• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

Survivability: The ability to still be semi-functional even after losing limbs/organs/parts of their body/ being reduced to dust/molecules/atoms or to a single piece of your body. Unlike Inmortality, this is simply the ability to continue living in spite of being heavily damaged, the user still has a (relatively) normal lifespan and is subject to eventual decay of his remaining body parts.

Not sure if this is jumping the gun but...

How about Anti-Regenerationn?

It is the ability to inflict wounds that can't be healed, even if the victim has Regenerationn.

Suggesting this because negation, and consequently Regenerationn negation, is soon to be merged with power nullification and I think this ability is different from Power Null since you aren't deactivating the target's ability to heal wounds in general but rather just leaving a particular wound that his regen isn't effective against.

'''Tentacle Manipulation:''' The ability to grow and or utilize long appendages of mechanical or biological origin for different tasks.

@Apies you mean fusionism or power bestowal?

@Aguila nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Power Creation:The ability to create powers.It is differant from regular creation since creating powers is not the same thing as creating matter or pocket realities.

I assume infusion is what characters do in fiction to strenghten normal objects. For example, Gambit infuses normal cards with kinetic energy to make them explode, HxH characters infuse nen into objects to make them stronger and more durable, Trunks infuses ki into his blade to strengthen it.

I would personally disagree with that.

>Energy Projection is a subset of Energy Manipulation in which the user is able to emit concentrated bursts of energy, most frequently for offensive purposes. The power and flexibility of this ability varies between media, ranging from simple destructive blasts to far more complex usages (i.e. Darkseid's Omega Beams).

Direct from our own Energy Manipulation page. Not really similar to Infusion.

What's the opposite of precognition, retcognition?

whatever it is, I believe it should be added.

Isn't that just memory?

That sounds more like energy manipulation than projection @DMUA

@Aguila its still technically fusionism/power bestowal/stats amp, albeit a loose version of it.

@Andy that sounds like a good idea

Guess I'll ask again, what do people think of Vulnerability Inducement? Think TF2's Jarate or something. Effects that force the victim to take increased damage from all outside sources. Different from just amping the user or their own attacks.

@Wok Seems best to file it under status effect inducement than creating a new page for it.

status effect inducement is one of those super broad powers like Magic that ton of things could be considered subsets of. We have pages for stuff like paralysis induction that could go under status effects, notably.

SomebodyData said:
That sounds more like energy manipulation than projection @DMUA

@Aguila its still technically fusionism/power bestowal/stats amp, albeit a loose version of it.
I think haveing a more specific verson could be useful though, especially considering just how much it actually appears in fiction.

Vulnerability inducement is a lot less common than paralysis inducement though.

Wokistan said:
Guess I'll ask again, what do people think of Vulnerability Inducement? Think TF2's Jarate or something. Effects that force the victim to take increased damage from all outside sources. Different from just amping the user or their own attacks.
That's a variety of Statistics Reduction, the statistic being Defense/Durability.

What about Slime Manipulation?

It could be distingued from Water Manipulation as its commonly more dense and sticky, being mostly used to trap opponents and consume them.

Many characters do also have a slime physiology, which give them a wider variety of abilities, from regen, transformation, shapeshifting, body control, elasticity, absorption, duplication, acid manipulation, etc etc.

Silme Manipulation isn't nearly as common as other liquid manipulation, such as Ink/Paint Manipulation, Mud, etc.

That and for many character's its more of a form of Body Control.

I'm sort of against "Slime Phisiology" or other kinds of "Physiology" powers as they don't really do much other than restate powers that can be better explained on-page on a seperate page.

Same, but with the Shockwave manip

Infusion could be interesting. Is that something that that one guy from Bleach would have? I can't remember his name at the moment

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
The introduction of a new element or quality into something
@Jordan I never finished Bleach, so I wouldn't know, but ^^^^ is the definition I provided for infusion, and Aguila provided a bunch of examples.

AguilaR101 said:
I assume infusion is what characters do in fiction to strenghten normal objects. For example, Gambit infuses normal cards with kinetic energy to make them explode, HxH characters infuse nen into objects to make them stronger and more durable, Trunks infuses ki into his blade to strengthen it.

Acrobatics.

Please, for the love of god, Acrobatics.

Similar real-world abilities that should be added might be Lockpicking or Torture/Interrogation/etc.

Back