• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

That ratio on his new vid though..
4b12HFb.png

he reaaaally shouldn't have ignored the drama.
And with the allegations of poor treatment at the filming on his amazon series? Yeah that won't cut it man.

Anyways the ending to My Hero Academia came out and the fans got blueballed. I stopped reading MHA deep into the final arcs but thought to come back, only to be hit with the news of an ending so bad it reminds people of the attack on titan ending. I read it, it is very disappointing, Deku got screwed over hard.

Anyways the ending to My Hero Academia came out and the fans got blueballed. I stopped reading MHA deep into the final arcs but thought to come back, only to be hit with the news of an ending so bad it reminds people of the attack on titan ending. I read it, it is very disappointing, Deku got screwed over hard.
Teen years are the peak indeed.

Heck, what is it with manga and bad endings?
There's the infamous ending of AOT
There's the ending to Bleach which many consider lackluster
There's the ending to Jojo part 6 which I hate personally

Another ending I find horrible and disagree with the fans on it is the Houseki no kuni ending where the MC went through so much suffering only to get screwed over for 10000 years and then left to suffer alone on an empty planet. Sure the epilogue makes it a happier ending but it doesn't change the fact that the story...was kinda pointless ngl. The MC never got a purpose, they never got a deserving ending, they never got to be friends with people and got screwed over by every friend they made. The fans can like it all they want but the MC never did anything wrong, all they wanted was to help everyone, to save everyone, and instead gets suffering.

Because he's massive they tend to get it worse
Also the fusion of various envies of the rich, the successful and the kind leads to attracting truly ugly personalities (regardless if the drama has merit or not).

People just can't be allowed to be "good" online their dirty laundry, dark side, sins, etc needs to be broadcast so "regular people" can feel good about themselves. A shame how cynical social media has made both zoomers and millennials become.

Another ending I find horrible and disagree with the fans on it is the Houseki no kuni ending where the MC went through so much suffering only to get screwed over for 10000 years and then left to suffer alone on an empty planet. Sure the epilogue makes it a happier ending but it doesn't change the fact that the story...was kinda pointless ngl. The MC never got a purpose, they never got a deserving ending, they never got to be friends with people and got screwed over by every friend they made. The fans can like it all they want but the MC never did anything wrong, all they wanted was to help everyone, to save everyone, and instead gets suffering.
That was kinda the point. To save you the sermon, Houseki is blatantly buddhist in its entirety, and some of the core tenants of buddhism is how life is suffering and true peace can only be archieved in oblivion (Nirvana). To not spoil anyone the ending, its basically the making of a buddha put into a manga. Heck, even the fact that the series ends after chapter 108 is on the nose its actually stupid.

The ending is definitly devisive, but its beautiful in its own way. Its about allowing imperfection, about accepting yourself for who you are and not allow your peers to dictate your worth. In its own words, its okay to "break" and let life run its course.

I think the ending is decent, but I can see why people are disappointed.

That was kinda the point. To save you the sermon, Houseki is blatantly buddhist in its entirety, and some of the core tenants of buddhism is how life is suffering and true peace can only be archieved in oblivion (Nirvana). To not spoil anyone the ending, its basically the making of a buddha put into a manga. Heck, even the fact that the series ends after chapter 108 is on the nose its actually stupid.
I am very much not into buddhism
The ending is definitly devisive, but its beautiful in its own way. Its about allowing imperfection, about accepting yourself for who you are and not allow your peers to dictate your worth. In its own words, its okay to "break" and let life run its course.
But then there's yet again no point to that beyond the oblivion at the end of your life. It's useless, it's depressing, not to mention your attempt at breaking away and doing something special for everyone only gets you cucked by the entire population of the universe.

I am very much not into buddhism
Then you chose the wrong series to read bucko
But then there's yet again no point to that beyond the oblivion at the end of your life. It's useless, it's depressing, not to mention your attempt at breaking away and doing something special for everyone only gets you cucked by the entire population of the universe.
Thats exactly the message the series tries to convey, it just reached a different conclusion to yours. Big disclaimer that I dont believe yours to be wrong, and youre not the only one who found the ending pointless. I reckon it has more to do with how the second half of the manga just completly riccocheted off the initial half, to the point that it felt like you read 2 wholly different series cramed into one. But for what it was supposed to be, it was a decent conclusion in my eyes.

Yeah, life is ultimatley pointless, yeah, expectations forced onto you suck and yeah, your own desires will clash with those near you. But all the more, it is important to let go of those shackles and live life to your own accords. Create your lifes purpose, live for your own sake and strive for harmony and oneness with the universe. Its definitly the ending of a manga of all times, thats for sure.

"The story of how I peaked in high school"

Back