• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Js250476 said:
People complain about originality in video games way to much
If someone can find a completely original concept for a video game and make it big, I applaud them. That's kinda hard to do now though, because of how many different ideas have been portrayed in games already.

People complain about later generations of Pokémon past Gen 1 to much and Gen 1 designs weren't the best ether (like one of the Pokémon was a literal pile of shit ffs)

The only valid reasons to play the original Red & Blue games are either to enjoy the glitches or to transfer Pokémon with their hidden abilities.

Nico-v11 said:
Live action movies based off anime can be awesome if made well
To add to this, Ghost in The Shell (Live Action) wasn't the worst anime movie in history. I haven't seen the original (want to, but haven't gotten the chance yet), but it wasn't really meant to be a perfect copy of the original. I'm pretty sure that it was cattered towards the general action movie fanbase than those who might have seen the original.

Yu Yu Hakusho set a bar than a shounen anime series has yet to pass.

To add to that, 90s anime as a whole was astronomically better than 2000s/2010s anime as a whole. Death Note can only being the decade up so high.

You need to have hell one good gameplay to make up for the lack of story.

I can handle a game having NO story at all, but a game having a BAD story is something else.

Nintendo Switch is arguably a better "console" than both the PS4 and Xbox One despite it being far weaker

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think Altair is the best character in Re:Creators due to the fact that she's both a villain and a hero (more an anti-hero though), recognizes this, revels in it and uses this to prove that being a hero isn't everything good in a story.

Being completely honest, I only really like Kanto for no more than 10 Pokémon: Charizard, Gengar, Starmie, Mewtwo, Snorlax, Mew, Venusaur, Alakazam, Eevee, and Ninetales/Arcanine. I know that's 11, but screw it.

You can have a game whitout a well written story or no story at all and still be very good, but if you have a game with a good story but bad gameplay you may aswell write a book.

Not really. A book is not only just words, lacking sounds and pictures, but the most important part is the interaction aspect. It's why people who make VNs don't just make Books or Anime.

I'm loving this thread.

As for me...

• Castle Crashers isn't all that great.
  • Bleach anime > Bleach manga. (And I really, REALLY love reading)
  • Lucifer (The TV series) is underrated.
  • Personally LISA and OFF were more enjoyable than Undertale. (The three were excellent tho)
  • Final Fantasy V was the best Final Fantasy. VI comes a close second.
  • Dark Souls and Cuphead's difficulty are overrated. (Both games are fkn great, but they aren't really that difficult)
  • GTA IV is probably the worst GTA game. (San Andreas and V are the best)
  • Minecraft gets really old really quickly without multiplayer.
  • The Walking Dead should've died a long time ago.
  • While still incredibly good, Heroes of Olympus was kind of a letdown compared to Percy Jackson, Magnus Chase and House of Kane.
    • Trials of Apollo is good but Meg McCaffrey is a horrible, horrible character. (There has been quite some time since I hated a character as much as her, and that's saying something. But to her defense, she's probably not all that bad as a character)
  • Tier 0 and High 1-A shouldn't really exist.
  • Katanas are overrated.
  • Vikings (The actual historical stuff, the TV series is great) and ninjas are overrated.
  • A Song of Ice and Fire >>> The Lord of the Rings. The books, I mean.
    • On the flipside, in importance and general relevancy, Tolkien >>> George R.R. Martin.
  • The comicbook Injustice series is easily the best comicbook series I've ever read, provided one has read DC for a long time.
  • In general, manga > comicbooks.
  • Suicide Squad was a really good movie.
    • Harlequin wasn't the best character, neither was the Joker. Not by a long... shot. see what i did there
  • Featherine Augustus Aurora is weaker than Lovecraft!Nyarlathotep.
  • Crossed is more scary than 90% of horror fiction.
  • FNAF is good. Not "OH GOD THE BEST" nor "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE". It is enjoyable, and a great reflex/concentration exercise once you get over the scare factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back