritons God Powers.

In fact there are much more then this other then some of the lower feats.

Also just realized that Spongebob plot hax on his page comes from the Magic Page, we should prolly moved the Magic Page's hax into a new tabber for Spongebob to not make a mess since we are adding Plot Hax for Base Spongebob

Hate to be that guy, but I may have something new that backs up SpongeBob's Supernatural Luck.

Throughout the episode SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, the Tattletale Strangler (who is a serial killer with a long history of killing "tattletales") attempts to murder SpongeBob on numerous occasions, but every time he tries to do so, he constantly gets interrupted by people barging in no matter what. Then, when he tries to escape from SpongeBob via jumping out of a plane, he ends up landing in a conveniently located prison, right in the middle of a cell.

Hate to be that guy, but I may have something new that backs up SpongeBob's Supernatural Luck.

Throughout the episode SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, the Tattletale Strangler (who is a serial killer with a long history of killing "tattletales") attempts to murder SpongeBob on numerous occasions, but every time he tries to do so, he constantly gets interrupted by people barging in no matter what. Then, when he tries to escape from SpongeBob via jumping out of a plane, he ends up landing in a conveniently located prison, right in the middle of a cell.
yes-exactly.jpg
5b11f10c125b0.png

I can't believe I missed that one, that's a GOOD ONE.

Last edited:
In Karate Choppers SB beats Sandy in Karate 2 times, 1 loss and 1 draw. SB squishes Sandy into a ball and throws her hard enough to make a hole thru a metal door. SB bends a metal floor with 1 karate chop. In their last fight, they shake that little island despite still being underwater, karate chop clean a coral, a rock and a bridge
In The Algae's Always Greener, Plankton gets thrown fast/hard enough to penatrate thru a metal door and ricochet a few other time; Alternative Reality Krabs can move fast enough to become a blur

Last edited:
WOAH WERE HALFWAY THERE..................

Jokes asides Spongebob will finally get the respect and its nice that we have more evidence of Plot Manipulation

I don't really think it's faulty to assume the comics are canon when the show's creator, Stephen Hillenburg, had more direct involvement with them than he did with the actual show.

And if it helps, there's a lot of references to past episodes throughout the comics (heck, some of the comic's writers are people who initially worked on the first three seasons of the show, like Derek Drymon, who was the former creative director, and Jay Lender). Also, I've already said I'll sum up what needs to be done here, just gimme some time

Okay. The comics that were overseen by Hillenburg are probably fine to use then.

Alright, here's a summary of what I gathered from the OP and other stuff (I sent feats that could be calced to...well, the calc request thread because 10-C SpongeBob is bad)

- Squidward and Patrick can tank lightning. There's a lot more instances of this

- Mr. Krabs takes a direct blast from Neptune's trident. Neptune's trident can severely burn David Hasselhoff, with Hasselhoff being this powerful

- The cast can survive noises capable of shattering massive windows (which reminds me, SpongeBob and Patrick could tank this)

- Sandy stated (and showed) she could wrangle bulls, which is brought up again in the episode Surf n Turf. This is a casual (and supporting) Class 5 feat. And while it can be argued "oh, well, then why didn't she take on the Alaskan Bull Worm???", the episode would be a lot shorter if she fought the worm and effortlessly defeated it, so...

- In case the above feat comes off as an exaggeration, Sandy is the toughest of the main cast, to where some of Bikini Bottom's citizens were scared of her. This also isn't the only time we see glimpses of her past life in Texas.

- SpongeBob would get Acrobatics for this and this (there's likely way more instances)

- SpongeBob gets skin ripped off without any pain. He's also been chopped in half twice without pain

- SpongeBob and Patrick spend six months traveling nonstop. Supporting stamina feat

- SpongeBob and Squidward can hear both of their narrations. Supporting Telepathy feat for SB and would give that ability to Squidward

- SpongeBob and Patrick would get Plot Manipulation from this, this, this, and this. Basically, they can script the story and enter them. SpongeBob can also disorient panels

- SpongeBob and Patrick can still talk while their eyes are the only remaining solid part of their bodies

- Supernatural Luck for SpongeBob from how Kevin sent SpongeBob on many dangerous tasks, such as capturing a specific amount of jellyfish, only to immediately capture them. Kevin gives him more dangerous tasks, but all the pain goes to Kevin instead of SpongeBob. Should be consistent with how this feat is already on his profile, as well as how in "Club SpongeBob", Squidward directly said his problems can't be solved with things falling from the sky. A second later, that literally happens. There's even a feat where he bested Sandy's karate master on COMPLETE accident.

