• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UnOrdinary Discussion Thread

Oh no, close mine lol

I dont have a green name anyway lol.

Edit: Read that wrong lol.

But yeah, Sera best girl.

She totally needs to get her ability back.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Tomorrow I'm gonna spruce up that verse page.
TBH, I kind of rushed it, someone who has actual skill when it comes to profile/verse creation can probably do a better job then me.

why did no one ask about the conflict that will arise once Sera finds out John has powers since he has yet to tell her still. Whether if it's gonna be long or short chapter wise.

Sage God Slayer said:
why did no one ask about the conflict that will arise once Sera finds out John has powers since he has yet to tell her still. Whether if it's gonna be long or short chapter wise.
She will probably shrug tbh.

She did that alot.

Looks like she keeps more to her chest

What I wanna know is how war and conflict is settled in this world.

Oi Kinky, here's your chance.

I said that I preferred it when it was the story of the sassy underdog rather than the story of the edgy guy hiding his powers.

You said you liked the change.

Let's discuss

Monarch Laciel said:
Oi Kinky, here's your chance.
I said that I preferred it when it was the story of the sassy underdog rather than the story of the edgy guy hiding his powers.

You said you liked the change.

Let's discuss
MFW your favorite green namer comments on your favorite verse, but you also need to study for a test on tuesday.

FFFFFF. (Honestly I think your opinion is closer then Dragons)

I plan to make a blog comparing John and Deku, so I will get back to you.

I think also, it depends on your perspective. I really personally relate to John.

That is all I will say for now other then I like both,

Wow. I honestly like that question. Though I think the author is going for something different than, say, the creator of MHA. You have a character who doesn't desire to use his power, and wants to change the world without using it, and you have a character who desires power in order to change the world. Both use their abilities, but their struggles and character archetypes are very different. In stories like Unordinary, the bad guy is typically intrinsic to the main character. It's not that he doesn't have the power physically. But, rather, he doesn't have the will to use it. Whereas in the other case, the character has the will to use the power, yet isn't quite as strong as they need to be. I honestly think John having an ability adds more depth to the story, especially when you consider Ember, and the fact that his father is a legitimate cripple. Plus, we also don't know the ins and outs of John's abilities. It may have a condition where he must be a legitimate cripple for some reason or another. Who knows.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...n_and_Deku,_two_cripples_in_a_world_of_Supers

There yall go, but you are totally right Teon.

That is kind of why I think john isnt 'edgy' or even a 'badass'.

He is just damaged goods, simply put and limited by his own mind.

I guess the best comparison is like him to Kuwabara.

Kuwabara has a 'badass' power,but he is limited by his personality and his lack of intelligence

John is limited by his background and his general thought process.

But at least he aint Asslo. (Tho he can be an ass at times.)

Yeah, but everyone has their moments. To not allow the good people to have their bad moments would be immensely unfair to them.

Ooh, loving that thread title.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I hope this doesn't follow the trope of, "I'll tell you later". Just tell her. I highly doubt Sera would care. She barely gives any ***** as is.
╠ÂT╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âl╠Âa╠Âc╠Âk╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âf╠Âu╠Âc╠Âk╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âa╠Ân╠Âs╠Âl╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âs╠Âta╠Ây╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠ÂJ╠Âo╠Âh╠Ân╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âs╠Âe╠Â

Yeah, you are totally right. She will probably just be like

"Cool, anyway, wanna play some more Slappy Pig?"

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Matter of fact I see her going like "Oh cool. Show me how it works."
And thats the joke setup for next chapter.

Sera: "Show me how it works."

John: "****, activate your ability for me Doc."

Doc: "**** off John."

John:"Sorry Miss, Can't. Doctor's Orders."

KinkiestSins said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I hope this doesn't follow the trope of, "I'll tell you later". Just tell her. I highly doubt Sera would care. She barely gives any ***** as is.
╠ÂT╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âl╠Âa╠Âc╠Âk╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âf╠Âu╠Âc╠Âk╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âa╠Ân╠Âs╠Âl╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âs╠Âta╠Ây╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠ÂJ╠Âo╠Âh╠Ân╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âs╠Âe╠Â
Yeah, you are totally right. She will probably just be like

"Cool, anyway, wanna play some more Slappy Pig?"
I doubt she'd be quite that chill about it.

I mean, he is closer to her than anyone else in the series, and she's probably closer to him than anyone else, but he's been hiding a secret from her since the start of their relationship - in fact, it's a secret that is the foundation of their relationship, that he's just a cripple yet still stood up for himself anyway, that didn't cower away from her like everyone else did despite being overwhelmingly weaker than her. Knowing that he was actually on her level, if not stronger, the whole time is a major change to that relationship.

Monarch Laciel said:
I doubt she'd be quite that chill about it.
I mean, in all seriousness, probably right.

She even told Arlo to his face basically along the lines of she was done being lied too.

This is a pretty big lie.

Now granted, if he finishes by saying "And then after I activated my ability, I beat the crap out of Arlo." She might be like

"Well, at least someone else kicked him off his high horse."

Monarch Laciel said:
>Doesn't say anything else on my second paragraph where I commented on an important aspect of their relationship
Pout
Bruh, its 6:30 in the morning ovo.

But yeah, once he gets it off his chest, there will be tension.

But pretty sure he will be back to his good old self and sera will forgive eventually.

Also, you and Aeyu's meme arrows need to stop lul.

@Monarch

I truly don't see Sera getting too mad at him once he tells her the reason. Not to mention I doubt using his abilities was the farthest from his mind during most of his time there and as such it was never brought up until recently. Based upon Sera as a character and how I view her, I see her as being surprised but rather chill about it. It will affect their relationship slightly yes as she now know her best friend is actually broken as all hell, but I doubt it will be anything catastrophic. I may be wrong though.

I think their roles in the series will essentially switch for the time being, with John protecting Sera rather than the other way around. Issue is, John's character has changed with his best friend being gone for so long. Or, rather, his tolerance had gone down. He had grown used to relying on and leaning on Sera for support. With her gone, he returned to how he used to be, as he was so unused to not having that direct line of support.

I don't think that Sera will freak. I think she'll be fairly amused, but likely not all that surprised. I think she'll be more curious as to why he doesn't use his powers, as that's an essential part of John's character. The ensuing conversation might help both of them develop, as they likely suspect Sera's powers aren't coming back.

So wait, if abilities are hereditary, does that mean John got them from his mom?

I mean, if thats the case...who is this badass of a woman and when can I see her?

Calling it now,

John just shot himself in the foot.

He lied and Sera will call him out for it in the future.

Basically, we gonna get a friendship redemption arc.

Also i think the speed of the verse should be upgrade,this feat (page 61-62) seem to be definitely above superhuman,more like Subsonic

And I finally caught up again. So does anybody else hate the hierarchy system and how people generally act in this world? Like 90% of the people are dicks

Back