• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gintama - Gintoki's Gag abilities and other things CRT

Yeah, He broke the SFX kanji and writed in the air sound effects with his pencil 🗿
That's like a combination of 4th Wall Awareness for being able to see an SFX which is normally only for the audience. Then NPI for being able to interact with the SFX which is not meant to be interacted with, at least by a fictional character. And sound manipulation for manipulating an SFX and producing a sound which wasn't originally intended to be heard.

That's like a combination of 4th Wall Awareness for being able to see an SFX which is normally only for the audience. Then NPI for being able to interact with the SFX which is not meant to be interacted with, at least by a fictional character. And sound manipulation for manipulating an SFX and producing a sound which wasn't originally intended to be heard.
Yeah

Also, it would be better if you strike-through the previous stuff in the OP and then add the new stuff to the OP, to just show the stuff which was considered inapplicable.

For instinctive action, things like this (credit: Grappler Baki verse) are better. If Gintoki fought someone who possesses clairvoyance (or mind-reading) and the clairvoyant was unable to track him simply because he fought without thinking, then it would be an undeniable proof.

Gintoki prior to using his bloodlust, Batou was actually capable of harming Gintoki

After gintoki started using his instinct and bloodlust he was unpredictable to even Batou who can do the abilities i listed

I'm gonna sleep, I'm tired

I will come back when i wake up, Please call a staff in the mean time

9 notifications and none of them were staff for this thread

And no participant in my VS Thread ;c

Gintoki can outrun them (Kinda)

Deflect, Dodge, Parry and block bullets both long range and close range no problem

I'd like to know why anime scans and manga scans are both being used for justification. If the verse has a manga and it came first we use that, if it's anime first then we use that. Which one does our profiles use?

I'd like to know why anime scans and manga scans are both being used for justification. If the verse has a manga and it came first we use that, if it's anime first then we use that. Which one does our profiles use?
The manga and anime are technically the same

The only difference is that the anime shows a different angle from the manga

Like gintoki kicks something in a certain way

The anime shows the exact scene but in a different angle

I don't remember the chapters by memory, Forgive me ;-;
This is kind of important seeing as this could cause problems if they aren't 1 for 1 but I'll evaluate the thread under the assumption that they are the same.

Abilities;

Enhanced Senses
- (Enhanced Awareness - Dodged an attack he couldn't see, Saved Kagura who got blitzed by kamui, Dodged a kick by Kamui that was about to hit him, Soul vision - Gintoki can see ghosts that are invisible to people who can see other ghosts, Neutral vision - Can see SFX)
Him saving Kagura doesn't seem like enhanced senses at all, the other stuff looks alright to a degree.
Instinctive action - (Gintoki is able to pressure Batou using his eye technique by instinct, Blocks an attack by instinct)
Pressure his eye ability on instinct? I don't follow. As for the second scan, no. The guy assumed at first that he was going toe to toe with that level of swordsman-ship with pure instinct but then stated it's more like he was already familiar with it.
Non-Physical interaction, Sound manipulation and Fourth wall awareness - (Interacted with and changed show's sound effect and also is capable of writing in the air)
This seems fine.
Resistences;

Hacking
, Data manipulation, Deconstruction, Poison manipulation, Energy manipulation, Aura, Eletricity manipulation - (Tanks an attack similar to his toothpick weapon) - (Not quite sure with this one)
You need to put the description of what the weapon does in their as well because just seeing this in the resistance section wouldn't be proper. As for the resistances themselves, he'd only gain resistance to the data/deconstruction, since he's not being hacked, withstanding an energy attacks isn't resistance, aura isn't offensive and isn't doing anything so it isn't a resistance, and I don't see him being hit by the electricity attack the toothpick can use.

Enhanced senses and Extrasensory perception - (Enhanced smell and enhanced awareness - Made Nizo think he cutted Gintoki's arm when in reality it was an illusion created by Gintoki, Extra senses - Pluto's third eye couldn't read Gintoki which can also sense bloodlust)
The first scan isn't a resistance, it was an illusion as they mentioned in the scan, the guy mentions that he's faster than him and he only saw that he cut him but it was an illusion. The other scan isn't translated so I can't tell what it says.
Why are they all still images, I can't tell how fast it works on others or if he's resisting anything... you need to show the entire feat.
Gag abilities;

Multiple selves
, Non-Physical interaction - (Type 2 - Guardian Spirit Ashraman: Ashraman is the guardian spirit of Gintoki, invisible ghost by nature pledges allegiance to his master. Has the uncanny physical strength and can attack the enemy, attempted the life of Kagura, as well as cause damage to spiritual beings. When taking damage Ashoamana, Gintoki will also be harmful)
The scan isn't working for me.
Absorption - (Gintoki has the ability to breathe a spirits of dead people and use them as stands, each of which has its own special ability. Gintoki can freely switch between them in battle. Capacity is limited to the stands, at an overabundance spirits will fall out from the body to the outside)
Where is the scans?
Multiple selves, Statistics amplification - (Type 1 and 2 - Rei: Increases Gintoki's strenght)
The second scan is just a still image of him colliding fists with someone, how can I tell it amplified his strength? You need to provide a statement or show him previously unable to match the other character without the amp from Rei
Multiple selves, Enhanced Statistics amplification - (Type 1 and 2 - With Iron girl: Using her spirit the handyman Gin-san, Kagura, Gintoki receives at its disposal a huge physical force representative race Yato, the strongest clan in the universe)
This is once again a still image of a character without a statement or showing of this huge physical force.
Multiple selves, Spacial manipulation, Dark matter Manipulation, Poison manipulation, Acid manipulation - (Type 1 and 2 - Smiling cabaret club: With the spirit of Shimura Otae Gintoki gains the ability to distort space and create dark matter in their hands. Matter is poisonous and has the properties of acids)
Seems alright I guess.
Multiple selves, Weapon creation - (Type 1 and 2 - Missionary: Japanese missionary spirit with a gun)
Can you show a scan of the weapon being created? Cause from that image alone I can't tell.
Transformation, Aura - (Mugetsu: Gintoki has the ability, like Ichigo to reincarnation in Mugetsu. But unlike Ichigo's mugetsu Gin-san improved it to stay in one piece, also keeps his white kimono)
Ok I guess.
Energy manipulation, Explosion manipulation - (Stumps bank: Gintoki kicks ordinary tin / aluminum cans with enough force to cause an explosion that could be seen from orbit)
Scan isn't working for me.
Sure, I guess.
Optional Equipment;