- Resistance to Age Manipulation for SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs due to instantly deaging themselves

- Pain Manipulation resistance for Patrick, as he laughed while his brain was being tickled

- Transmutation resistance for Krabs, who was still conscious and immediately reformed himself from being turned into gum (Could possibly double as a regeneration feat since he splattered to pieces and was back to normal in the next panel)

@SomebodyData @Dragonmasterxyz @Celestial_Pegasus @Soldier_Blue @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Ogbunabali @Abstractions

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this thread?

Also, Mr. Bambu and Damage3245, would either of you be willing to calculate the relevant feats above, or should I ask other calc group members instead?

Okay. The comics that were overseen by Hillenburg are probably fine to use then.
However, he died and all, so what are we going to do over future works on the series?
While we are on that, Kamp Koral seems to not be canon as it's just a sort of alternate universe as Sandy did some time travel stuff to change the course of history apparently.

I mean, he worked for them for a majority at the time of his life, so why wouldn’t any future comics be canon if he approved of the previous ones before his death?

The comics discontinued a month before Hillenburg (unfortunately) died, so they're still usable. Even if they hypothetically went on, I'm sure they'd still be usable considering how much he overlooked (for 7 years).

After all, Hillenburg left the show during Season 4 and returned after the second movie, yet we still use feats from that era. Many other franchises are like that.

This'd need a calc, we can see the thickness on screen too.
Well you don't actually "tank" lightning physical durability wise. Resistance to electricity manipulation is fine though.
Like the lightning you don't physically tank sound either, but resistance to sound manipulation is fine.
Why is wrangling bulls a Class 5 feat? Is there a standard we have or an article you can link?

This is fine
I mean this was just a flashback with 0 context as to what's going on, so don't see why we should assume he created a pocket dimension for no reason.

Time stamp?
Only the first and last one seem to imply it. Don't see why the middle two were there.
-Resistance to Age Manipulation for SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs due to instantly deaging themselves
They were only there for 3 days, so they couldn't have aged that much. Just seems like purely a gag.
Well the brain doesn't have any pain receptors, and laughing like that is probably one of the more realistic reactins one would have in that situation if they could survive it.
Seems more like regen to be honest.

This'd need a calc, we can see the thickness on screen too.
And as I said when we see Primal Pearl she dwarfs Patchy by a lot, and Primal Squid ward engulfed her dome and later we see him reach half of Pearls size... Realistic Whales of which can reach THESE SIZES.
Well you don't actually "tank" lightning physical durability wise. Resistance to electricity manipulation is fine though.
I mean there are some instances that this got something.
Like the lightning you don't physically tank sound either, but resistance to sound manipulation is fine.
destruction like that validated something if I recall but ok.
Why is wrangling bulls a Class 5 feat? Is there a standard we have or an article you can link?
Bulls are said to be this class.

What Ogbunabali has accepted can probably be applied. Thank you for helping out.

By the way, I recalculated Spongebob's reef blower feat
You forgot to multiply by 1000 to convert it from kilometers to meters

You wrote: 20,004km / 7s = 2857.714 m/s, but while the speed is in meters, the distance is in kilometers so you'll need to convert it to meters

V = 20,004km / 7s = 2857.714 Km/s = 2,857,714 m/s

E = 0.5 * m * v^2 = 0.5 * 1.347 * 10^21 * (2,857,714)^2 = 5.500157487453606e+33 joules, which is 5-B, just slightly below 5-B+

You wrote: 20,004km / 7s = 2857.714 m/s, but while the speed is in meters, the distance is in kilometers so you'll need to convert it to meters

E = 0.5 * m * v^2 = 0.5 * 1.347 * 10^21 * (2,857,714)^2 = 5.500157487453606e+33 joules, which is 5-B, just slightly below 5-B+
Ah. That should probably be corrected first then. Sorry.

And as I said when we see Primal Pearl she dwarfs Patchy by a lot, and Primal Squid ward engulfed her dome and later we see him reach half of Pearls size... Realistic Whales of which can reach THESE SIZES.
Hmm, alright, but I'm not sure I'm following. How does this relate to the cast?
Yeah, but wrangling bulls isn't that exciting. You don't really overpower them in like a straight wrestling match sort of way, you kind of tire them down slowly over time.

