• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

I think that vibration manipulation gives off the wrong impression, like it's about creating earthquakes or something.

Like when Ryüko Matoi swings her sword and the blade shockwave cuts something across the way, I wouldn't use the word vibration to describe that, anymore than I'd call Spidey's webbing "Liquid Manipulation" even though that's technically not inaccurate.

Yes but vibration manipulation can cover more things than just shockwaves. I'm not sure if shockwaves are distinct enough to get their own power.

All of the characters linked to Vibration manip use it to create earthquakes or cause things to vibrate and shatter. I've never seen it used to refer to characters that are literally projecting force through the air to punch or cut from a distance.

And I think it's distinct enough considering that there are variations such as impact shockwaves, bladed shockwaves, and being able to hit somewhere and have the shockwave come out somewhere else.

Hell, we have Martial Arts and Pressure Points as two separate powers. As well as Energy Manipulation and Energy Projection

Medaka Box's Style Users have Vibration Manipulation, as styles are kind of weaponized vibrations.

Because Martial Arts and Pressure Points are used widely in fiction distinct from each other. Same with Energy Manipulation and Energy Projection.

Which, again, is referring to the usage of sound, not shockwaves.

And while you can argue that sound is comprised of shockwaves, they aren't literally hitting or slicing objects with the air they're projecting. I think that Shockwaves are also distinctly used by characters that don't necessarily have the ability to cause vibrations, similarly to pressure points being a distinct thing.

Pressure Points is not like normal martial arts and usually have Durability Negation unlike it.

Energy Projection is redundant to me. I might a future CRT it since it is redundant of Energy Manipulation.

I also don't it right to make redundant abilities just because some past abilities were redundant. Besides like I said before, we deleted redundant abilities roughly all time and redundant abilities like smite and One hit Kill have been removed.

It isn't actually referring to sound, it's a pretty complicated thing but one of the aspects are how the specific vibrations can be passed from one person from another to have power bestowal, the vibrations can also repel contact, etc. It's not really just sound that goes into Style Users.

Yes and there are characters that can manipulate happiness and not any other emotion. But this website is not the powerlisting wiki. We don't need Conceptual Baking because it's not often enough distinct from other powers in fiction.

That is definitely the case, but I also think that when a person reads "vibration" they would never think of shockwaves as an application of it, they tend to be presented as two very different abilities.

Is not necessary magic (Demonic Magic would be the xombination of both powers tho), I suggested three names in the comment, but you can also suggest if are interested.

I'm gonna go ahead and write up a draft for "Bodily Projectiles." (Great name, BTW.)

However, are there any good characters that would fall under this category that could represent this power in the form of a gif? (To remind everyone, this is when a character can launch projectiles from their bodies, such as needle-like fur or feathers.)

Here's a power I'm shocked ain't a thing.

Mediumship.

The ability to speak with the dead/spirits. So common it hurts.

Back