Toothpick Guingamp

Said weapon will give the following;

Hacking, Data manipulation, Deconstruction, Poison manipulation, Energy manipulation, Aura, Eletricity manipulation - (This weapon damages the body on data level to consume the opponent sending data which is rotten and causes food poisoning at high speeds making them deconstruct, This weapon also discharges eletricity and is able to produce energy based attacks)
While electricity and energy projection are fine the first scan isn't translated and the scans only show deconstruction.
Toothpick Guingamp: Donated by Edo master sword, capable of killing any kind of computer viruses and create energy attacks, surrounding the aura of its owner. Known attacks:

The last one looks good but since their aren't scans for the other attacks, I can't say if the descriptions are accurate.

Soo... Do you agree with them? Or is there something you do not agree?
I posted my thoughts above. There are many issues with this revision. Many of the scans are still images which don't provide clear depictions of the information you put in the description, and some aren't translated. Even though I'm ignoring the fact that both manga and anime scans are used, I alone cannot decide what to do. You'll need more staff input, if you want, I can tag other staff members with evaluation rights to look over this If you've yet to contact them.

Him saving Kagura doesn't seem like enhanced senses at all, the other stuff looks alright to a degree.
Alright
Pressure his eye ability on instinct? I don't follow. As for the second scan, no. The guy assumed at first that he was going toe to toe with that level of swordsman-ship with pure instinct but then stated it's more like he was already familiar with it.
His third eye is capable of seeing someones intention, Past, movement, bloodlust and mind
You need to put the description of what the weapon does in their as well because just seeing this in the resistance section wouldn't be proper. As for the resistances themselves, he'd only gain resistance to the data/deconstruction, since he's not being hacked, withstanding an energy attacks isn't resistance, aura isn't offensive and isn't doing anything so it isn't a resistance, and I don't see him being hit by the electricity attack the toothpick can use.
Deconstruction and Data, Got it
The first scan isn't a resistance, it was an illusion as they mentioned in the scan, the guy mentions that he's faster than him and he only saw that he cut him but it was an illusion. The other scan isn't translated so I can't tell what it says.
The guy with glasses uses his enhanced smell to locate someone, Plutos third eye is capable of doing the things i said above
Why are they all still images, I can't tell how fast it works on others or if he's resisting anything... you need to show the entire feat.
Context is simple;

Enemy fires a blast, Kagura and Shinpachi was hit

Kagura becomes instantly pixelizated while Shinpachi had half of his buddy pixelizated and he was rapidly pixelizing s'well

Gintoki was also hit and was pixelized in his "Private area", He had to run from the enemy, Had a full conversation with his companion, And fought and defeated the enemy and he was just slightly pixelized on his shoulder and private area
The scan isn't working for me.
It's on his profile, You can try there (Sorry for giving you trouble)
Where is the scans?
By doing this he had the abilities below
The second scan is just a still image of him colliding fists with someone, how can I tell it amplified his strength? You need to provide a statement or show him previously unable to match the other character without the amp from Rei
Gintoki was getting massacre'd by her, And with Rei possessed, He was clashing with her
This is once again a still image of a character without a statement or showing of this huge physical force.
In this one, He was overpowering her with ease, He was pushing her through the corridor
Can you show a scan of the weapon being created? Cause from that image alone I can't tell.
The weapon just shows out of nowhere actually, Gintoki didn't have anything on him, He didn't even touch any weapon

The ghost just seemly created one out of nowhere and one shotted the person he was dealing with
Scan isn't working for me.
It's in the profile (Sorry for giving you more work)
While electricity and energy projection are fine the first scan isn't translated and the scans only show deconstruction.
1st scan - "They take advantage of the tapir nature to consume data"

2nd scan - "Sending large ammounts of Data at high speed"

3rd scan - "And the Data is rotten enough to cause food poisoning"

4th scan - "If you keep sending intoxication to their stomachs after they are intoxicated"

5th scan - "Their stomach won't be capable of processing all data"

Then, They just deconstruct

The last one looks good but since their aren't scans for the other attacks, I can't say if the descriptions are accurate.
They just keep spamming energy attacks and calling them whatever i think, But i will get them for you
I posted my thoughts above. There are many issues with this revision. Many of the scans are still images which don't provide clear depictions of the information you put in the description, and some aren't translated. Even though I'm ignoring the fact that both manga and anime scans are used, I alone cannot decide what to do. You'll need more staff input, if you want, I can tag other staff members with evaluation rights to look over this If you've yet to contact them.
Thank you for your input and i would love too if you could call someone, I have been having trouble with that ;-;

Also the anime and manga part were kinda discussed here;

Can that count as Kinetic vision then?

Kagura, Gintoki and alot of the characters can react to bullets like it's a joke

Yet Kagura was blitzed by Kamui and Gintoki was able to keep track of his movements and even save Kagura before she was hit at close range

Back