As for this calc. I asked a calc group member on discord for confirmation, but we don't allow usage of KE like this anymore.

Hmm, alright, but I'm not sure I'm following. How does this relate to the cast?
As for this calc. I asked a calc group member on discord for confirmation, but we don't allow usage of KE like this anymore.

1. I think he's saying the size of the dome is really big as it is larger than real life whales, so the calculators of the dome destroying feat need to keep this in mind
2. We don't????

1. I think he's saying the size of the dome is really big as it is larger than real life whales, so the calculators of the dome destroying feat need to keep this in mind
Why would that be relevant though? The hole Patrick makes is just his size 1:1.
So is there any way to use this feat?
The speed should be fine to use if a calc member approved it and it's not an outlier or anything, but you just can't get a KE rating from that sort of feat.

I mean there are some instances that this got something.
There're are characters who use lightning as durability, like Lucky Luke
destruction like that validated something if I recall but ok.
It should count as durability too not just resistance as it was causing direct physical damage to the enviorment by sheer force(of sound)

I mean this was just a flashback with 0 context as to what's going on, so don't see why we should assume he created a pocket dimension for no reason.
I think it could count as an intelligence feat as Spongebob modified the Krusty Krab in that scene
They were only there for 3 days, so they couldn't have aged that much. Just seems like purely a gag.
Most of their feats are just gags. They could have aged themselves too(out of impatience)
Well the brain doesn't have any pain receptors, and laughing like that is probably one of the more realistic reactins one would have in that situation if they could survive it.
But the meat and skull removed from his head do have pain receptors

There're are characters who use lightning as durability, like Lucky Luke
If there are they should get downgraded as that's incorrect. As for Lucky Luke it seems the main reason for 8-C is the giant explosion, though there's no calc so that should be brought up in a CRT.
It should count as durability too not just resistance as it was causing direct physical damage to the enviorment by sheer force(of sound)
It was causing damage via vibrations. To get physical durability out of that it'd need it to do it via like a force push type of way.

Why would that be relevant though? The hole Patrick makes is just his size 1:1.
For god sakes man its not just that! I already said somewhere that SpongeBob literally sustained and absorbed a literal growth patty monster which swallowed EVERYTHING in Bikini Bottom including yes, destroying Sandy's domes. I mean everything, Its literally described as a 300 foot menu item.

For god sakes man its not just that! I already said somewhere that SpongeBob literally sustained and absorbed a literal growth patty monster which swallowed EVERYTHING in Bikini Bottom including yes, destroying Sandy's domes. I mean everything, Its literally described as a 300 foot menu item.
Well I don't know where you posted that or why you decided to argue this. I replied to Patrick making a hole in the wall. If there's another feat you should post that instead.

1. Anyway, Whales are varying in size. Just because Pearl is a whale does not mean that they are as large as a blue or humpback whale. So we should just look at the size of Sandys dome from what we see.

2. Spongebob absorbing the patty monster is another feat for absorption and that's it, not AP or anything

1. Anyway, Whales are varying in size. Just because Pearl is a whale does not mean that they are as large as a blue or humpback whale. So we should just look at the size of Sandys dome from what we see.
Well like I said she still managed to dwarf Patchy (Tom Kenny is like 5'11)
2. Spongebob absorbing the patty monster is another feat for absorption and that's it, not AP or anything
I mean Sandy's growth formula legit destroyed the dome, and Sponge Bob managed to contain that same destructive formula in his body.

Last edited:
Well I don't know where you posted that or why you decided to argue this. I replied to Patrick making a hole in the wall. If there's another feat you should post that instead.
I posted it on the OP. You all have to really understand given Viacum copyright made me finding the episodes an immense pain in the artery's to deal with (Hell, one of the feats Sponge Bob has on his profile that were on YouTube, if its not on the official channel, will be removed) but I found a way for those to view. I specially had instructions for those follow and yes the symbols are not easy in the eyes I GET IT but that's the only way as this site by the mentioning of the said site will not make me access it. I'm sorry if it came out messy for some because of those but there's currently no other way to view these unless by sheer luck on Youtube/Daily Motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back