• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

(and Cream needs a dad)
shrek-donkey.gif

I've seen a recent trend of pure revisionist history with people's perceptions of DBZ's Broly compared to DBS's Broly. Apparently the DBZ Broly "actually had a shocking amount of depth" and DBS Broly "just screams." Like no, you're making stuff up in a desperate attempt to salvage DBZ Broly's horrifically shallow character. And somehow, even if they're not saying this about DBZ Broly, they're still saying DBS Broly is the one with no character?

I'm genuinely convinced Dragon Ball fans actually hate good writing lmao DBS Broly will always be the superior Broly

I agree somewhat. The amount of times I died to BS stuff in RLCraft made me feel emotions I never thought I would have to Minecraft. It's annoying, hard, and painful af, yet I love it and see myself coming back to start a new playthrough every few months or so.

Also, the horror modpacks are awful, don't bother with them. Majority of the "horror" modpacks are just either screamers or another variant that stalks you for a bit and then kills you. It's only mildly scary the first time, then it becomes tedious.

Anyways, try other modpacks like Prominence or ATM8-9 (It's a grindfest at the end ngl but it's quite fun before that) if RLCraft feels like an abusive ex to you.
Where do I find accessories in Prominence?

I am playing it RN because a friend made a server. I am still playing it because it has tech mods (Though I am sad by the lack of OP tinker tools)

concord-is-shutting-down-v0-s2803sw6bmmd1.jpeg

8 years in the making MADE YOU A F-ING CONCORD
concord releases on the 23rd of august
valve announces deadlock early access on the same day
not even two weeks have passed yet Concord is already shutting down
early access, invite-only Deadlock currently has more players than both Concord's beta tests and launch day combined
dynamo is literally me

Minecraft Movie trailer is out. Kinda looks like ass, but ngl I do like the mob designs. Heck, I would've been okay with Jack Black being the only actor in this movie with his design, it would be pretty funny. Instead we got whatever it was that we got. Kids looking like background characters from Spy Kids, Momoa looking like a Dora-themed Jojo villain that gets defeated in a goofy way somewhere along part 4, the lady looks like a thwomp.

Imagine it turns the tables and somehow turns out to be hilarious? It'd take a miracle but it'd be a pretty funny thing to happen.

I think the trailer is fine? Idk why so much hate. I would prefer if it was 100% animated or with less normal humans, but I can still see it working

I'm the greatest Minecraft Story Mode defender, but like, its just a trailer that doesn't even have 2 minutes

Am I to witness peak? Or is peak to witness me?
Sad that the humans are humans and not cubes and that theres more characters than just Jack Black

It would have been so easy to have this movie be animated like the official trailers and have the plot be like that one minecraft novel smh. But this movie is probably gonna do crazy well no matter the quality so maybe it doesn't matter.

It would have been so easy to have this movie be animated like the official trailers and have the plot be like that one minecraft novel smh. But this movie is probably gonna do crazy well no matter the quality so maybe it doesn't matter.
Its gonna bypass Avengers Endgame fr

Every day I'm grateful the Sonic Cinematic Universe turned out the way it did...

(Even if the way it started was, admittedly, even worse than any of this. But such is the power of complaining that it turns things around completely lmao)

Am I to witness peak? Or is peak to witness me?
Sad that the humans are humans and not cubes and that theres more characters than just Jack Black

Imagine if this movie makes a billion dollars anyway despite the hate it gets

As much as I am enjoying Deadlock, I'm worried that this game will fall to the same fate that Dota 2 did, where watching other people play the game is much more enjoyable than actually playing it. The way the game and map is designed means that there's so many complexities and variables to take into account that I think even the sweatiest of swamp ass gamers would struggle with just the basics. It's actually impressive that an early access game that needs several more months to be finished has this much complicated stuff to begin with. Having to memorize all the horizontal and vertical movement tech, the ever-changing landscape, how in the hell are you supposed to use your late game items (if you don't forget you bought them), and the additional fact of remembering you're not playing a free-for-all game and that you in fact have to work with five other people, four of which likely ragequitted already, with only one person understanding what you wanna do and actually doing well at co-ordinating with you.

I hope Valve finds a way to make casuals have fun with this game, even though(beit) I'm not one.
woBTiRu.png

As much as I am enjoying Deadlock, I'm worried that this game will fall to the same fate that Dota 2 did, where watching other people play the game is much more enjoyable than actually playing it. The way the game and map is designed means that there's so many complexities and variables to take into account that I think even the sweatiest of swamp ass gamers would struggle with just the basics. It's actually impressive that an early access game that needs several more months to be finished has this much complicated stuff to begin with. Having to memorize all the horizontal and vertical movement tech, the ever-changing landscape, how in the hell are you supposed to use your late game items (if you don't forget you bought them), and the additional fact of remembering you're not playing a free-for-all game and that you in fact have to work with five other people, four of which likely ragequitted already, with only one person understanding what you wanna do and actually doing well at co-ordinating with you.

I hope Valve finds a way to make casuals have fun with this game, even though(beit) I'm not one.
woBTiRu.png
Making builds is always complicated.

My only complaints about the game are 3:
Optimization
Map size (I wish it was bigger, a bigger "Jungle")
Balancing (seriously, some characters are broken)

Valve has plenty of time to improve and fix things, this shit isn't even in early access, it's a closed test.

The only shit is that it became too popular. You can only play this with invitations and this game reaches 100 thousand simultaneous players daily.

There are more players in this when the server is closed than there are players in Overwatch 2.

With so many people like that, the crowd could end up losing the game's hype, since being in a closed test it could take a while for the content to be released + the Valve team being "small" making it take longer (I could be wrong but from what I remember the development team Valve's game development is small compared to the rest of the market, if I'm wrong let me know).

(I could be wrong but from what I remember the development team Valve's game development is small compared to the rest of the market, if I'm wrong let me know).
From what little I know, Valve let's a good chunk of their workers decide on which team they wanna develop for. Unsurprisingly, this has lead to everyone congregating to the Index VR group, which is why we get basically no TF2 updates and why icefrog for some reason is still allowed to work on dota by himself most of the time.

man just talking about the game makes me wish the servers were back up i think ill satiate it by working on the verse's profiles

Off topic but Sonic is genuinely amazing. I have never had a better gaming experience than the times when I played Sonic Mega Collection when I was a young buck. I played that shit so much I knew some of the games like the back of my hand. Would sell my soul to get that feeling back

Back