• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious talk

Broadly speaking, I don't get the idea of how something being uninspired or a 'rehash' as it automatically it being bad.

Inheritance Cycle, My Hero Academia and Magic the Gathering never really leave the shadow of the genre or setting they inhabit and they still are all well written with all credit due. Saying something is bad because it is not original is just silly imo.

And even then, it might be arbitrary.

@Ant Ah I see. I do wish comics would have a street tier vigilante that's far closer to what an actual human could do. That's be pretty interesting.

• Pierrot and Toei aren't bad. At least they can make shonen series longer than freaking 26 episodes
  • I much prefer Aikatsu and PriPara over Love Live or Idolm@ster. I still like all of them though
  • GT and Super are both equally good.
  • GeGeGe no Kitaro and Akuma-kun are very underrated mangas/animes.
  • (Aikatsu Stars! related) There needed to be more merchandise of Koharu. Sadly now there can't be since AiStars is over and we're moving on to AiFure
  • The Digimon anime only got good starting with Frontier. Adventure/02 and Tamers are bad and overrated
  • 4kids wasn't that bad

"The Kaioshin and Hakaishin are kinda just a universal-scale metaphor for construction workers and demolition workers."

"Role playing games were tedious and a waste of my time. I couldn't even get out of Onett before I stopped playing."

"I actually don't care about Fire Emblem nor most of the fantasy genre. Warhammer 40K, Skyrim and the like are exceptions."

"Cave Story and Shovel Knight are much better then more than half of modern indie games."

Here is one of mine:

I'm not really that fond of Pokemon. Sure, I watched it when I was little (in Kindergarten I watched the Pokemon movie in which Ash turns to stone in class, still have the CD as a matter of fact), I played the game on the Gameboy Advanced, and had some trading cards but I just don't really feel the nostalgia that much as compared to DBZ, for example. I don't really get excited seeing Pokemon and not really excited by any major news regarding it. I also don't care of any Pokemon stuff. Very weird since Pokemon was one of the shows I grew up watching.

Yeah, I agree with 4kids not being that bad. I still think most of their theme songs are surprisingly fun.

The 1960 dub of Astro Boy was good for what it was. Though, naming Tobio Tenma to "Astra Boytem" was pretty dumb. The 80s dub was good too, even if the naming is a little weird (Jupiter was renamed to "Devil King" for example).

The Digimon Movie is awesome.

The Nutshack is actually pretty alright if you get past the awful presentation.

Harry Potter isn't really a bad character. Not the best character in the series, but not the worst.

Buster Baxter is not the best character in Arthur. Sue Ellen Armstrong, though may be a bit of a mary sue, is more interesting. The Brain is objectively the best though.

I still miss Jetix.

I want to see Aikatsu (both the anime and the game) come to the West. Same for PriPara too.

Cocotama is an underrated anime.

@Dark What did the 80's dub of Astro Boy do to the Black Jack episode?

I really don't like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I find it's art style to be repulsing. I'm not joking at all, I can't bother to care one bit about the story when it looks so dang ugly.

I feel sick just by looking at it.

Dragon Ball>Dragon Ball Z, GT, and Super.

I don't like SSJ4 design and I enjoy Super more then Z.

I liked SAO, not the greatest but it's good.

RWBY... I don't care about ships, what's wrong with being friends? (I don't hate shipping)

I'm absolutely terrified of FNAF and can't get into the series because of it.

I love Final Fantasy XIII and it's sequels. No matter how hard I try I just can't enjoy Final Fantasy 7, I find it's gameplay to be horrible.

Ironically though I'm excited for FF7 remix still in hopes of finally being able to enjoy the game.

I really like Skyward Sword and I found it's controls to be fun.

Most anime is incredibly boring and distasteful.

Characters/Series above Universe level are usually extremely boring and cringeworthy. It teaches you that however how powerful people think it is on the internet it won't change how bad it is if you have Sue characters, which is most of the time from what I've seen.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Characters/Series above Universe level are usually extremely boring and cringeworthy. It teaches you that however how powerful people think it is on the internet it won't change how bad it is if you have Sue characters, which is most of the time from what I've seen.
Bill Cipher is 2-A last I checked and he's still an awsome villain.

Kaiser Kōnt said:

I agree

Bill Cipher is 2-A last I checked and he's still an awsome villain.

Never watched Adventure Time so I can't disagree.

By that I usually meant incredibly obscure VN/Anime characters who no one out of Japan would've heard of if not for vs debating.

Being honest; before I joined this wiki I never knew 3/4 of the Anime/Manga/VNs we talk about here at all.

2chan poorly-drawn cat animations from 2005 are my favorite anime.

>Bill Cipher is from Gravity Falls

Haha

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Being honest; before I joined this wiki I never knew 3/4 of the Anime/Manga/VNs we talk about here at all.
2chan poorly-drawn cat animations from 2005 are my favorite anime.

>Bill Cipher is from Gravity Falls

Haha
What's so funny about that?

167 episode of Shippuden has a great animation.

Most people have no idea how to judge anime / games / movies etc.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
I thought having a good story and character development were standards for most media

No.

Why anyone watch a battle shonen anime like Naruto or Bleach? For plot? No. For good characters? No. For good fight scenes? Yes.

Boruto is surprisingly good for a series that was created just to milk the series, Fun fact Naruto's editor couldn't get his manga published and was stressing that he wouldn't be able to find a job, so after Shueisha requested Kishimotto continue Naruto via a "Reboot" he gave it to his editor to continue, ensuring he would always have a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back